DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*planning ahead* Christmas Exchange Sign ups!

twinflower

*grins*

That's right everyone..Christmas is just around the corner...a few short weeks away!  Can you believe it? 

In our discussion last month, everyone jumped on board the idea of planning ahead by signing up for the Christmas and Halloween Exchanges early!  This way having more time to shop, easier on the wallet, time to make something and time to get it mailed to your exchange buddy so they actually get thier Christmas gift by Christmas!

Now, we didn't decide on any specific theme, and vetoed the idea of a price limit, since we decided we didn't need one!  *grins*

Sign up for the Christmas Exchange will be open until September 30th!  You will recieve your exchange buddy byOctober 3rd! 

And...keep your eyes open, we have an idea to help you out with getting your special someone just the right thing too with info about thier likes, dislikes and interests!

And don't worry..I will send you a montly PM reminder of who you have, in case you forget!

Sign away!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome, Lor!  *does happy dance*

I am not sure I'll be able to participate this go-round.  We have a lot of expenses coming up for school trips and activities (field trip to space camp in March, plus costs associated with football and band, etc.), plus having to buy Christmas presents for the family. 

*grins*  and thats ok Dar!  Thats why we are doing this early..to give folks a chance to plan ahead!

Who knows..maybe it  will  have an added benefit of all of us looking ahead a bit more at what we having coming up and being a bit more prepared and awre!

Although i did have a thought...sometimes things change for people and someone might find they CAN participate at a later time!  Or new members who want to play......any ideas on how we acn handlethat?

so match up whoever has signed up by the end of september and then leave the thread open for anyone else who finds out they CAN participate until like Thanksgiving..and then match them up..or see if someone wants a second secret santa..*nods*

I think that would work out ok!  Unless there are any objections we will go ahead with that plan!

Thanks mystie!

LOL noted Torrie..no overseas! 

We shipped something to Canada (from Texas) one time and the guy at the shipping place charged us more than 30 dollars.  After the fact we realized he had scammed us and we the next time I had to send something outside of the U.S. (Australia, this time) I used the U.S.P.S. and it cost us about $8.00.

Flat-rate boxes, FTW. :D

or gold bricks or books?  Good god torrie love!  NEVER EVER should you spend that much on any exchange here!  Not in gifts or in the shipping!  ANY OF YOU!  *very stern twinnie look*

The most I have spent in overseas shipping was around sixty dollars to one person..BUT that wasn't an exchange..that was a gift plus an exchange and some other stuff..AND that was a flat rate box!!  LOL  that probably exploded when the person opened it..I packed it so tight!

You know everyone has different preferences..I know Lor swears by UPS and I much more prefer the post office...UPS always seems to cost me more!  No idea why!

LOL Mirsh I am always amazed at sending stuff to Canada!  Sometimes it costs MORE than to say Scotland or Ireland!  One of the things to remember about shipping places..they charge you for thier services!  It isn't JUST the cost of the shipping!  If they pack it, it costs more.  If they address it, it costs more!  If you insure it, it costs more.  There are a lot of "hidden" fees at shipping places.  Also at the post office...depending on what class you send it, have an oversize box, insurance, confirmation...

My simple solution..I basically use a flat rate box, no insurance usually first class!

Maybe I looked into it wrong but I did UPS with my work account and I priced it at the post office. Both places were about the same. It was 2 blankets. I was sending them to one girl and then she sent one of them to another girl.

It was somewhere in Egland but I don't remember where.

aww...blankets.  THEY are expensive to ship!  Well at least crocheted ones are I know!!  They are so heavy..thats why I try my hardest to fit shawls into a flat rate box! LOL!  I remember when I sent Peanut's baby afaghan plus a couple other little things it was almost eighty bucks just from OK to GA!  So that was prolly the right price..also for you was prolly the box dimensions. 

Frankly I think that is a major ripoff..that they charge you for boxes over a certain length width and heighth!  Should be by weight alone.

yeah ursula!!

aww jadey!  I was so hoping with the extra time you would be able to work it out..*sad smile and a big hug* 

remember this will stay open to until dec first if things happen to change for you!  For any of you that don't feel you can be involved right now!  *grins*  We want to give you every opportunity to join in the fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived