DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heavy Metal?

Talmanes

I doubt anyone is going to know what I'm talking about, but it's weird seeing Arthur Brown on a metal chart. The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown had no guitar players... They were a keyboard/bass/drums band. Probably Arthur's influence vocally and the fact that he started the whole shock rock thing. (Yes, Alice Cooper actually got some of his make-up designs from Arthur.) He is totally underrated and has quite a set of pipes on him. I really reccommend everyone check out some of his stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hs3IDETcg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to Maj's link, and, I gotta say, the sound wasn't anything off beat (to me). Didn't pay attention to the lyrics since I am working, but... There wasn't really anything that made it stand out.

I am amused at some of the things considered metal on that list. I understand it more like a rock roots chart, I think.

Popular music in the US is music where the "musicians" don't actually make their own music or write most of their songs. They have everything synthesized and crap. It tends to be a mixture of rap, guys who croon to the girls only crowd and bubbley, scantily clad girls who use voice synthesizers to even sound half decent. Or at least, that's my pov.

Haven't seen this thread before. I grew up in the '80s, so some of my bands are from then. Some of them might not qualify as 'metal' per se, but some of it seemed pretty hard to me  ;D. Metallica through the Black album, Slayer esp South of Heaven, Suicidal Tendencies, Skid Row Monkey Business, QueensRyche, Savatage, Pantera, Godsmack, some Motley Crue, a few Poison songs, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Disturbed, some Papa Roach, Danzig, and more but I'm too lazy to list them.

Hello :) a long time metal head here.

Grew up with metal and into most sub genres of it. Though I have several favorites of course. Blind Guardian, Shadow Gallery, Evergrey are some. Though my archive has all kinds of stuff, from Suffocation to Bon Jovi.

I am also a singer in a professional metal band :D

hhhmmm, metal, my third fav genre. to clarify before i give my faves,heavy metal to me is that sound of the working classes breaking out artistically. so stuff like black sabbath, motorhead, saxon etc. i do enjoy many of the other flavours tho, except nu-metal(lookin at you linkin park fans here), and most rap-metal(except Rage against the machine, they had a message people, take heed!), overall though id prefer the heavier stuff, like at the gates, dimmu borgir, tidfall, alestorm(a mug of the captains finest to the earlier poster) etc. i like old nightwish, the new girl cant sing for- well you get the idea, saw her live and it actually looked painfull for her attempting the notes. have a thing for alternative as well, what with smashing pumpkins, rasputina, and some other crazies lol. im more into psychodelia though, pink floyd, hawkwind, any warhole did some sound scapes IIRC. but ive taken enough of your time...

Hello :) a long time metal head here.

Grew up with metal and into most sub genres of it. Though I have several favorites of course. Blind Guardian, Shadow Gallery, Evergrey are some. Though my archive has all kinds of stuff, from Suffocation to Bon Jovi.

I am also a singer in a professional metal band :D

Cool. Which One?  Myspace page?

Archived