DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I have a big, big secret...

Canukistani

I don't actually like any of the Star Wars movies that have come out in the last 15yrs.  When ever i watch one i feel like Lucas used hot special effects to drive the plot line.  A plot line that feels like it came out of a piece of sci-fi pulp fiction.

They all feel...cheap and filled with cliches and predictable dialogue.

I like number 1 for nostalgic reasons, what with it being the first star wars movie I relly saw, and in a theatre no less, I hate number 2, because it's made from shit and anakin is a whining little bitch in it, I rather enjoy number 3, as I find it pleasing

I don't actually like any of the Star Wars movies that have come out in the last 15yrs.  When ever i watch one i feel like Lucas used hot special effects to drive the plot line.  A plot line that feels like it came out of a piece of sci-fi pulp fiction.

So you don't like any Star Wars movies that have come out since 1994? Not much of a secret. I think that if you are able to spell and formulate thoughts, most people will just assume you didn't like those movie. ;D

I actually rather enjoyed Episode 1.  It was slow in parts, and Jar Jar Binks was terrible, but I loved Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, the Droid Army, and Natalie Portman (HOT!!).

Episode 2 war pure CGI and while I enjoyed certain, select aspects such as the Jedi Arena Scene, the proton torpedoes, and Camino, overall it was the worst of the series. 

Episode 3 was good once Anakin started turning evil.  The fight scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan was great; the one scene I believed Hayden Christensen in was the rage when Obi-Wan defeated him.

I didn't hate everything about the last three movies, so here's a short list

Liked:

+Pretty

+Lightsaber Fights

+Ewan McGreggor

+Mace Windu

(and even though it got cheesy, I did enjoy Yoda fighting)

Disliked:

-Everything Else (Anakin was a whiny 'lil s.o.b wasn't he?)

I LOVE YODA!!!!

Probably just because he is green, short and awesome!

Anakin cried to much.

But still, I tend not to criticize movies or books too much...

So, meh.

Canuk, I would have to argue that most movies are not new, just remakes or spin-offs or elaborate twists of old movies or ideas.

You know, I tend to agree with your thoughts here, but the characters in the three original movies were archetypes ripped straight from mythology. The princess, the rogue, the trickster, the farmboy, etc. But somehow they didn't feel cliched. Or maybe I was six years old in 1976.

Archived