DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

two river rebellion

madoc comadrin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What will Elayne do with the two river rebellion, now that she is queen of Andor?

The coronation would need to happen in order for Elayne to be queen.

Two Rivers situation, that I do not consider a rebellion because rebelling seemed not their intent.

One of her POVs told that she planned to send someone to Two Rivers.

I doubt Elayne will have much time to deal with the Two Rivers situation...she seems to have enough on her plate.  But I hope they do address the issue of the Two Rivers raising Manetheren from the dead.  I'd love to see them give Elayne the finger when she tells them that they need to start being good little citizens of Andor and that they should give up the Red Eagle thing.

My thought is that Andor will lose the lands east of Whitebridge to Perrin who will make a new nation of Saldaea and eastern Andor--and quite possible Ghealdean. Western Andor and Cairhein--and possibly part of Murandy, will also join to create a new nation between them, the Seanchan will hold Tenchico, Amadacia and Altara.

Interulde also provides for Arad Domon to take Almoth, but thats about it. Stronger nations to equal the Seanchan foothold, and with Perrin and Elayne's nations standing as a shield between the Seanchan and Tar Valon.

Elayne probably won't like that, but once Perrin claims the Broken Crown (which will happen soon) he will be stronger than she is. With Tarmon Gai'don and joining Cairhien and Andor, by the time she could do anything about it it would be set in stone.

My thought is that Andor will lose the lands east of Whitebridge to Perrin who will make a new nation of Saldaea and eastern Andor--and quite possible Ghealdean. Western Andor and Cairhein--and possibly part of Murandy, will also join to create a new nation between them, the Seanchan will hold Tenchico, Amadacia and Altara.

Thou stoleth my theory  :o

i agree w/ Luckers ;D and Thorum  ;)

but i think in the treaty w/ Seanchan Rand will have to give Almoth Plains to them  :-X

another possibility is if Seanchan get Almoth, Arad Doman might join w/ Perrin's kingdom  ::)

and possibly with Perrin getting Arad, Elayne/Andor get's Murandy and Ghealdean  ( to defend them against Seanchan lol ) ::)

Thou stoleth my theory  :o

Haha, did I? It's a good theory.

no, i doubt it. if we can learn anything from theyre history, it's that one nation can't be too big. it's physicaly impossible to keep control of a map of that zise

no, i doubt it. if we can learn anything from theyre history, it's that one nation can't be too big. it's physicaly impossible to keep control of a map of that zise

Expansion is ruled by the technical capabilities of the society, which has increased in the Wheel. The mere existence of travelling changes the board game so dramatically as to make this pointless. Also their historical decline ocurred in part due to population decline, which is being addressed by the Corenne.

By the way Seanchan control areas of far greater reach--your point about it being impossible is very clearly flawed.

I don't think that Perrin will control that much land. That he will be the king of Saldaea is a given, but I just don't see him being able to control that much land. I think someone else will end up controlling the Two Rivers area but that's just my opinion. Don't ask me who, I can't think that far ahead 

Why, precisely? He is already lord of the Two Rivers and leige of Ghealdean. He will gain the Broken Crown--we know that for a fact. Why do you think he won't control all these lands which are his? Oh, he is humble, it's true, and he wont nessasarly want control--but Tarmon Gai'don makes that his duty.

I just don't think it's possible for him to control that much land. Perhaps if has someone helping to oversee some areas of that massive expanse of land for him he might be able to, but if he doesn't I sincerely doubt he could. Or, he could be a first and actually be able to control it all (not meaning to sound rude, I'm actually agreeing it might be possible). I don't see many people opposing him but at the same time I don't think all those nobles will roll over and let him have what they think is their land by right.

He wouldn't be a first though--the Seanchan control much larger areas of land. The key is infrestructure, and that is already there--Ghealdean and Saldaea both have govermential systems in place. There will be adjustments, but the system is already there.

And which nobles are going to be opposing him. He already had the Two rivers and Ghealdean, and he will have the Broken Crown--the only wild card is the governor of Baerlon, and i don't see him being much of an issue.

I just don't think it's possible for him to control that much land. Perhaps if has someone helping to oversee some areas of that massive expanse of land for him he might be able to, but if he doesn't I sincerely doubt he could.

Perrin has Faile, Berelain, Alliandre, Morgase and Breane Taborwin currently helping him. 5 women with the proper training necessary to rule a nation.

I don't think Perrin will have any problems finding someone that can serve as Gouvernor under him.

I'd strike Berelain's name from that list in the next book considering Faile is back haha. Besides, she'll have to go back to Mayene eventually and good riddance when she does. Alliandre I don't see leaving Ghealdean.. she kind of rules there already haha, but I do see where the whole 'him getting Ghealdean' thing might play out. I would imagine Morgase going back home to be with her lovely daughter and Breane might go back eventually... Ok what I'm trying to say is they won't always be there to govern or oversee anything for much longer.... where's my coffee, I can't coordinate anymore because I'm tired : /

Oh crap I didn't even notice you post Luckers!!! Wow I am special huh? I was more talking about Murandy and you mentioned part of Cairhien as well. Those are the nobles I was talking about. We already know how everyone reacted when Rand took over Cairhien, and Murandy doesn't seem to like people as much as the Cairhien do.

The precedent has already been set for kingdoms holding large swaths of land by the Seanchan currently, as Luckers has pointed out, but also in times past during and prior to the trolloc wars or hell even Hawkwing's kingdom. So I agree that Perrin will bring all of those nations into the fold, but the key thing is for how long will it last? Will it be like Hawkwing and last only the length of his lifetime, or will it be like Manetheren and the such who had a lengthy run but for whom it took a massive war that devestated and broke all the nations (more or less). But personally, yes, I think Perrin will unite all those lands, as will Elayne, and we'll see a return to a continent full of large nations as opposed to several smaller ones.

I'm more interested in will Lan be able to carve out a kingdom in the instance that he in fact survives Tarmon Gaidon and the blight recedes from Malkier, and how Mayenne will do with Galad presumably ruling alongside Berelain (which would make for a very interesting future for the whitecloaks)if Min's vision actually means them marrying and not just her falling for him with a love affair, and also how her interaction with Darlin will play out

I'm so lonely, so lonely, so lonely and sad and alone.... I don't see anyone agreeing with me  :'( haha

I'm more interested in will Lan be able to carve out a kingdom in the instance that he in fact survives Tarmon Gaidon and the blight recedes from Malkier, and how Mayenne will do with Galad presumably ruling alongside Berelain (which would make for a very interesting future for the whitecloaks)if Min's vision actually means them marrying and not just her falling for him with a love affair, and also how her interaction with Darlin will play out

It would be amazing if somehow Malkier were resurrected... happy thoughts ^.^

No ruler directly rules their entire country unless its very small. What you do is appoint Vassals and Stewards to rule certain areas for you,(These people do most of the micromanagment).The Kings and Queens look at the big picture. Its impossible for one person to rule such a huge area, that is why you have nobles who swear allegiance to you and the monarch then in return gives them land to govern. The monarch usually directly governs the captial and any other land they want, occassionally interferring with their vassals to keep them in line and to overturn any policies the monarch disagrees with.

Examples: Perrin will most likely let Alliandre govern Gheadlen in the name of him. Rand had Berelain govern Cairhen in his sted. Dobraine runs Tear for Rand. The ruler of the Seacheans does the same thing. 

Its not complicated people, this is how every feudal soceity has worked. Luckers is right.

Perrin and Elayne are the next thing to strangers. So I doubt the TR problem will go smoothly. It will be intersting to see Briggite talk to Perrin since they did meet on occasion in TAR and she knows Hopper. But in any case I think Rand will have to get involve Since he would never allow one of his best friends to go to war with his preganent lover over ownership of his childhood home.

Its not complicated people, this is how every feudal soceity has worked. Luckers is right.

There's no need to be rude about it, I am entitled to my opinion after all and I have not put anyone down for what they think, only stated I do not agree. I'm not completely clueless, I acknowledged the fact that Governors could be used, did I not? After all, the same principles are still applied in today's government.

Sorry, I just don't see Perrin even thinking about ruling over more land than he has to or wants to... unless Faile beats him up and makes him that it.

Sorry, I just don't see Perrin even thinking about ruling over more land than he has to or wants to... unless Faile beats him up and makes him that it.

aye Faile will be like "damn u Perrin, stop smoking and drinking w/ the stewards. have u put my Kingdom together yet? don't make me put together my kingdom behind your back and make it look like you did it!"  :o

Perrin will be like "huh? wha? i just came out for my after dinner pipe  and an ale and i went from Lord of TR to the King of the Broken Crown? ....grrr  Faile !!!!!!!"

Archived