DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Half-Blood Prince Delay

Loreina

Another half year added to the time before I read the books to shut people up?  Woo hoo!

And because people are complaining... add another month for each of you... so that'll make it 4-6 years after the last movie comes out before I read any of the books ^__^

*runs off cackling*

As you might see if you look in the Blue boards, I am VERY angry about this. Warner Bros have made a calculated move in order to increase their profits (which were going to be huge anyway) using the Writers strike as a thinly veiled excuse. With such a dedicated, large enthusiastic fandom, these films have generated a huge amount of revenue for the company. As such, it is my belief that instead of working FOR the fans, Warner Bros have chosen to take them for granted in order to exploit them as much as possible.

I think it is a mark of disrespect not only of the fans, but of the films too.  >:(

If they just wanted to shift the profits to the New Year, they could have given it a New Year's release, to kick off the new year right. I don't understand why they felt it necessary to push it all the way to summer! ARGH!

bexcause i realize alot of you aren't avid debaters of HP, i'll go ahead and list whatt he accro's i used mean. 

HP= Harry Potter

GoF= Goblet of Fire

OoTP= Order of the Pheonix

DH= Deathly Hallows

DD= Dumbledore

sorry is this was un-needed or redundant...

i have to say i'm rather diappointed as well.  though just from the trialer i've been able to see, i've already found a few things to complain about as far as depections of the book.

while it is rather stupid of them to extend the premerier of the movie, i think their disrespect of the series honestly started with GoF.  leaving out half the book and switching around parts....  having Neville give Harry the Gillyweed instead of Dobbie...  and Ralphs horrible performance as Voldy  *glares*

and it's only worsened by the fact that their willing to split DH into two movies, but never even considered that with GoF and ooTP....  *grumbles*  but that's hollywood for you....

and if Warner Bros is goign to throw this much of a fit with Daniel being nude in a different movie/play...  then i really have to ask, how they're goign to react to the scene near the end of DH with DD and the train station...  especailly since JKR has come out and said DD is gay

I wouldn't worry Red, there are a HUGE number of Harry Potter fans around here and we're all pretty okay with the Harry Potter 'codes'  :P

Though one positive has come from this- owing to the fact that HP is being released in the Summer, the Blue Ajah will probably be holding Harry Potter Week again so please feel free to get all excited about that  ;)

Hollywood likes to throw a bitch fit about everything. As it is, I'm just going to console myself with rereading the books =)

leaving out half the book and switching around parts....  having Neville give Harry the Gillyweed instead of Dobbie...  and Ralphs horrible performance as Voldy  *glares*

I totally agree on the gillyweed part.  I hated that - why couldn't they just do it like the book?  Would have been just as easy.....

But I respectfully disagree on Ralph being horrible as Voldemort.  I think he's a good actor, and that he did a pretty good job acting like Voldemort.  I guess it's just people's opinions, but I didn't realize that some thought Ralph did a poor job.  :-\

I'm just going to console myself with rereading the books =)

Ditto.  ;)

Ugh, I didn't like Voldemort. He was jumping around everywhere like a little school kid in the movie. I had always pictured him as a... elegant, conniving mastermind.

And oh, the Radcliffe nudity play. Reason I asked earlier is because HP != Radcliffe in my mind.

^ i agree with how your thoughts on voldy.

i also agree that Ralph is a wonderful actor all around, in the other movies i've seen him in, he catches the character very good.  but his performance of Voldy in GoF was rather poor and showed no back ground on the character.  though i am pleased with his performance in OoTP, i believe he finally went and read the parts of Voldy, realizing his mistake.

i'm a Voldy fanatic, he's really my fav character (besides Dobby) out of the books.  i've always been a sucker for the bad guys like Venom and Gambit.

so my whole reason for wanting to go see GoF was the grave yard scene.  where we finally get to meet the Dark Lord, as himself in full body and image and personality.

i disagree with Ralph's thoughts on "its a new body he shoudl be filling it out.  his performance of Voldy was good until he addressed Harry.  after that, it went down hill...

the rest of the proformance was, for lack of better words, not only lacking, but reminded me of a kid on prozac.

where in the book, voldy is waling around, thinking to himself outloud, in pride and glory and cocky; due to his reimergance from an existance worse than death, and that the object of his obsession and downfall is right there infront of him bound and waiting to be slaughtered.   he's elegant in his guestures, because he knows he is all powerful.

he's cocky in his manner, because the one person who has the power to destroy him, is there tied and ready to be killed.

over all, he's in a very good mood; taking into consideration voldemorts rather volitile mood swings.

and yet there is more of a thinking stance he takes, wondering who will come back, and how to punish those that do come back because they failed to keep their faith in him. 

Ralph, showed none of this....  he was more like a giddy little school boy who had no control, and was just mad with joy over the new little play thing he had in front of him.  he was rushed and jumpy and not collected at all.

Archived