DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whowould you bale fire if you could

muddasssir

Faile, because she ruined Perrin's character.
*Kneecaps Thorum* You were warned.

If you capture someone, ramble on and then let them escape, the next time you have them you kill them. No chatting, no pointless intimidating, just do it. DO IT!
Kill now, ramble later? I agree.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't balefire anyone, as my being male and using the one power so obviously would be, well, too obvious. I'd then have the insufferable Tower upon me and be unable to work my plots in secret.  Then again, were I to get the tower on my back anyway, then that would change things, wouldn't it.*smirk*

The White Tower, because all Aes Sedai blow. And to kill them all, you could simply make the white tower cease to exist. Would prolly unravel the pattern though.

Rand. Sadly, I've grown to despise Rand. One of the best reasons to keep reading WoT is to see him die in the end. Here're some reasons why:-

1) Insisting that he's harder and tougher, then as soon as a woman gets a scratch or bruises her knee somewhere in his vicinity, he runs off blubbering and adds her name to the list.

2) His inability to kill any of the female forsaken (the woman thing again).

3) Losing a hand because he was stupid enough to stick his hand in front of a fireball.

4) Listening to emo music.

“Play March of Death,” he commanded in a harsher voice than he wanted, and Natael looked at him

blankly for a moment. The man had been listening to everything. He would have questions, but he would find

no answers. If Rand could not tell Lan Mat’s secrets, he would not spread them before one of the Forsaken,

however tame he appeared. This time he deliberately made his tone rough, and pointed the length of spear at the

man. "Play it, unless you know a sadder. Play something to make your soul weep. If you have one still."

That's some of it at least. Anyhow, Imma stop before this turns into an I hate Rand post.

The White Tower, because all Aes Sedai blow. And to kill them all, you could simply make the white tower cease to exist. Would prolly unravel the pattern though.

Well, that's not how balefiring a structure works.  First, you'd have to balefire the whole structure, not just hit it once.  Second, structures don't have threads in the Pattern, so they wouldn't affect people anyways.

4) Listening to emo music.

Play March of Death, he commanded in a harsher voice than he wanted, and Natael looked at him

blankly for a moment. The man had been listening to everything. He would have questions, but he would find

no answers. If Rand could not tell Lan Mats secrets, he would not spread them before one of the Forsaken,

however tame he appeared. This time he deliberately made his tone rough, and pointed the length of spear at the

man. "Play it, unless you know a sadder. Play something to make your soul weep. If you have one still."

:D :D :D

I have to agree that Rand has slowly been edging down on my favorite characters list.  Which is one of the reasons that Cadsuane is rising.  I sincerely hope Rand learns to "laugh and cry" soon.

3) Losing a hand because he was stupid enough to stick his hand in front of a fireball.
I agree. Obviously it would be far less stupid to take the fireball in the chest or face than in the hand. He may need his hand, but his chest or face? Not so much. Or maybe he could have moved and let Min be killed...that would really help matters, wouldn't it?

I agree. Obviously it would be far less stupid to take the fireball in the chest or face than in the hand. He may need his hand, but his chest or face? Not so much. Or maybe he could have moved and let Min be killed...that would really help matters, wouldn't it?

1.  How does a hand stop a fireball?  2. Rands fault for having Min there anyway 3.  I know he is afraid of LTT taking control, but who goes into possible ambush an doesn't hold the power?

1.  How does a hand stop a fireball?  2. Rands fault for having Min there anyway 3.  I know he is afraid of LTT taking control, but who goes into possible ambush an doesn't hold the power?

Wouldn't have mattered much, Semirhage is a woman. Rand would take a dagger in the face from one before he'd start channeling.

Sometimes i think half the reason why the BT was formed was to deal with teh eebil female channelers without launching Rand into an emofest.

1. How does a hand stop a fireball?
I don't know, but if you'd like to volunteer your hands for a couple of experiments, I'm sure we can find out. Until then, we'll just have to saisfy ourselves with the fact that the damage would have been minimised by the fireball hitting what his hand was holding - the Dragon Sceptre. 
3. I know he is afraid of LTT taking control, but who goes into possible ambush and doesn't hold the power?
You just answered your own question. The sort of person who goes into a possible ambush without holding the Power is the sort of person who worries about a madman he can't control seizing the Power from him and doing who knows what. "This was no time to give the madman a chance to get hold of the Power" was what Rand thought. Simple fact is that the original poster didn't have a point here. Sticking his hand in front of the fireball was the only sensible option he had at that point.

Wouldn't have mattered much, Semirhage is a woman. Rand would take a dagger in the face from one before he'd start channeling.
So you're saying Lanfear isn't a woman? This flies in the face of all the evidence in the series, but what the hell, that's never stopped anyone before! I agree with you, Lanfear is a man!

Sometimes i think half the reason why the BT was formed was to deal with teh eebil female channelers without launching Rand into an emofest.
And the other half was the approaching Apocalypse. And I'll hang the next person to use the term "emo".

Speak for yourself.  I would have taken the hit like a man, in my face.  After all, everyone knows men think with the hair on their chests.  The head's just a decoy.

Wow never knew a stick with a pointy end was defense against a fireball, what he swing it like a bat?

He might not of used the power to harm or even do anything to Semirhage, but he could of woven a shield or somehting like he did when the Asha'man tried to assassinate him.  Sorry but Rand is an idiot.  Going when he won't try to hold the power, allowing Min to come.  He knew women who could channel would be there what exactly was he going to do if it was an ambush?  This is the thinking that will win him the last battle?  Time to break out "We love the Dark One " t-shrits.

So you're saying Lanfear isn't a woman? This flies in the face of all the evidence in the series, but what the hell, that's never stopped anyone before! I agree with you, Lanfear is a man!

And Rand has tried to kill her when exactly? Really tried, not some half-assed attempt at fending her off before she'd get herself hurt.

Or maybe he could have moved and let Min be killed...that would really help matters, wouldn't it?

Yes!

It would save me the trouble of balefiring Min!

(She's just boring.)

Archived