DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Least Favorite Aes Sedai

Well, I saw we had a favorite sister thread, so how about a least favorite sister thread.

ok, I'll start. I never liked Moraine, (although she was pretty cool at some parts) and though I've started to like her better, I still don't like Siuan, but I'd have to say that my least favorite sister is Nynaeve, yes she is cool at some parts, but she is sooo...strongwilled, pigheaded, etc. I wouldn't like to be in Lan's position.

Nynaeve, Elayne and Egwene all have had their annoying moments (the first two moreso), but I too have to pick Elaida as the least fave AS. How blind can a person be to anything that doesn't go the way you want it? She's the epitome of everything that is wrong in the White Tower.

Arette Nenatiar

Brown sister

I often think Elaida is the most realistic character in the series. She's not darkfriend evil, actively working for the Shadow, but she's definitely not on the side of Rand and his buddies. She's a nice example of how you can be "good" but still on the wrong side.

Elza... that little such and such drives me bonkers... of the "main" Aes Sedai though? I'm fond of all of them and their little cranky personality quirks, even Elaida and all her wrong-headedness.

For me, it's between four people. Alanna, Elaida, Alviarin, and Cadsuane. Alanna bonded Rand for no reason at all, Alviarin is Black, Elaida is just evil for someone who wants the White Tower whole again. And Cadsuane, she thinks that because she's legendary that she can get away with things that others wouldn't get away with.

This one is much harder for me than choosing my favorite Sedai. Cadsuane is my problem. I both love and hate her. I think she does portray the ultimate Aes Sedai in her control of herself, of others, and of the situations around her. I respect her for that and enjoy reading about her character for that. However, there are certainly times I sympathize with the people around her and just want to smack her silly. I guess my issue is that she portrays Aes Sedai just as I think they should be, but that type person would be very hard to live with!

I'll admit that most of the others I don't like are known blacks, with the foremost hated being Delana. I'd have more respect for her if she were actually good at being evil.

Alviarin. I so hate her, she's annoying, dumb, dull, boring and thinks herself superior to all other people. She's an absolutely awful character.

I didn't like Moiraine in the beginning, but now when she disappeared I started liking her, lol.

I didn't like Moiraine for the first three books, but she's one of my favorite characters now.

I think my least favorite of the non-Black AS is Egwene. She was an alright character in the beginning, but she increasingly gets on my nerves. I don't like how willing she was to spy on her friends's dreams in T'A'R. She may have felt guilty about seeing what she did in Avienda's, but it really gets me that even after she realized that Rand had shielded his dreams for privacy, she still tried to figure out how to see them. It may seem like a small thing to pick on, but privacy is a big issue with me :P There are other things, but that's what initially changed my opinion of her.

Cadsuane, I never liked. For someone as old and experienced as she is, she isn't very bright. She's doing a horrible job with Rand, and what she has accomplished is due in large part to Min's viewing. Without that, Rand would never have listened to her in the first place. She has a commendable goal -- to teach him laughter and tears -- but all she's managed to do so far is annoy him, and she can't seem to see that and adapt to it.

Archived