1. 1. Please don't embarrass me.

• Just dance by Lady Gaga
    • The Power by Snap!
    • Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer
    • The Tower by Bruce Dikinson
    • "Mysterious Ways" by U2
    • "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler
    • Indestructible by Disturbed

The Shaido. Big time. I really like the Aiel, and can see how their traditions have made them who they are. The Shaido seem to have gone to "hell in a hand basket", to quote RJ. Their whole society is imploding. All tradition thrown to the wind. How some one as fierce as Thereva could have let this go on for so long is too much. If they end up as the remnant of a remnant of the Aiel I'm just going to be sick over it.

And Sevanna, I hope she ends up more miserable than Galina, if that is possible.

I get sick and tired of Egwene always brow-beating Rand and telling him how he's such a fool and that his head is swollen with arrogance. All she does is point out other peoples' flaws and never looks at herself. She always thinks she's right and that the men, of course, are always wrong. She thinks she knows everything and that her palns will solve everything, when, in truth, she is the most selfish and arrogant of the major women characters. She is a complete hypocrite and it flat out gets on my nerves, I wish Rand or somebody else would just put her in her place.

I really don't like Elaida. For all she has done to Rand when she captured him, and her thinking she is the best out there. That and her taking down Siuan. She really reminds me a lot of Cersei in ASoIaF.

Now I know this is supposed to be about characters you hate, but I think Elaida needs payback. I think that the ultimate payback would be to have her be bonded by an Ashaman. Then she would have to help bring down the evil Ashaman. The Ashaman who bonds her would then force her to work a penance out at the Black Tower.

I don't like Min, because even though Rand loves her and Aviendha and Elayne all "equally" he can send them away but not Min. So much for loving them all the same.

I think it's more that Elayne and Aviendha were more willing to be sent away than Min was. Elayne had a throne to win and a country to secure, and Aviendha liked Elayne's company, seeing as they had recently become sisters. Rand never sent Elayne away from any place. All he had to do was avoid going where she was: easy enough, since he never had any business to take care of in those places. And, in any case, he spent several books convinced that she hated him and never wanted to see him again. With Aviendha, he only sent her away once, in LoC. But remember that at that time, she'd been telling Rand that there would never be anything between them again, and for her part, she needed to talk to Elayne about her "betrayal," so she was willing to leave. After that, all Rand had to do was avoid going where she was, same as with Elayne.

But with Min, she did not really have big responsibilities before she met Rand, and she followed him around everywhere, so she was difficult to get away from. She made her feelings plain from the beginning, even if it took Rand a while to figure it out.

It's easier to resist something when you avoid it, rather than when it is right in front of you.

Egwene and Nynaeve. Actually most of the female characters!

I disliked both of them from the beginning and then Nynaeve had to go and 'develop' affection for Lan. Maybe I wouldn't be so opposed to the relationship if it hadn't been just dropped on me.

i think each character serves the purpose s/he was created for very well.

Elaida drove me nuts until she demoted Alvi, then i had a little more faith in her for standing up for herself. She is still disillusioned, but that does not make me hate her.

Egwene (eg-wain) was like a pimple that needed to be popped. Which by being captured i think her high and mighty bubble did pop and she is growing into a leadership role quite well.

Berelain is fiesty. I like her. Faile is a manipulating snot. She irks me to no end. Nope, nothing that I can think of redeems her to me. I know it's not Perrin's "type" but I would have loved to see him hook up with berelain just for her oh-so-sexy and confident attitude being the exact opposite of what Perrin is like.

So many characters to pick apart. So little desire to spend time doing it.

I think most of the female characters are exasperating but they mellow for various reasons, Elayne because of babies, Nyneave marriage and Gawayn will be good for Egwene but she needs her head deflated first, Bryne would be good for Siuan if she admitted she loves him.

As for the men sometimes they are exasperating to especially Mat, not accepting his destiny and Ishamael/Moridin is hilarious.

Actually I think Mat rawks. I mean, he has the most irritating women with him (Tuon, Setalle, Selucia, the Illuminator person, etc) yet he manages to take it in his stride. I can't blame him for his denial of fate, I mean, I wouldn't want to be one of the most important persons in the world who, besides being the greatest general ever, is the only one who can use the most powerful weapon which just might win TG.

Rand is fine. Stupid, but fine, considering the pain and pressure he has to undergo.

Perrin is just stupid. He has a neat wolf ability and the potential to do great justice, but what does he do? Chases after his useless, idiotic wife.

And, like I said earlier. I think all those "sniffing" women would just die horrible deaths. True, some of them like Nynaeve and Egwene are mellowing (finally), but I hate them nonetheless. Maybe it has to do with being a guy. I don't know.

Oh yes... Elaida needs a new special kind of Stilling. One where she can sense the One Power and can embrace it, but only for a fleeting moment before it's gone again and only be able to do that like once a month or Year. Never long enough to channel... just long enough to remind her of the sweetness and joy it CAN fill her with, but that she can't have anymore.

THAT and being put through the Aes Sedai Test once a week to be able to keep THAT ability (which she'd be willing to do out of desperation)... and After all THAT... never being raised to more than Novice, but without being able to channel, all the other Novices would look down on her too.

That would be some just deserts. Killing and Stilling... too quick and painless... Let her wallow in desperation, misery and humble servitude for the rest of her life.

I hate that biatch... can you tell? :evil:

Jeez - that's just what women do. I don't understand why everyone thinks they're all horrible b*tches.

Personally, I've known women a lot more annoying than the ladies of WOT.

I actually admire Egwene for her patience, Faile isn't annoying, she's just Saldean, and Nynaeve's temper is funny. Min is pretty brave to stick with Rand, being among a load of channelers and dangerous situations. Cadsuane is slightly annoying, but Rand needs a kick in the head.

I hate Elaida, though, because she's a loony, and a tyrant.

Actually I think Mat rawks. I mean' date=' he has the most irritating women with him (Tuon, Setalle, Selucia, the Illuminator person, etc) yet he manages to take it in his stride. I can't blame him for his denial of fate, I mean, I wouldn't want to be one of the most important persons in the world who, besides being the greatest general ever, is the only one who can use the most powerful weapon which just might win TG.

Rand is fine. Stupid, but fine, considering the pain and pressure he has to undergo.

Perrin is just stupid. He has a neat wolf ability and the potential to do great justice, but what does he do? Chases after his useless, idiotic wife.

And, like I said earlier. I think all those "sniffing" women would just die horrible deaths. True, some of them like Nynaeve and Egwene are mellowing (finally), but I hate them nonetheless. Maybe it has to do with being a guy. I don't know.[/quote']

----------------------------------

Lol! That was a great response.

I wasn't too worried with anyone untill 'Crossroads of Twighlight'. Jesuusss, by the end of that book i found myself really disliking egwene and elayne. Especially elayne.

Not only is she too stupid and proud to get rands help to secure the throne (a thing she could achieve in 5 mins if she just asked), but we have to go along for the ride for 300 pages while she umms and ahhs, chooses her dresses and achieves nothing. Just a silly little girl honestly.

And egwene is similiar in that we have to follow her for about 300 pages as well while she dithers and and tries to be strategic (that turns out well). She's quite ignorant of whats really going on around her in many respects, and she achives little. Utterly frustrating.

It was all good untill that book, im not sure why Jordan painted them that way and took their characters to those extremes.

Most certainly Perrin and Faile. They're so boring when they're together and so annoying when they're separated. I don't find any useful or interesting treat in Perrin's character, he's just a decoration in the books. Faile is strange, to say the least. Usually I like strange, understand different, characters but she's just acting/being stupid. Faile wants to be weak in front of Perrin but at the same time she doesn't let him breath without her permission. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Egwene and Elyane migth bwe my least fav chars

they seem to arrogant for my tast

at times i also think they pushe Mat and Rand inn to doing some stuff he really does not want to do, and if i don`t remember incorrectly supposedly they were not going to be very responisve to that kind of treathment but it still seem like they tend to let them selfs be bullied to muche havent read all the books so this migth chnage reading book 7 atm

i also feel that the chars (all of them not only Egwene and Elyane) often do have problems that cuolde be easyly solved if they did talk to each oter but instead they tend to try to walk around the problems.

but this migth be cause i like saying what i think and well come what may :)

and for the person who think it is strange that only the male mages go mad i actually like that a lot, it gives the oppertunety to inclued some stronge female chars even if i don`t like all of them :)

and yeah i also think Rand shud have killed ahh man can`t remeber har name the green sister who bonded him. but then i like heroes that does do some pretty mean things at times

Archived