DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blue/Red Event: BATTLE OF THE BARDS!

Daruya

Welcome to the 1st Annual Battle of the Bards, hosted by the Red and Blue Ajahs!

Your task in this challenge is to compose a poem (or two) about the Ajah of your choice.  If you choose an Ajah other than Red or Blue , you also have to compose one for the Red or Blue Ajah (or both) just because we love our Ajahs so much! LOL! Seriously, you don't really have to do that but we certainly won't complain if you do.  ;D   

We do have some rules for the poetry.  Any form of poetry is welcome but each poem must have a minimum of 5 lines and a maximum of 30.  While we love reading praise of any Ajah, too many 100-line poems would be laborious to go through!  If you work and work and can only get your poem down to 32 lines, let us know and we will consider each such occurrence on a case-by-case basis.  Poem submissions can be posted in the "Battle of the Bards" thread; we just ask “no spamming please!”  If you read a poem you just go wild about, let’s discuss it in a separate thread in the appropriate Ajah quarters.     For example, if someone writes a phenomenal poem about the Yellow Ajah, check with Nyn and if she’s okay with it, bounce on over to the Yellow Ajah and share your excitement there.  We’re not trying to discourage enthusiasm about the poems and Ajahs, just trying to make it easy for the judges so they won’t have to wade through 500 posts to read 20 poems.

Important Update:   While we still ask that everyone follow the “no spamming” rule for this thread, we’d like to give everyone an opportunity to praise the Bards' efforts here on the WT board.  To that end, we have provided the following, gorgeously appointed and quite spacious Bard’s Cottage for discussion and praise of our Bard’s works: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,44878.msg1179123.html#msg1179123

Don't forget: everyone is invited to submit siggies and one winning siggies will be awarded to the Riddle winner and one winning siggie to the Bard winner!  The siggies should correspond to the theme, of course (see current Event siggies on display by Red and Blue Ajah members for theme examples).  The best way to submit these is to save them to an online account (such as photobucket) and send the URL(s) to your submission(s) to Daruya.  When the winners of the challenges are announced, the winning siggies will be posted in the announcement for the winners to access. 

Entries for the Battle of the Bards will close on June 26 and winners will be announced in early July.

So get those thinking caps on and get those bardic compositions flowing!

• Club Leader

I hope I'm supposed to submit it on this thread....

What are the Reds up to?

by LilyElizabeth

The Reds are up to something, I’m telling you true

They drag you in and bite you -  what’s a Novice to do?

You follow along, scared out of your wits

Wondering what in the world will happen next

And then, oh, my! The Phoenix Lounge!

Waiters in kilts and mirrors on the ground ;)

Oh, yes, indeed, I like it here

I’ll stay a while, never fear

What are they up to, you ask, my friend?

I don’t remember. Can I see that waiter again?

Poem submissions can be posted in the "Battle of the Bards" thread; we just ask “no spamming please!”  If you read a poem you just go wild about, let’s discuss it in a separate thread in the appropriate Ajah quarters.     For example, if someone writes a phenomenal poem about the Yellow Ajah, check with Nyn and if she’s okay with it, bounce on over to the Yellow Ajah and share your excitement there.  We’re not trying to discourage enthusiasm about the poems and Ajahs, just trying to make it easy for the judges so they won’t have to wade through 500 posts to read 20 poems.

:D

Here is one for the Red!

Captivated by a woman in red.

So beautiful,

I just can't get her out of my head.

Her thoughts,

They lay over mine, entwined in my mind.

My pulse racing,

Her smile I find, always struck me blind.

Please never leave me,

I swear, my heart doesn't deceive me.

My life for yours,

Despite whatever strife occurs.

It's never been so clear,

That I belong to you, my dear.

Wrapped in a Red shawl,

I place you above it all.

Yes, please do keep the poems coming!  For some reason, I'm only seeing Red in here!  ;D  We need some Blue to match the theme (and organizers) of the event!  ;D

Ode to Blue

The softest shade and coolest hue

Are made up of the color Blue.

And if you're Blue down to your gut

They'll share with you an array of smut.

When your no langer a little tyke

The Blue Ter'angreal may be to your like.

Their biggest cause these days to some

To find the best way to have good fun.

And when the day has reached it's end

Daruya checks on those called friend.

She leads the Blues with iron fist

But, whether we listen?  You get the gist. 

;)

The Ajah of Blue

and Ajah of Red

(I'll tell you quite frankly)

are out of their heads

To mock them as crazy

would in truth be too kind

for they are quite loony

so out of their minds

So utterly nuts

so wondrously insane

that they've gone all the way

round in their brains

And the odd effect

of this long mental travel

is that their reality's

begun to unravel

So when they're their craziest

their most dangerously abnormal

you'll find that they use

grammar most formal

So if you're approached by a Red

or even a Blue

mark my words

know what to do

their laughter is fine

their spam is too

but if they use punctuation

then its time to run away, run!  Run! (ooooh?)

;D

Thank you, Sam!  *furtively checks velvet glove to ensure it's still in place*  What do you mean, though, iron fist!  *mutters* Can't he tell the difference between iron and titanium?

LOL, Kivam!

Keep 'em coming, folks!  Time is running out!  Who will be our Bardic Champion?  It could be you, but only if you enter! :D

Archived