DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Semirhage the key to healing Rand?

Jambo

I don't think her telling Rand's people about his condition was done to help them or aiding the light.  Most likely is was for them to start to think he might be crazy and start to cause some doubt in their minds.  I don't see her so easily helping them, after all I am sure she fears the DO  more then anyone the light has. 

Agreed.  She was trying to spend dissension in the ranks.  If the savior of mankind has to lay down his life for mankind to survive, but he's insane, will he make the right choice?  That's the same doubt that has plagued Elaida, for example.  Semirhage is not going to turn to the Light.  Period.  She's a sadist who enjoys torturing others.  She is not the type to change sides like Asmodean or possibly Moghedien because she is not a coward, unlike them.  The Light would not trust her healing Rand in any case, turned or not.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Light would not trust her healing Rand in any case, turned or not.

They would be stupid to trust her. Rand never trusted Asmodean and it would be the same with Semirhage. But that doesn't mean her knowledge can't be... extracted, and then used by someone with the ability. I'm sure there are at least a few channelers with the power and skill in healing required to preform any AoL-style healing that Semirhage knows.

But that doesn't mean her knowledge can't be... extracted, and then used by someone with the ability.

*blink*  I know its for saving the world and all, but aren't you getting a little too close to, well, doing what she does?

The Light would not trust her healing Rand in any case, turned or not.

They would be stupid to trust her. Rand never trusted Asmodean and it would be the same with Semirhage. But that doesn't mean her knowledge can't be... extracted, and then used by someone with the ability. I'm sure there are at least a few channelers with the power and skill in healing required to preform any AoL-style healing that Semirhage knows.

I agree with both of these  but  think that Semirhage  is FAR more damgerous than Asmodean or Morgy as a captive.

That said - Couldn't they put an A'dam on her and use it to make her swear some super binding oath on the Oath Rod?  One that would include a requirement for her to kill anyone that even tries to release her from the A'dam / Oath?

For that matter  - since Elayne "Made" the modified A'dam that had no leash - couldn't she make one that had a "false" release latch that would itself "kill" anyone that tried to release the captive?

Just some thoughts. ;D ;D ;D

Maybe if you used some serious Compulsion on her. I doubt even an a'dam would break her. After all, Mogh managed to trick Nynaeve and Elayne into trying out a weave that gave them a headache, claiming it was something else. Semirhage would probably give them a weave to try that would kill them.

It would really suck if Semirhage was broken though. I mean, this is the Forsaken other Forsaken are scared of. Even Mesaana, who is the closest thing to an ally to her, doesn't feel easy around her.

They didn't have the stomach to torture Mogh when they had her.

Yet they were still able to extract some useful information from her. We have seen the power of the a'dam and as much as they dislike useing them they are smart enough to realize that that could be the only way to control Semirhage at all. Although.... They could if they were feeling particularly grumpy, still her and have an Aes Sedai heal her, I'm sure the shock of being stilled and then having vastly lower strength would rattle her a little  :-\. I'm not sure even Cadsuane would be cold enough to do that though, as much as I would love to see something that dark from the Aes Sedai, or better yet the Wonder Girls.

Besides Rand would have to be completely insane to accept healing from her.  Just the thought would probably make LTT start whimpering.  She was known for extracting some suffering when she was healing people.  Who would want her to even touch them?

That can't still her or kill her till a trial.  As for the Aiel torturing her most likely they would just kill her.

“She says that a great deal,” Elayne said dryly. “One of the things she said she saw looking at me was a severed hand. Not mine, she says. She claims she does not know what it means, either.”

Chapter 24: The Great Hunt.

this is what i always come back to when thinking about Rand's hand.

however, no idea on what Elayne will do.

The problem is that Rand's hand was vaporized, not severed.  If it was severed, it could probably be reattached by Nynaeve's healing as it would then only be a matter of connecting the nerves, bones, muscles, etc.  I think Rand's hand is gone for good.

When it comes to extracting information from Semi, do you seriously think Rand could stand even the idea of using an a'dam for anything even remotely close to torture? We are talking about the guy who rather would have let Lanfear kill him than for him to hurt a woman.

And the hand is gone. He has accepted it, so should you.

As for the wound in his side, one is from TP, one from the evil of SL. I strongly doubt even Semi would have the skills to heal that even if she wanted to.

When it comes to extracting information from Semi, do you seriously think Rand could stand even the idea of using an a'dam for anything even remotely close to torture? We are talking about the guy who rather would have let Lanfear kill him than for him to hurt a woman.

Well what Rand doesn't know can't hurt him. There are plenty of people around him who would be willing to do something he normally wouldn't agree with if they thought it was for his own good.

And the hand is gone. He has accepted it, so should you.

As for the wound in his side, one is from TP, one from the evil of SL. I strongly doubt even Semi would have the skills to heal that even if she wanted to.

To be honest I am quite doubtful that there is anything that can be done about his hand, but I still think that there is no one better, that we know of, than Semi for the possibility of healing Rand's side. Obviously they wouldn't let her do it herself but there has to be a way to get her to show someone else (aka Nynaeve)the weave(s). I refuse to believe that there is nobody who could break Semirhage. Just because she herself was an expert on info extracting doesn't mean she would hold up any better against it than someone else; in fact her knowledge of torture could probably work against her because she would have extensive knowledge of the terrible things that can be done.

Semirhage isn't going to be broken - she's the epitome of Chosen arrogance.  When Cadsuane says "you don't even deny who you are" she responds, "why SHOULD I deny who I am, I am Semirhage."  She's full of pride of who she is and what she is capable of doing.  I don't think she considers it dangerous that she's being held by Cadsuane and Rand.  She blew his hand off, she's probably just biding her time until she can escape.

I don't really think she is even fascinated by the idea of Healing Rand, since she probably just wants him dead.  The option to Heal him would probably not suit her at all, and we should remember that anyone Semirhage Healed would suffer from her sadism, so Healing Rand (while simply a totally insane and stupid idea to even consider) would probably result in some kind of other pain.  It's doubtful also that Semirhage would teach Nyneave anything about Healing.  Semirhage's stubborn pride is what makes her confrontation with Cadsuane so fascinating.  A competition of wills, I love it.

The idea of Compulsion and use of an a'dam is probably disgusting to the Aes Sedai so I think it's a lot easier for us to say "they should just Compel her" but we don't really understand the revulsion associated with Compelling someone.  It's the stripping of their right to choose...their free will.  Compulsion robs them of their ability to make decisions, it's disgusting.  And the a'dam is not really any better so it probably doesn't occur to them that these things should be considered.  They just never would be.  Cadsuane alone would have huge issues with it I'm sure.

Okay then it seems the consensous in that there in no way Semirhage will be broken (though I disagree), so what do ppl think will happen with her? Will Rand decide to kill her (highly doubtful), will someone help her escape?

Well if she is not going to be broken - then they should have Balefired her ass right then so that Rand could have his hand and eyes back.

But I also do not agree with the line of thought that Semi will not be broken.  We have already seen that Caddy can intemidate the hell out of prople and that is without an A'dam.    We have also seen that Caddy plays by the rules only when it suits her, so I don't see any problem with her using an A'dam very roughly on Semi.

We have seen quite a lot of Buildup for Caddy but I am still far from impressed.  If we could see some Kick-butt interogation of Semi from Caddy where she really knocks the crap out of her - I would finally "almost" enjoy her typical Pompas Ass AS Character.

Well if she is not going to be broken - then they should have Balefired her ass right then so that Rand could have his hand and eyes back.

Except Cadsuane definitely hates balefire

I have a cure for that as well!    ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

Believe me - if I was Rand and I Balefired Caddy's ass back to NS it would make me laugh so hard that I would cry!      ;D ;D ;D

Archived