114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Dreadlord

As it says, which bad guy is your favorite? Feel free to explain your decision and point out any favorite moments or traits you like about the character, but bad guys only

I went for Graendal because she's intelligent. It would have to be Graendal or Lanfear but in the end, I plumped for Graendal.

I have only just started book 11 though, so perhaps my thoughts will change as I see more of Cyndane.

The point at which I realised how much I liked Graendal was when SH came to her during her meeting with Moghedien and Cyndane. She realised immediately that he was powerful and had the sense to go along with him - even though she didnt know who he was (really), or why the Dark Lord had appointed him, she was sassy enough to understand that she had more to lose through opposing him, than she had to lose through obeying.

It would have to be Lanfear, although I didn't like Cyndane as much.  I can't really explain it, but when I first read through the series she seemed like such a vivid character, one who stuck in my mind.  She had some great scenes, too.

Guest Dreadlord

Although personally, I've always had the impression she'd do better with a woman

UNQUOTE

For some reason that seems right. Not sure why, but it does.

I have always liked Sammael a lot. Why wasn't he on the list?

Sammael is kind of interesting and I think that if he had actually attacced Rand before Rand had learned much about channeling he would have won.

I am not exactly sure why I like him but I just liked him from the begining when he was plotting with Lanfear, Graendal and Rahvin and I liked him still when he turned into "idiot".

Guest Dreadlord

I knew I had forgotten some Chosen names-and no doubt some others-thats why I put Other-please specify.

My personal favorite was a joint effort between Taim and Moridin until I read KoD epilogue; since then its Taim alone. Moridin comes close, but the "Besides, you must remember the old saying," upped Taim to pole position. I'll rant and rave about him when I get chance, but at the mo Im sick of re-writing this message every time my boss nearly catches me on the internet

I like Ishamael/Moridin a lot, just because he knows what's really going to happen and just doesn't care.  All of the other Forsaken would no doubt get cold feet once the truth about the DO's plan came out.  Ishamael is the one guy who is truly devoted to the cause (well, Moghedien and Cyndane are now, but that's a different story).

Taim is pretty awesome too, so he makes my #2.  As a bad guy, he's very confident in his position and very cool, though he does show bursts of emotions.  I agree with Dreadlord, his flaunting of his loyalties in the KOD epilogue was awesome.

All through the series Padan Fain has always been my favorite. Many on the list I really like, you can't have a good series without good (or bad) villans, but Padan takes the cake.

First, look at what he's been through. Any dealings with the Dark One would not be pleasant, but MOLDED would kill any normal man in my opinion. Then to go into Two Rivers at the beginning and to still be "sane" enough that no one suspects the real reason he went is amazing to me.

Second, Shadar Logoth. Now he's been REMOLDED by 'goodness' turned evil. Again not with velvet gloves. So he now can't pose as a 'normal' person anymore not that I blame him, but he still has an aura about him to get him noticed by the high ranking (Pedron Niall, Eladia, the Tariens at Haddon Mirk, etc.) To me he is the original Bad Ass because he has the 'scars' to prove it and he keeps on coming!

I vote for Graendal, as a favorite baddie, also, but after her, Arangar/Halima/Balthamel. It's not that they are not, in their own way, vile---e.g., Graendal's fondness for turning other human beings into adoring slaves is almost as obnoxious as some of the worst traits of Aginor, Semirhage, Demandred, etc. It's that they are sensible in a peculiar sort of way. I'm not sure how to explain that further. :-(

My all-time favorite in Team Shadow got to be Asmodean.

I simply like the concept of a mean, evil guy being pulled to the Light side against his will, and the way Asmodean aka Jasin Natael is described is simply very convincing and cool in my eyes: His dead-certain prospect of doom and his vain hope to somehow still end up to be on the winning side...I was sad to see him go so fast, although the way of his passing surely still is the stuff for nice theorizing on our, the reader's, part. :p

He wasn't pulled into the Shadow against his will. He joined the Shadow for the immortality that the Dark One promised. He wanted to study his music forever.

At least, if I recall correctly.

To quote myself:

being pulled to the Light side

I never questioned that he went over to the Shadow willingly. ;D

There's never been any indication of sexuality in the depictions of Semi, as far as I'm aware, but I have always had the impression that she would be lesbian. Perhaps it's the nature of her work - quite masculine.
You're just saying that to justify your lesbian bondage fantasies about her. Admit it.

And Pedron Niall isn't on this poll either. No love as a good guy or a bad guy. I cast my vote for...Mr Ares. He's by far my favourite baddie.

Archived