DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ideas upon a (Blank)

FallingBullets

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to throw Portal Stones out there. I think there'll be one in Rhuidean as well. But if I was putting any money on it I would probably stick to the fortress, RJ was alive to say the words of "Theres a [blank] in the Blight" which must have meant there was enough time between then and Brandon writing TGS for the Fortress still be unknown to Harriet, if that makes sense.

I believe it's a place, a "vortex" of sorts, where space stretches out into infinity or near-infinity - hence explaining why there are many magnitudes more Trollocs than the Blight could support according to the normal laws of biophysics.

I've postulated this theory as far back as several books ago.

A thing/ place in the Blight that Robert Jordan did not tell his wife about. Hmmm. Exotic Dancer spots featuring female Gholam? With their inherent flexibility, that would be some act. Maybe THATS where the lady Myrdraal are...one never knows.

On a serious note, I suppose the Great Serpent could be an actual snake, given some of OUR myths feature actual snakes, snakes that essentially bring about Armagedon. The Norse myth of Jormungandr features such a creature; should he let go his tail, the world will end. We know Robert Jordan mixed myths with the mundane to create a new milleau of both. So, maybe, just maybe, the Great Serpent is there in the blight, and right beside that enormous reptile is the realm of the Creator; as the veil between the Great Lord of the Dark is thin at the Bore, the interface between malevolent blight and magnaminous Creator is equally thin at the Great Serpent's lair. I hope that made sense.

Sincerely,

Wheel of Thyme

Howa bout a stasis box full of goodies from the AoL?

It's a statsis box that has another Dragon Reborn in it.

(Discussion on my facebook page "Wheel of Time-For those who have read the full series, plz join lol)

It is said (Q&A with BS I think?) that "We" (the readers) assume the voice in Rands head is LTT?

Whatever it is it's man-made and did not exist in the age of legends. We know Shayol Ghul was an idyllic getaway. The earth was mapped back then, and we haven't YET heard of any freaky-deaky things that would blow our mind.

Next, we know that people like Lan and others have been in the Mountains of Dhoom, Tarwins Gap, and the Blasted Lands. Or so I'd think....ok, tangent....

In the EotW, Moiraine states that the outcome is all but foretold when trollocs force battle inside the Blight. Ok, fine. But then, why on earth would you have so many people ACCUSTOMED to traveling the blight? Doesn't make alot of sense, to me....

Back on topic....

Further, it takes hours to verbally explain the full ramifications of it.

I'm guessing:

1. portals to ones of those other worlds...We learned a good amount about how advanced AOL Aes Sedai were in the early books in terms of traveling to other worlds and so forth....

2. City of people that are raised to be dreadlords/trolloc fodder (during the trolloc wars, masses of dreadlords fought with the trollocs....where did those dreadlords come from? There's no hint 25% of Aes Sedai revealed themselves as Black Ajah back then)....

3. Obviously there's a massive generator of trollocs somewhere. We haven't seen any female trollocs yet, but we know they "spawn" and that ~1 out of 100 spawn as a Myrrdraal. So we still have yet to see where all the Shadows forces are actually created....

Whatever it is it's man-made and did not exist in the age of legends. We know Shayol Ghul was an idyllic getaway. The earth was mapped back then, and we haven't YET heard of any freaky-deaky things that would blow our mind.

Next, we know that people like Lan and others have been in the Mountains of Dhoom, Tarwins Gap, and the Blasted Lands. Or so I'd think....ok, tangent....

In the EotW, Moiraine states that the outcome is all but foretold when trollocs force battle inside the Blight. Ok, fine. But then, why on earth would you have so many people ACCUSTOMED to traveling the blight? Doesn't make alot of sense, to me....

Back on topic....

Further, it takes hours to verbally explain the full ramifications of it.

I'm guessing:

1. portals to ones of those other worlds...We learned a good amount about how advanced AOL Aes Sedai were in the early books in terms of traveling to other worlds and so forth....

2. City of people that are raised to be dreadlords/trolloc fodder (during the trolloc wars, masses of dreadlords fought with the trollocs....where did those dreadlords come from? There's no hint 25% of Aes Sedai revealed themselves as Black Ajah back then)....

3. Obviously there's a massive generator of trollocs somewhere. We haven't seen any female trollocs yet, but we know they "spawn" and that ~1 out of 100 spawn as a Myrrdraal. So we still have yet to see where all the Shadows forces are actually created....

Mountains of Dhoom? Hate to disagree but I really don't recall that. I really don't think that anyone but very few (chosen?) were at the Dhoom. Tarwins Gap is "entrance" to blight so no big deal there.

Moridin's fortress does seem the likely answer.

It cant be.

So yeah, I asked Brandon to elaborate on what the (Blank) was. He smiled and chuckled, but he did not RAFO me. Instead, he commented about how Wilson has much more liberty in talking about these sorts of things than Brandon does, due to Brandon’s contract, and said that he’d heard that story four times, from Harriet, Wilson, Alan, and Maria, usually with the tack on of how they had to run out and buy a tape recorder at midnight. BUT, he did say that while the (Blank) would not be revealed this book, it would be alluded to much more.

The Fortress has already been revealed.

Personally I am not sure what it is.

But I doubt it is a trolloc city. It sounds stupid, and i would be disappointed if thats what it is. Really, who cares about a trolloc city. It would make little difference to the story.

It isnt a "dragon" either. There are no dragons in the WoT. Rj has said it. (If you want the quote, go to theoryland quote database.)

A Great Serpent is a possibility. Not sure how that would work though. Why would it be in the blight? Why would it exist in the first place, if it is the Wheel (or a part of it). It seems like it would be more a metaphorical thing, not an actual bloody snake. But then, we have the Serpent Rings of AS. That had to have come from somewhere, I dont think they would just conjure up a Serpent for no reason. So it could explain it, but i find it difficult to believe.

We know that there are Waygates in the Blight, so it cant be that.

Portal Stones seem likely. Ive heard theories regarding this and how trollocs are about in such great numbers. But then, would that really fit in? It wouldnt be such big reveal. Look at the actual wording of the OP. It seems like it is such big deal. Plus, there would most likely be more than one.

Stasis box is possible. Although again, I dont see why that would make that big a deal. Wow, its a stasis box, thats nice. Remember he didnt (at that point) even tell Harriet about it. It is something big. A stasis box wouldnt fit that. If it was something that was IN the stasis box, well thats another story, but not the box itself.

A fusion reactor? Not sure if its a joke... but I suppose you cant DISPROVE it. SO... ??? Could be. But really?

Anyway, people you have got to look at what the OP says and how its written before spurting out random ideas. Look at the way it is told. RJ had kept it a secret from Harriet. He had told (I assume) absolutely noone up to this point. He then goes on and explains the significance of it in detail. It was a "magical" night (of explaination). This is something huge guys, come on. Think. A trolloc city? Stasis box? Really, lets think properly here.

Personally, as I said, I have no idea. It will be something big, crucial to the story. the only suggestion that fits that so far is the Great Serpent. But i am not sure.

Anyway, guess we will find out soon enough, an interesting concept, im excited.

Some sort of secret stronghold of the Age of Legends? Like heavily warded, with people living it--a sanctuary made during the Breaking that held out all this time?

Mmm, thaat would be pretty cool. Not sure how it would fit into the last books though, with virtually no mention. Id like to see it though. Have some awesome AS that had kept the AoL knowledge and all.

Some sort of secret stronghold of the Age of Legends? Like heavily warded, with people living it--a sanctuary made during the Breaking that held out all this time?

Mmm, thaat would be pretty cool. Not sure how it would fit into the last books though, with virtually no mention. Id like to see it though. Have some awesome AS that had kept the AoL knowledge and all.

I just want to see a modern Aes Sedai meet an Age of Legends Aes Sedai (without all the evil Forsaken stuff).

Modern Aes Sedai: Welcome, Sister.

AoL Aes Sedai: Who you calling sister, criminal?

We know the Dark One can play games with reality around the areas where his power is strongest.

My belief is that "black" is an area in the Blight where the world-sphere begins to endlessly curl on itself. Would be one hell of a cool paradox: a bounded territory, but one that spreads out endlessly. Allowing for a near endless supply of Trollocs (in practice they'd be limited by the distance they can travel).

I don't see how it can be a Portal Stone or a ter'greal that connects to other Worlds. The former would require lots of skilled channelers with arcane knowledge of the Stones, which was rare even in the AoL. The latter wouldn't exist for the simple fact that even Portal Stones were little understood in the AoL, and it looks highly unlikely that someone would have been able to create a ter'greal that mimics their function.

My guess is a Choedan Kal that uses True Power (or is it One Power, get them mixed up sometimes) rather than saidin/saidar

Or

It's the darker version of BT/WT

The Dreadlord 'Tower' must exist somewhere (or several wheres) so this seems very plausible.

The Choedan Kal thing less so.

It cant be.

So yeah, I asked Brandon to elaborate on what the (Blank) was. He smiled and chuckled, but he did not RAFO me. Instead, he commented about how Wilson has much more liberty in talking about these sorts of things than Brandon does, due to Brandon’s contract, and said that he’d heard that story four times, from Harriet, Wilson, Alan, and Maria, usually with the tack on of how they had to run out and buy a tape recorder at midnight. BUT, he did say that while the (Blank) would not be revealed this book, it would be alluded to much more.

Erm, RJ was alive at the time he said all that... that was way before Moridins fortress was even shown to us... Clearly when this little speach between RJ and whoever it was was a long time ago. Like, long enough for the Fortress to be important, seeing as we dont even know its importance yet. The fact that the Fortress has been revealed now means nothing.

It cant be.

Erm, RJ was alive at the time he said all that... that was way before Moridins fortress was even shown to us... Clearly when this little speach between RJ and whoever it was was a long time ago. Like, long enough for the Fortress to be important, seeing as we dont even know its importance yet. The fact that the Fortress has been revealed now means nothing.

Seems you did not read the OP.

Note that it says, I asked Brandon to elaborate

The second part is brandon talking.

My guess is a Choedan Kal that uses True Power (or is it One Power, get them mixed up sometimes) rather than saidin/saidar

Or

It's the darker version of BT/WT

The Dreadlord 'Tower' must exist somewhere (or several wheres) so this seems very plausible.

The Choedan Kal thing less so.

To me, the Dreadlord Tower is pretty much a given at this point. Little or no surprise factor, which the (blank) post seems have a surprise factor to based on reactions. On that basis, I'm gonna rule it out as what (blank) really is. I definately believe there is one, but I don't think that's what was being talked about. That being said, a TP Choedan Kal would have more surprise factor. So on that alone, I'm sticking with TP Choedan Kal. Just a little fun thought on my part, but for all we know (assuming I'm right) Callandor could be the "little man/woman statue". THat'd be a cool twist, however doubtful.

On the other hand, it doesn't have to be something that can be beneficial to the DO specifically. Perhaps a Stedding. Or to to contradict what I just said...a "dark" stedding...whatever that is.

Another eye of the world :) I mean, there's gotta be two right.

I'm going to throw out there on all of this that there have been dozens of borderlanders and Ogier who have traveled to the Green Man (supposedly up in the Mountains of Dhoom for everyone who ever returned from the trip) and made it back to the tell the story.

Men know of Tha'kandar, of the types of shadowspawn in the mountains of dhoom.

Now, one thing I'll say that I find interesting in this is the book of translation. Where was that in the first 10 books? Not a hint, in my mind.

It speaks of portals and other worlds.

the problem with most of these ideas is that it hasn't been hinted at before.

If someone can find me even a vague hint of there being a library / Finn Portal / TP CK / <insert most of the ideas from this thread here> then I'll find it plausible. AS it is, there is no evidence for many of these, thus they are ruled out.

Archived