DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I feel like I've been mauled by Jesus, or maybe a dumptruck...

Coravron

So every year, people from my old uni organize a street hockey tournament that goes 36 hours straight, from 9 am saturday morning, to 5 pm sunday afternoon.

Teams usually get a 3-game round robin, then elimination rounds.

Needless to say, I'm not in the same shape I was when I was 16...

An elbow to the mouth, two shots to the wrist, a few to the ankle, calf, and ass didn't help either.

Great fun was had by all, and we did reasonably well, made it to the quarter finals before losing in a shoot-out.

So I went to bed at 7 pm on Sunday, and woke up at 8am on Monday (thank god I booked that day off).

I could barely get out of bed, thats how sore I was.  Even turning over was a chore.  And my kitty jumping on me, and pouncing on my crotch sure didn't help either.  I wandered around the house and the girlfriend was laughing at me, threatening to go buy me a walker...

It's a damn good thing that I picked up Resident Evil 5 on friday, because all I was capable of doing on monday was sitting on my backside.

Today isn't too bad.  I'm still a little sore, but I can at least get up without feeling like I should be in a nursing home.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like quite a punishment, those things are always such good fun, when you plan it, but we forget the after, lol!

*gets out the hottub and fills it with hot water and bubbles*

There that should help, you just relax and I'll get a civie to bring you some Pie! ;D

No problem.  I debated saying it was for geriatrics or people with no teeth as well. 

But I decided I want to be nice

mostly because I'm in no fit state to defend myself physically, or with wit, as last night was, well, eventful.

so the multiple threesomes, sex drugs rock and roll won't count in the PG-13 status?  crap

well then, it's a good thing none of those happened...this year...

The implied emphasis wasn't on anything that happened that evening.  But I do think I have an allergy, or something to the green dye they put in the drinks.  I am always much more sick the day after St Patty's than I am for any other day of the year.

But for the night, it started with a steak night for several of my friends, fundraising for their school grad.

Then it was off to the pub with another friend for his birthday, yes it was actually on the 17th.

The best part of my night?  I totally stole the best parking spot in the house from a small tank (I hate SUV's) that was taking too long to back up...

Do you have a St. George's day?

Everyone gets dressed in chain mail and slays dragons?

We do have a St Georges Day, but I find the chain mail rubs a bit, so try not to wear it.

As for Dragons, I breed them especially for the day and then get buisness men to pay me loads of money to go and and try to slay them... ;D

Archived