DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Semirhage the key to healing Rand?

Jambo

I was reading through the LoC again and I came across something that I found interesting. This part is from Graendal's POV and it's when Sammael and Graendal are having a "discussion" about Rand.

With his golden hair Sammael might have been hansome enough to stand among her pets, if he would let Semirhage remove that burned furrow that slanted across his face; she was the only one remaining with the skill to do do what would once have been a simple matter."

What's this, the ability to remove scars? Now that Semirhage has been caught I don't think it would be a stretch for Nynaeve to press her for information such as she did with Moghieden (sp?). If there's a way to remove bad scars maybe there are ways to heal even more grievous injuries  :o aka the two wounds in Rand's side or his hand. Obviously there is quite a bit different between those, but with the knowledge of how to heal scars Nynaeve could probably figure something out. Who knows, Semirhage's knowledge of what is happening inside Rand's head will probably be important to them figuring out a plan for 'the end'. Just idle speculation, Thought?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, first of all I rather doubt Nynaeve would be able to presure Semirhage. Moghedian was a coward, Semirhage is... well, a stone cold bitch.

Second of all, the ability to remove scar tissue is a far leap from the ability to regrow a limb--the first requires simple changing the nature of the tissue, the second in regenerating bone, blood and nerves. Nothing indicates the latter is possible, or ever was.

One big difference, Moghedien is a coward and would do anything to save her own skin, Semirhage isn't.  Semirhage most likely will view it as a game them trying to get any information out of her.  She has nothing but contempt for those of this age.

Second of all, the ability to remove scar tissue is a far leap from the ability to regrow a limb--the first requires simple changing the nature of the tissue, the second in regenerating bone, blood and nerves. Nothing indicates the latter is possible, or ever was.

You know, just like fixing people who were stilled..

Looking at it from the point of view that it seems the age of legends had an unrivaled knowledge of the body, I wouldn't put it past them to be able to heal a limb that was still attached.. encouraging new growth from cell material, promoting healthy bloodflow.  As far as completely amputated limbs, though, that would be a challenge.

You know, just like fixing people who were stilled..

By all acounts healing being stilled was a relatively simple procedure. A simple bridging of something with a sequence of flows. It was simply a matter of stumbling along the right sequence.

Rebuilding flech and nerves and bone is a very different matter entirely, requiring a complexity of weaving completely unlike healing severing.

There are vast differences between ingenuity and skill.

*nod* oh yes, ingenuity and skill are a major part of it, but I was merely pointing out that what was thought impossible since the Age of Legends, if not before (Healing people who were stilled) was something that was easily accomplished in this age, so who knows what may have been accomplished back then, or what may be discovered that was previously thought possible.

Doctor Jack report to surgery room nubmer 3!

They need a skilled surgeon, and that is all. The only thing is that there are none surgeons in Randland.

I don't know any surgeons able to regenerate an appendage which was vaporized by a fireball.

Also, I don't know of any examples where channelers created something as complex as a hand from nothing, which is what they'd have to do to regenerate Rand's hand.

Well, I know one docter who regenerated a hand, but if I find out that Rand is going to fall into a pit of lava and be rebuilt within a cuendillar suit... *shakes head* That's just too many crossovers..

Maybe his new hand will be a sa'angreal, so that in the next Age, there is no Sword that cannot be touched, but a Hand that cannot be touched.

I think that would be slightly creepy :P Can you imagine this uber powerful badass guy waving this hand of mass destruction around? oooo scary  ;)

I know it's a stretch for a limb to be actually regrown but I think Semirhage's knowledge could be helpful in healing rand's wounds on his side, and who know's what could be done, there are weaves in the current age that did not exist in the age of legends so buikding upon the knowledge of one of the forsaken could lead to many new discoveries.

whether or not its even possible, the forsaken have all shown that they have weaknesses and regardless of how much contempt she may have for the channelers of this age, there are enough women strong enough to deal with her....we know who they all are.

furthermore, if that didnt work, slap an a'dam on her neck and train her into an obedient little lapdog. that should do the trick! i can think of a few skilled sul'dam capable of that feat (daughter of the nine moons being one of them  ;) )

I reckon the most effective thing would be to have a man bond her. Instant ongoing compelled obeidience combined with an ability to kill her anywhere at any moment with the strength sapping ability of the bond.

But since i don't think anyone will think of that an a'dam would do pretty good.

'the Hand that cannot be touched'... that sounds... creepy.

whether or not its even possible, the forsaken have all shown that they have weaknesses and regardless of how much contempt she may have for the channelers of this age, there are enough women strong enough to deal with her....we know who they all are.

Could have Perin show up and chop her arm off.  But if they don't have the courage to just kill her on the spot I can't see them torturing her with or without an A'dam.  If you think about it Nynaneve and the others never really did that much to Mog, except to make her think they would do something. 

I reckon the most effective thing would be to have a man bond her. Instant ongoing compelled obeidience combined with an ability to kill her anywhere at any moment with the strength sapping ability of the bond.

Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately the brainless ninnies in Randland will never even think of it.

An alternative would be the Chair that was used by the sisters in the tower to uncover their first BA member. I'm somewhat confident that even Semirhage would fall to that- even if it takes a few years.

I also agree that it is very likely impossible that a part of your body can be regenerated using the Power at all. Rand's fleshy hand is gone for good.

Alternatives made from some other material may be used but that is irrelevant to the thread.

Semi may be able to heal his double wound somewhat. I was actually expecting Fain's dagger would to disappear after SL got destroyed. Now I'm expecting it to disappear once Fain is killed. It can't possibly be with Rand forever.

The Ishy wound may go after TG. I am expecting some sort of prison reconstruction/complete sealing of bore- so the DO's access to the world may be negligible after that. Consequently, the wound may no longer be so persistent after its loses touch with its source.

Rand's body is pretty screwed up. I do hope he sticks with it though.

Agreed. And then theres the fact that Semirhage is just as bad ass as Cadsuane.

Either way im so psyched about their scenes together. I love the part in KoD when they talk.

"Why should I deny it? I am Semirhage"

"And I am Cadsuane Melaidhrin."

Heh.

I'd like it if one of the Forsaken wasn't, in fact, broken. I'd prefer it if Semirhage escaped or better yet persevered and remained defiant. But then again, she herself has stated she will not be a sacrifice, and has already started aiding the Light by telling everyone of Rand's condition. I think no persuasion will be needed to make her talk. Especially since I think - hope - it's all part of a big plan of hers.

I think that the key to Semi is to remember that the main (maybe only) reason that she went to the DO was that she had been threatened with the Oath Rod.

If it can scare her so much that she turned to the DO then maybe it can be used to "persuade" her to reviel all.

Look at what the oath Rod and a few Wise ones did to Galina.  At the end of KoD she is just a balling whimpering shell.

I'd like it if one of the Forsaken wasn't, in fact, broken. I'd prefer it if Semirhage escaped or better yet persevered and remained defiant. But then again, she herself has stated she will not be a sacrifice, and has already started aiding the Light by telling everyone of Rand's condition. I think no persuasion will be needed to make her talk. Especially since I think - hope - it's all part of a big plan of hers.

I don't think her telling Rand's people about his condition was done to help them or aiding the light.  Most likely is was for them to start to think he might be crazy and start to cause some doubt in their minds.  I don't see her so easily helping them, after all I am sure she fears the DO  more then anyone the light has. 

I think that the key to Semi is to remember that the main (maybe only) reason that she went to the DO was that she had been threatened with the Oath Rod.

If it can scare her so much that she turned to the DO then maybe it can be used to "persuade" her to reviel all.

Look at what the oath Rod and a few Wise ones did to Galina.  At the end of KoD she is just a balling whimpering shell.

How would they force her to swear any oaths though? I too am very interested in seeing what happens with her. It would be the definition of irony if she was broken in a way like what she used to do. I agree with the post about the wise ones. They dont have any of the reservations most Aes Sedai have so if anyone could break her it would be them.

Archived