DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Forsaken having feelings?

Builder

It seems like LTT did join the DO in one of his 1000 lifes, so i guess that LTT and Lanfear was in love then :) But other than than, dunno.

that's just what the Father of Lies said and he has a habit of lieing.

plus if LTT would join the Dark side the wheel would be destroyed already

That Lews Therin and Lanfear had been a couple before she turned to the Shadow isn't in dispute, but it does not indicate that the Dragon soul has ever served the Shadow, and we know that Lews Therin certainly didn't. Lews Therin's relationship with Lanfear led to her descent into darkness, but not his. He simply hit it and quit it, but she couldn't forget it. Lews Therin: Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, The Dragon, and last but not least, Heartbreakin' Player.  ;D

Lews Therin's relationship with Lanfear lead her to the shadow?  Not directly.  Lews Therin choosing Ilyena I think was the main cause (and Lanfear's hatred of Ilyena).

The Forsaken being in love with each other, Arangar seems the only one.

Of course you also have to define 'love'. I could easily see a hook up or one night stand, but the Chosen were so busy mistrusting and fighting against another that a relationship could never have developed unless it was before they became Chosen.

Well, for the LTT and Lanfare affair:

From tFoH:

"You were always ambitous, Mierin."  His voice grated in his ears.  "Why do you think I turned away from you?  It wasn't Ilyena, whatever you like to think.  You were out of my heart long before ever I met her.  Ambition is all there is to you.  Power is all you ever wanted.  You disgust me!"

She was more psycho hose beast then in love with LTT.

But as to forsaken feelings...

They are always refered to as male and female forsaken, not men and women forsaken.  That implies they are no longer human so they are incapable of feeling like love, remorse, or sorrow.  They are pretty much all psycopaths.

Actually, Lanfear was one of the few who joined the Shadow without needing an ulterior motive. She is a true believer. Just look at the way she refers to hearing the Great Lord's voice at the Bore in The Dragon Reborn. She didn't join because Lews Therin met Ilyena and dropped her. She drilled the Bore in the Great Lord's prison, and then turned to the Shadow when she found what was in there and thought it awesome.

It seems like LTT did join the DO in one of his 1000 lifes, so i guess that LTT and Lanfear was in love then :) But other than than, dunno.

Lews Therin was but one incarnation of the Dragon soul. Its possible that one of his predecessors went to the Shadow, but Lews Therin definitely didnt. Rand would know by now via the voice and memories, and the Forsaken-other than Ishamael-would have mentioned it by now if Lews Therin had gone over.

Lanfear, before she went to the Dark, was in love with Lews Therin, and from the looks of things she still is, although I think its more of an obsession.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

Lews Therin's relationship with Lanfear lead her to the shadow?  Not directly.  Lews Therin choosing Ilyena I think was the main cause (and Lanfear's hatred of Ilyena).

And that's part of their relationship.

He was with her then dumped her for the hot blonde.

And then he does exactly the same thing when he pops up as Rand.

She was more psycho hose beast then in love with LTT.

That made me chuckle.  :)

Of course you also have to define 'love'. I could easily see a hook up or one night stand, but the Chosen were so busy mistrusting and fighting against another that a relationship could never have developed unless it was before they became Chosen.

I think there could be a chance that love could develop after becoming Forsaken since some have had alliances with some of the others.

Demandred/Semirhage/Mesaana seems to be one alliance.  Belal might have been considered part of their group.

Graendal & Sammael seemed to be another.  Rahvin & Lanfear was for a time allied to them.  Asmodean might have been part of them.

Aginor & Balthamel might have been another alliance.

Not realy.

Mierin Eronaile (Lanfear)and Beidomon tap into what they think is a new source of the One Power and unexpectedly open a hole into the Dark One's prison. The Sharom at the Collam Daan explodes in black fire. (TSR,Ch26)

This was the first time that did happen. It have never happend before and thats why the Dark Lord can brake free and change the wheel of time. Thats why Rand MUST win this time, if he looses it will be forever.

It can however still be a lie, but before the breaking, LTT and the evil guys where deadly and regular people.

One thing here, was Mierin Eronaile (Lanfear) evil from the beginning, or did the dark lord made her evil when she entered the Bore to him? Beidomon wasnt evil and did commit suicide after reviling what they have done.

Not realy.

Mierin Eronaile (Lanfear)and Beidomon tap into what they think is a new source of the One Power and unexpectedly open a hole into the Dark One's prison. The Sharom at the Collam Daan explodes in black fire. (TSR,Ch26)

This was the first time that did happen. It have never happend before and thats why the Dark Lord can brake free and change the wheel of time. Thats why Rand MUST win this time, if he looses it will be forever.

It can however still be a lie, but before the breaking, LTT and the evil guys where deadly and regular people.

One thing here, was Mierin Eronaile (Lanfear) evil from the beginning, or did the dark lord made her evil when she entered the Bore to him? Beidomon wasnt evil and did commit suicide after reviling what they have done.

what are you trying to say?

that you think The Dragon once did join the Darks side or that this is the very first time ever that his prison has been opened?

both off which are wrong

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I think there could be a chance that love could develop after becoming Forsaken since some have had alliances with some of the others.

Yeah, but is that "love" or "lust"?

He was with her then dumped her for the hot blonde.

I don't actually think that was the case.  I believe Lews Therin left Mierin Eronaile because she was power-hungry and then sometime later met and married Ilyena Moerelle.

I don't believe we know all that much about the timeframe.

Anyway, I don't think LTT dumped Mierin for Ilyena, however, it's clear that Lanfear believes this and that's what influences her moves. Therefore, for one of the two people involved, that's exactly what happened.

the Chosen were so busy mistrusting and fighting against another that a relationship could never have developed unless it was before they became Chosen.

Pretty much. I can't see two people who are fighting each other(no matter what their alliances are, they still want to be top dog over everyone else) falling in love. One of them has to go down in the end.

Hah, that could sound really bad if I stop to think about it.

On a more serious note! Wasn't it actually mentioned that at some point, The Dragon went over to the DO?

Why would that make her insane? She was searching for an alternative source of power other than the True Source. If she could find one that both men and women could draw on then men and women channelers could work together a lot easier. Whats so insane about that?

Archived