DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ideas upon a (Blank)

FallingBullets

As stated here by Richard Fife:

It was late Saturday evening and [Robert Jordan and I] were talking about this and that, whatever he wanted to. He stopped short, got very serious and quiet. He leaned toward me and whispered these words that will be forever are etched in my mind, “There’s a (Blank) in the Blight.” His revelation took me completely by surprise so I asked, “There’s a what in the Blight?” He repeated, “There’s a (Blank) in the Blight and no one knows about it, not even Harriet.” He then explained the (Blank) in extreme detail and the significance it would play in things yet to come. For the next two hours the book flew off his tongue at a staggering pace. Wow! I’ve spent countless hours with [him]. None were better than that magical night.

So, any ideas about this (Blank)? I havent the foggiest, but it sounds absolutely epic :D

Joe

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think posting the full bit would be helpful.

...so here is what Wilson told me, and what I asked Brandon to elaborate on:

It was late Saturday evening and [Robert Jordan and I] were talking about this and that, whatever he wanted to. He stopped short, got very serious and quiet. He leaned toward me and whispered these words that will be forever are etched in my mind, “There’s a (Blank) in the Blight.” His revelation took me completely by surprise so I asked, “There’s a what in the Blight?” He repeated, “There’s a (Blank) in the Blight and no one knows about it, not even Harriet.” He then explained the (Blank) in extreme detail and the significance it would play in things yet to come. For the next two hours the book flew off his tongue at a staggering pace. Wow! I’ve spent countless hours with [him]. None were better than that magical night.

So yeah, I asked Brandon to elaborate on what the (Blank) was. He smiled and chuckled, but he did not RAFO me. Instead, he commented about how Wilson has much more liberty in talking about these sorts of things than Brandon does, due to Brandon’s contract, and said that he’d heard that story four times, from Harriet, Wilson, Alan, and Maria, usually with the tack on of how they had to run out and buy a tape recorder at midnight. BUT, he did say that while the (Blank) would not be revealed this book, it would be alluded to much more. Of course, all of those goofballs at Theoryland are probably frothing right now, so I’ll say this. Remember that theory I put up a bit ago, about how I think the Dark One is the Great Serpent, and there was a footnote that was deleted by Tamyrlin? Yeah, he knew about this all the way back then and kept his yap shut, first trying to get me to write a theory, then letting me pop it like this at my leisure. (Sorry Matt, I just drive the bus.)

I find it most interesting that a theory on The Serpent and The DO being the same could tangentially (as it was a footnote) be related to something in the Blight.

Also the fact that it will be alluded to more in ToM implies that it already has been - hence I think the Fortress is out as that's most definitely been more than just alluded to.

Anyone going to volunteer to crawl through the books for every little scrap about the Blight (and more specifically, what's in it)?

Dragon ... perfectly obvious to me. B)

anyone recall when two of the Chosen were flappin' their gums and they mumbled something to the effect of " these third age goobs have no flippin' idea what the worms turn into when they grow up" ..... or along those lines.

Dragon ... perfectly obvious to me. B)

anyone recall when two of the Chosen were flappin' their gums and they mumbled something to the effect of " these third age goobs have no flippin' idea what the worms turn into when they grow up" ..... or along those lines.

Ah, indeed, you are a wise old sage... Or is that Wizened?

I actually think the series would do better to not have any dragons in it. I liked how in TGS we had that brief moment where someone says "Oh no a flying serpent that channels!" even if it did last a moment before "Duuuh, its got channelers on its BACK." That was roped in really well, but that I think should be the only time we see or think of actual winged dragons. The to'raken are good as they are.

I dont have quoteages but somewhere along the way I heard some official person say there would be no actual 'dragons' in the series. All we get are the raken.

The worms just grow up into big worms, these worms then caccoon up and turn into shadar haran's, and then when they reach the end of their existance, they turn into bubbles of evil.

On a serious note, what can be there that surprised people so much? I mean fortress and "small" things are somewhat surprising but will not require go and buy a tape recorder at night. My guess it's a city. Trollocs have clans and structured organization (somewhat) and city would require a description. Plus, we know nothing about trollocs or fades (they do need place to sleep and eat and reproduce (if they do reproduce)). So, my guess, once again, is a city. Somehow the mass of tollocs must be sustained (fed and all; no ways they have enough food from raids). Maybe trollocs females and children also farm? Sounds crazy but how else would they be able to survive?

I stand by "Dragon."

Even in book one, the crazy Aiel woman who was injured and went to the stedding, told the Ogier that "Ba'alzamon means to kill the Great Serpent" or some such. The Great Serpent (real Dragon) is like a gerbil running on a wheel (or is it Wheel?) that is keeping the Wheel of Time turning. That Great Serpent is also the Creator, IMO. Rand is the "Great Serpent's Chosen One" which is why, when he was close to the Blight, it (He) talked to Rand at the end of tEotW.

I'm only partly joking; but I do think there is something to this.

My first thought was another choedan kal (spelling?) but after thinking about it i don't see it being the blank. If i'd had to guess it would be on some city, long dead that has some nice secret that helps in some way. Either way it will be very interesting to read about when it comes up.

whatever it is "it" needs some description so it has to be something either A. "large" in nature (big in scope) or B. Complex in design and closely related to story line(s).

City makes sense.

"I stand by "Dragon."

Even in book one, the crazy Aiel woman who was injured and went to the stedding, told the Ogier that "Ba'alzamon means to kill the Great Serpent" or some such. The Great Serpent (real Dragon) is like a gerbil running on a wheel (or is it Wheel?) that is keeping the Wheel of Time turning. That Great Serpent is also the Creator, IMO. Rand is the "Great Serpent's Chosen One" which is why, when he was close to the Blight, it (He) talked to Rand at the end of tEotW.

I'm only partly joking; but I do think there is something to this."

I can see your point and though it does sound a bit crazy I have to say i really like! I never thought of serpent as being something actually alive. Long shot, of course, but if presented in the right way....

Archived