A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MENTORS and MENTEES - sign up here

Jehaine

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, Elyssa!

The Mentoring system has changed a bit - you no longer have to teach your Mentees a class (they can take one of the group classes we put up - you can teach those too, if you want!). The novices can choose between Meet the Roommate & Meet the Mentor, so you don't always have to RP with them either. But, should a novice decide to rather take a "private" class, the Mentor comes in very handy indeed :)

We are working on getting up a full list of classes - if you have any, would you mind pm'ing me with a short outline of what they are?

To everyone, but specifically to Jade:

I was thinking of sending all mentors the letter with links & info and quiz that we send to novices, for them to brush up on things a bit. Not for them to have to do the quiz and send back, or anything like that, just as a base for information.

Would you find that helpful, in guiding Mentees OOC?

This will teach me to go LOA on this side and not tell anyone. *blushes* I totally missed I had a new mentee *head hits desk* I'm a dork...okay sorry mintee I'll get things in hand with you soon hun. Elgee i'll need to reread that thread you are talking about as its been awhile. *blushes again*

*runs off with Jade ... * oh wait no - one of us has to stay here ... come baaaaaaccck !

Thanks bunches, Q - will add her back on the list - please remind me when a new novice comes in to give Selene first dibs.

Rasheta, no worries hon - I only put it up yesterday  ;D

I think what i'll make a version of the letter Q sends out with the quiz, maybe add in some of the stuff Claire is working on, and send it to all Mentors on the list - if everyone will give me their preferred email addresses please? You can pm it to me so we don't spam up this thread any further  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cetaile din Lenaara Breaking Dawn--Grey Sister, newly raised 40ish ICT.  Sea Folk.  Good negotiator but has an emotional streak.

Gianna su Riatin-- Accepted aspiring Blue, from Cairhien.  Used to be quite haughty, but has changed after refusing her first arches attempt and is very quiet and introspective now.  Went through a stage of depression that is lifting now she is finally Accepted.

Claire al'Windischan--Brown Sister, age 270+ (in whatever the top age tier is now).  Very kind, getting old and thin, has a bit of a wild streak.

*grabs Q and snugglebites her before she can get away* ... now now ... no depriving me of my fix  ;D

Thanks muchos, Claire - have updated the thread, with Claire's name in italics. Will straighten it up once the bio is done  :D

• 1 month later...

Give me a few weeks and I'll happily take a mentee with Lavinya. I say a few weeks so that I don't leave someone in the lurch while I settle into my new house :).

Lavinya Morganen - Grey Ajah, Age 110+, vain, temperamental and often nasty red head. She eats troublesome novices for breakfast  ;D