DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Probably has been asked, but I haven't seen it

Hot_Soup

Mat's seems to me different.  The Aelfinn said that he will die and live again; not that he would need to die.

Robert Jordan told that Mat's has been fulfilled. (hunt for Rahvin in Caemlyn)

Perrin, so far there is not any prophecy telling that it would also happen to him.

Mat is told to die and live again, not that he must die in order to live. Altho I think it is stated that he will die if he doesnt journey to Ruidhean. When it comes to Rand it is a gamble, not a certainty, Mat was promised to die and live again while Rands i more of a guideline of how to survive the last battle, atleast thats how I have interpreted the answer he got.

I really doubt that Perrin will go through a similiar ordeal.

Mat's seems to me different.  The Aelfinn said that he will die and live again; not that he would need to die.

Robert Jordan told that Mat's has been fulfilled. (hunt for Rahvin in Caemlyn)

Perrin, so far there is not any prophecy telling that it would also happen to him.

I always thought that Mats prophecy of dying was when he was hanged in Rhuidean, he hasnt technically died in Caemlyn since that thread was torn apart.

i always thought it meant the hanging in rhuidean as well.

when was Rand told "he had to die to live"?  i thought the only things were the prophecy of "his blood will be shed on the rock of shaygoul"  and min seeing the "two become one" and the seanchan chick helping Rand die.

when was Rand told "he had to die to live"?  i thought the only things were the prophecy of "his blood will be shed on the rock of shaygoul"  and min seeing the "two become one" and the seanchan chick helping Rand die.

It was the second part of the 'finns answer to Rands question how to win TG and survive.

Was he or was he not dead at some time during the attack in Camelyn? He was, but he lived again when Rand Balefired Rahvin. Simple.

Mat was told by the Aelfinn the following:

Go to Rhuidean, die and live again, and live once more a part of what was. - he went to Rhuidean, got hanged, his heart stopped, he was dead, Rand did some CPR and Mat lived again. So this is done already. The last part apparently is about the memories he got there (living once more what was before)

About Rand, his "to die, to live" is most likely concerning the Last Battle and hasn't happen yet. Also somewhere in the prophecies there is a passage saying "twice to live and twice to die".

My bet is he will die and somehow get resurrected. There are enough theories out there for how exactly this will happen.

he was dead, Rand did some CPR and Mat lived again

From the FAQ site::

Since Mat has died twice is he still linked to the Horn of Valere?

First off, according to Robert Jordan, Mat did not die at Rhuidean. He was near death when Rand revived him. The link should have been severed when he died at Caemlyn but did the balefire that brought him back also restore the link? We don't know and Robert Jordan is certainly not answering.

http://www.dragonmount.com/Faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=12&id=37&artlang=en

Edit:

I have not heard of CPR ever being able to revive a dead person.

Mat was told by the Aelfinn the following:

Go to Rhuidean, die and live again, and live once more a part of what was. - he went to Rhuidean, got hanged, his heart stopped, he was dead, Rand did some CPR and Mat lived again. So this is done already. The last part apparently is about the memories he got there (living once more what was before)

About Rand, his "to die, to live" is most likely concerning the Last Battle and hasn't happen yet. Also somewhere in the prophecies there is a passage saying "twice to live and twice to die".

My bet is he will die and somehow get resurrected. There are enough theories out there for how exactly this will happen.

I thinking Rand dies, and only lives again when called by the Horn at the end of the 4th age, along with all the other hero's.

Archived