DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

No, not stated by a character. It was all just speculation and I believe a RAFO until Flinn healed the Sisters I mentioned to their full strength at which time it was confirmed by RJ in his blog I think around the KoD release.

Thank you very much Finnssss for answering my simple question with a simple answer. I was under the impression that not every fan remembered every word of every book & certainly most(like me) had never even thought to read his blog or check his interviews. I thought that if they did, there would be no need for this thread to exist & Luckers knew that when he created it.

Tuon surviving AMoL, doing an outrigger with Mat and then being assassinated before she signs off an agreement with the Aiel are none of them mutually incompatible.

I also got the impression that there was no big deal to using the rings - the 'knives just put them on.

They fall into the category of ter'angreal that can be used by anyone (meaning non-channelers).

Also given the outcome for the user, more likely to have been created by DF during the AoL than by any Lightsider?

I also got the impression that there was no big deal to using the rings - the 'knives just put them on.

You have to put a drop of your blood on it while wearing it to activate it. Not something he's likely to do by accident. (Though admittedly it's possible. Just saying - it's not that simple.)

Edited by Terez

You have to put a drop of your blood on it while wearing it to activate it. Not something he's likely to do by accident. (Though admittedly it's possible. Just saying - it's not that simple.)

"Bloodrings", "Bloodknives" "Ter'angreal that leads to their blood killing them " - he already has quite a few clues.

No, not stated by a character. It was all just speculation and I believe a RAFO until Flinn healed the Sisters I mentioned to their full strength at which time it was confirmed by RJ in his blog I think around the KoD release.

Thank you very much Finnssss for answering my simple question with a simple answer. I was under the impression that not every fan remembered every word of every book & certainly most(like me) had never even thought to read his blog or check his interviews. I thought that if they did, there would be no need for this thread to exist & Luckers knew that when he created it.

But have the characters figured this out yet?

But have the characters figured this out yet?

Nynaeve should have a clue after hearing about what Flinn did but alas, as we all know, she is more about emotion than intelligence and with everything going on, I don't think she has put it together yet.

Flinn may have a clue too, if he and Nynaeve actually talked about it.

Edited by Finnssss

Did a search on this, so sorry if it was already asked. I also checked back 60-70 pages in this thread and didnt see it...

In CoT, Bashere's wife is attacked by two men and she beats them off, and then Bashere arrives on scene and at the end of the PoV, he turns to his Leuitenant and says something like "You know how to find the man i talked to yesterday? Let him know there'll be more than two"

What was that about? Who is he talking about?

Did a search on this, so sorry if it was already asked. I also checked back 60-70 pages in this thread and didnt see it...

In CoT, Bashere's wife is attacked by two men and she beats them off, and then Bashere arrives on scene and at the end of the PoV, he turns to his Leuitenant and says something like "You know how to find the man i talked to yesterday? Let him know there'll be more than two"

What was that about? Who is he talking about?

Logain and then to find Rand.

They track Rand down with the help of the left behind Warders of the AS with Rand.

Edited by Finnssss

Does anyone know for certain what percentage of Ashaman are still in the Tower verse what Rand has under his command in the field?

&

Can someone remind me in ToM what was up with Gawyn's message about facing the bloodknives not reaching Egwene? Did it have anything to do with the kin member holding the gateway that snapped closed on his heel?

Considering Logain's report in KoD (or CoT, can't remember), at most half of the total ashaman are still in the BT. With TG going there's no reason for Rand to send those out of the BT back there.

I saw Terez mention in another thread...

That was before Semirhage. We don't know how many he took back to the Black Tower, but it was a lot of them, and he seems to have left most of them there. No indication of how many are still in the field.

So taking this into account do we know how many Ashaman in the BT(and possibly Taim's influence) verse in the field with Rand?

Well, as she said, we really don't. You could count how many were given to Rodel (those are probably still with Rand, although again we can't be sure), but that's a small number anyways. The rest could be anywhere (beside those specifically mentioned as being with Rand, or Bonded to Cads's AS).

One would think, though, that if less than half remained in the BT, we would've heard the orders responsible, considering that Rand told Naeff he wasn't ready to poke Taim just yet.

Well, as she said, we really don't. You could count how many were given to Rodel (those are probably still with Rand, although again we can't be sure), but that's a small number anyways. The rest could be anywhere (beside those specifically mentioned as being with Rand, or Bonded to Cads's AS).

One would think, though, that if less than half remained in the BT, we would've heard the orders responsible, considering that Rand told Naeff he wasn't ready to poke Taim just yet.

As I mentioned in the other thread though, where did the ones Rand assigned to Rodel come from?

Rand hasn't had any contact with Logain after meeting Rodel and Rand hasn't been to the BT himself either sooo?.

I think they are the ones that were assigned to Bandar Eban and if so then the ones assigned to Illian are prolly still there.

Edited by Finnssss

Yeah, the 'almost half of the Black Tower' is probably still mostly deployed. It's Logain's inner circle we're not so sure about, the ones that forcibly bonded the Aes Sedai - he seems to have taken most of those back to the Black Tower and left them there.

I'm pretty sure Taim reported to have a little over 400 men in the BT in training, minus the "training losses. But I can't remember when this is. Then Rand gave 50 to Ituralde to "Guard" the Blight in Saldea. He also took 50 with him in the Offensive against the Seanchan, minus Battle losses. I don't about those that are supposedly stationed in Illain, I don;t remember reading about them.

+ 400 (Taim's report on BT numbers)

- 50 (with Ituralde)

- 15 to 30 (losses in the Seanchan Offensive)

- ?? (made into messengers in Illian, Tear and Cairhein)

+ ??? (additional recruits)

- ?? (more training losses)

Guest bflemins

Hi there Ive just found this site and been reading alot on here things I forgot about the books. Its great to read everyones different take on things

I do have a question about what Ishmael did to Jain Farstrider/Noal when he went to the blight.

Is there any solid answer/theory of who killed Asmodean? I'm pretty sure he was killed to make way for Taim, but who killed him is in question. I've recently re-read the series and I'm thinking that maybe he wasn't killed by the one power cause he just left avi and rand was just up on the second floor, so she or he would feel is someone channel or maybe no...?

when did Ishamel wake up in randland?

He was active around fifteen years prior to the beginning of the story. (He physically and personally forced Jarna Milari, the then head of the Black Ajah, into the ter'angreal that killed her in punishment for ordering the death of the Amyrlin, Tamra Ospenya, and for ordering the Black Ajah's Dragon Hunt, and then he hand picked Alviarin to replace her)

By his appearence in tEotW he seemingly lost some of his freedom (his flickering appearence outside Shadar Logoth) (it occurred to varying degrees throughout the last three thousand years, as stated by the BWB), but had regained most of it by the end of tEotW.

is there a link to this theory?

sounds really cool

Sorry, closest I can come up with is [The World Of Robert Jordan - The Wheel Of Time - 52] detailing an entry by Aran son of Malan son of Senar. Because it is in the Guide, it can be assumed to be fact, not a theory.

when did Ishamel wake up in randland?

Though it is believed by scholars that he wakes up periodically for 40(?) Years at a time since the sealing. This is how he influenced the prophecies of both continents

is there a link to this theory?

sounds really cool

Sorry, closest I can come up with is [The World Of Robert Jordan - The Wheel Of Time - 52] detailing an entry by Aran son of Malan son of Senar. Because it is in the Guide, it can be assumed to be fact, not a theory.

is that page 52 and is it the big white book? if so, i have it