DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Towers of Midnight are in Seanchan

fosterrl

• 2 weeks later...

Well I always thought there was a chance that we were heading to Seanshan especially because of the title, but all the major contributors to this forum say we aren't. O well not like what I imagine, a big battle with Mats guns blasting away at the tower walls.

Why? because Fortuona has been imprison by her people in those towers. I believe I read somewhere, where the towers were built to house political prisoners. Not sure

The reason most people say that we aren't going to Seanchan is because RJ said that The Action won't be going to Seanchan. (Which certainly rules ut a huge resuce mission).

But, it doesn't rule out a mini excursion such as Rand and Avi have already had over there.

What if the Tower of Ghenjei and the Towers of Midnight are linked?

Mat enters the Tower of Ghenjei, discovers that Moraine has morphed into an Aelfinn and is now sitting on a post, runs for the nearest exit, and emerges on the plain next to the Towers of Midnight. His next task is to figure out not only where he is, but how he is going to get back. Obviously this involves re-entering one of the towers and confronting Moraelfinn.

Mat enters the Tower of Ghenjei, discovers that Moraine has morphed into an Aelfinn and is now sitting on a post, runs for the nearest exit, and emerges on the plain next to the Towers of Midnight. His next task is to figure out not only where he is, but how he is going to get back. Obviously this involves re-entering one of the towers and confronting Moraelfinn.

what on earth is this?

what on earth is this?

I'm not entirely sure.

But I like it.

what on earth is this?

I'm not entirely sure.

But I like it.

indeed. I say we need more of this to keep DM on the ball.

The reason most people say that we aren't going to Seanchan is because RJ said that The Action won't be going to Seanchan. (Which certainly rules ut a huge resuce mission).

But, it doesn't rule out a mini excursion such as Rand and Avi have already had over there.

Anyone know how to grab this quote up real quick?? I thought it was worded a little different for some reason.

ah, here it is.

Barnes and Noble chat 11 November 1997

Kate from State College PA: In a previous statement I believe you had basically said that the action of the series would take place in the lands known to Rand and his friends, i.e., not Shara or Seanchan and yet the new book has a lot of stuff about those lands--have you changed your mind? Is action in either of these two lands a possibility now?

RJ: No. Except for the possible occasional divergence, like for Rand's excursions to Seanchan when he chased after Aviendha. I was willing to put as much as I did into the guide because I will not be using those things in the books in the same way that I used Kandor or Saldaea.

Archived