DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

This is more of a curiosity thing but is there a list somewhere of the known strongest channelers at the moment? I know the Forsaken are going to rank near the top as well as Nynaeve, Alivia, Egwene, Avi, Elayne,Logain, Taim, Rand, etc. but I wanted to know if someone had made a loosely based list based on the information from the books. I'm sure it is nothing definitive since there's no number system but I was curious to see if anyone did some work to see a rough chart on who the strongest channelers are.

Anyone know? ;3

Check out 13depository.blogspot.com. There's a comparison for women (at least, not sure if the men are compared) divided into 20 odd levels!

It's in there somewhere. Somewhere.

My question is : What happened to Demiandre's TP channeling plants? :biggrin:

Oh wow, thanks. I didn't know that list existed. Appreciate it!

Edited by Maji

If you knew! The soil they are growing in is a Blight, buds are burning in a blazing furnace, like caverns of fire, leaves are now black and red, and the whole plant is playing sha'rah while muttering about "poking holes".

A real nightmare!

Edited by Demiandre

My previous questions rephrased::

If Moridin turned to the Light side...

...what would the Dark One do to him (or order about him)?

...what would the Dark One order about Moghedien & Cyndane and about the respective mindtraps?

in CoS Mat has a flashback when he meets Birgitte and recognizes her for the first time. "Mikel of the Pure Heart, and Shivan the Hunter behind his black mask. He was said to herald the end of Ages, the destruction of what had been and the birth of what was to be, he and his sister Calian, called the Chooser, who rode red-masked at his side." I was wondering if RJ said anything about if they will be in the books or if we have already met them.

Is Aviendha a darkfriend? Is there a developed theory for/against this?

Just re-reading books and wondered this while reading her response to the dull dagger ter'angreal:

"Aviendha found a dagger with gold wire wrapped around a hilt of rough deer-horn; the blade was dull, and by all evidence, always had been. She kept turning that over and over in her fingers—her hands actually began to tremble—until Elayne took it away from her and put it with the others on the cistern’s lid. Even then Aviendha stood for a time, looking at it and licking her lips as though they had gone dry."

When you discover what this does (two books later...it conceals holder from view of dark/shadow), this response seems pretty suspect, no?

Can anyone direct me to the theory for/against this?

Edited by knaker

A fairly universal quote in Randland is:

The Dark One and all of the Forsaken are bound in Shayol Ghul, beyond the Great Blight, bound by the Creator at the moment of Creation, bound until the end of time. The hand of the Creator shelters the world, and the Light shines on us all.

I'm wondering, did nobody ever think through this saying? The War of Power is also universally known (which involved the Forsaken and the DO) so why would they think up such a stupid phrase?

The Dark One and all of the Forsaken are bound in Shayol Ghul, beyond the Great Blight, bound by the Creator at the moment of Creation, bound until the end of time. The hand of the Creator shelters the world, and the Light shines on us all.

I'm wondering, did nobody ever think through this saying? The War of Power is also universally known (which involved the Forsaken and the DO) so why would they think up such a stupid phrase?

I think its more of a prayer to ward off evil then anything. And when you pray why not pray for the best

I think its more of a prayer to ward off evil then anything. And when you pray why not pray for the best

I understand the prayer part but it's the part where they state a fact they know is incorrect that bugs me.

It's like a Christian saying a prayer that says Jesus never died and you hope he comes to save your soul. While the Christian does hope he'll save their soul, they know he died so why say he didn't?

Why, when Lews therin was sealing the bore, did 13 forsaken attack? lews therin had 100 strong channelers at his back, so they must have known they were going to lose. why not just run away?

well they would have been near shayol ghul so running would have lowered their standing with the DO and might be seen as a act of treason, etc

Why, when Lews therin was sealing the bore, did 13 forsaken attack? lews therin had 100 strong channelers at his back, so they must have known they were going to lose. why not just run away?

they didn't attack, they were meeting with the DO there and were caught by surprise and trapped within the sealing process. (most of them anyway)

My previous questions rephrased::

If Moridin turned to the Light side...

...what would the Dark One do to him (or order about him)?

...what would the Dark One order about Moghedien & Cyndane and about the respective mindtraps?

I don't think anyone here can answer that. Only Brandon and Team Jordan would have a clue.(I would think) The Forsaken have sworn oaths, and I don't think it is easy for them to turn to the Light, but if Moridin manages to do so (it would be even tougher for him since he's on TP), why, the DO would whoop his ass (SH becomes Hitman). Then make him Elayne's maid. Or Faile's. :biggrin: Probably Moridin will die the final death. The cour'souvra will go to the next candidate for Na'eblis - Bela.

Catechism. What a bummer,

It obviously refers to the DO being bound for all time, but the common folk add the Forsaken to it because Martin Luther isn't born yet. :biggrin:

Is Aviendha a darkfriend? Is there a developed theory for/against this?

Just re-reading books and wondered this while reading her response to the dull dagger ter'angreal:

"Aviendha found a dagger with gold wire wrapped around a hilt of rough deer-horn; the blade was dull, and by all evidence, always had been. She kept turning that over and over in her fingers—her hands actually began to tremble—until Elayne took it away from her and put it with the others on the cistern’s lid. Even then Aviendha stood for a time, looking at it and licking her lips as though they had gone dry."

When you discover what this does (two books later...it conceals holder from view of dark/shadow), this response seems pretty suspect, no?

Can anyone direct me to the theory for/against this?

it is very unlikely that she is a darkfriend:

1. you dagger theorie: why reveal what it does to elayne later and even give her the thing ?

2. she truely feels love for rand and elayne (confirmed through bond thingy); and a DF could not LOVE someone else but themselves; (thats no rule but common sense)

3. we have some nice POVs of her and they indicate very strongly that she is a light friend (O.K.: not the one about killing rand, but then... she is aiel, yes?)

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is mentioned or not, sorry if so.

Just started reading New Spring. In it, Moiraine mentions a tingle when Siuan channels. Is it seen else where? Like Eqwene and Elayne (for Moiraine says it is unusual)?. Also, does it have any significance or was it included just to show how close these two were?

Regards

Aparna

afaik there has been no other mention of this phenomenon, and (until now) it had no significance.

there are people out there who say that cyndane is a soul blend of lanfear and moirain and suan will lern this when cyndane is channeling near her, at that moment mat will come there and have some vital information brought back form the ToG how to split them up again !

(yes im not jokeing, ;p)

:biggrin:

i hope not. i dislike cyndane. she doesn't even have power (or extreme beauty or arrogance) like lanfear :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Wasn't New Springs written after Path of Daggers? I wonder why RJ gave so much importance to Moiraine Siuan relationship in that book and not mention anything of it in the actual series.

Regards

Aparna

Edited by Aparna

If you knew! The soil they are growing in is a Blight, buds are burning in a blazing furnace, like caverns of fire, leaves are now black and red, and the whole plant is playing sha'rah while muttering about "poking holes".

A real nightmare!

You could make a killing on e-bay :biggrin:

As an aside, I've wondered about this for some time: in the whole DF Aiel Wise One debate, why does no one suspect Melaine?

A real nightmare!

As an aside, I've wondered about this for some time: in the whole DF Aiel Wise One debate, why does no one suspect Melaine?

a killing on e-bay? don't unerstand...

Who would suspect a pregnant woman?

A real nightmare!

a killing on e-bay? don't unerstand...

Who would suspect a pregnant woman?

Meant you could put your TP channeling plants up for auction, I'm sure you can make lots of money off that. I'd pay to have some!

As for Melaine, maybe it makes me a cynical person, but I think that pregnant lady can be just as evil as anyone else (and it'd be a good disguise). There are fairly compelling reasons to discount almost all the other Dreamwalkers, but I can't think of a single thing that proves Melaine's innocence..

Edited by Ashlyn

I'm sure it is nothing definitive since there's no number system but I was curious to see if anyone did some work to see a rough chart on who the strongest channelers are.

I understand Team Jordan uses a 21-level system.

Moiraine mentions a tingle when Siuan channels. Is it seen else where?

No, it's unique.

I was wondering if RJ said anything about if they will be in the books or if we have already met them.

So far as I know, that's just additional background for the Heroes of the Horn.

Well the Dark One was bound outside the pattern so that much is right. Remember that it has been three thousand years since the breaking so we shouldn't be surprised to find errors like this.

I wonder why RJ gave so much importance to Moiraine Siuan relationship in that book and not mention anything of it in the actual series.

Because they've been working together all along to find the Dragon and save the world. Considering they are almost never in the same place at the same time, we need to know they are close so we can believe they'd stay faithful in their task.

And they themselves mention that they trust each other, but haven't seen each other in a loooong time. They act as if they weren't so close as before, becausr Siuan is Amyrlin, and she risks (risked?) execution because of their task. Moiraine put herself in danger, and she didn't wanted to risk Siuan's life

Guys,

Could anyone post up the scene from KoD (Vows, chapter 19 i think) where nynaeve visits the tavern where the "ex" Malkieri are drinking and makes that speech? Im stuck far away from my books, and want to relive that scene!

Cheers,

Sean

damn... thanks for the reply tho! thought someone would have as a digital copy!

Is this it?:

"My name is Nynaeve ti al'Mera Mandragoran.

The message I want to send is this:

My husband rides from World's End toward Tarwin's Gap,

toward Tarmon Gai'don.

Will he ride alone?"

(I grabbed it from "Impressive Bosom"'s signature)