DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleansing of the Taint

Segurant

Seems like a big RP is coming our way.  There are several things coming that I would like input from the members.  I have invited the Reds to join us in our discussion.

* Bonding between the Red Ajah and the Asha'man

* Cleansing of the Taint on Saidin

I'm sure there will be other topics but we will see that comes of it all.  What would you like to see happen?

I think it would be really cool to capture some Reds like in the books. You know the Reds send some sisters to oust us and we take them by surprise! Then we can get to know our captives and let those who want form RP Bonds that way!?

Clean the Taint! Woot! No more madness!  :D

Maybe send a group (active RPers) over to Shadar Logath, to help the Dragon clean the Taint for good, and make it really good! Like having people get close to burning out their ability or callasping from exhaustion when it is done or something along those lines.

I believe we have a couple of months before this event so everyone needs to get to the rank of Asha'man!

Hurry up and get working guys.  GO GO GO!!!! ;D

Crap I need to write getting to the Farm!

I think it would be really cool to capture some Reds like in the books. You know the Reds send some sisters to oust us and we take them by surprise! Then we can get to know our captives and let those who want form RP Bonds that way!?

Ummm . . . that already happened.  It was called the Watchers RP.  The group of sisters (13 of 'em) were captured/bonded and held until a Grey came and negotiated their release.  We never actually got around to the RP where they were released (mostly because everyone involved in the RP went AWOL on us), but we assume that their bonds were released and they were all sent back to Tar Valon.

Anywho, I would like to take another shot at the bonding thing.  It was fun while it worked.  Maybe this time make it an equal thing.  X amount of Sisters bonded by Asha'man and X amount of Asha'man bonded by Aes Sedai.  I assume this would be like the end of KoD where the Red's approach Taim wanting to bond Asha'man?

Cleansing! o.O

*spams forum with Tavon/Martyn threads*

Seriously though, what i'd like to see is Aes Sedai and Asha'man be forced to work together even though they really don't want to. As in, "if this wasn't an order of the Amyrlin, i'd gentle your ass" don't want to.

Nothing beats characters that hate each others guts in the same thread ^_^

Anywho, I would like to take another shot at the bonding thing.  It was fun while it worked.  Maybe this time make it an equal thing.  X amount of Sisters bonded by Asha'man and X amount of Asha'man bonded by Aes Sedai.  I assume this would be like the end of KoD where the Red's approach Taim wanting to bond Asha'man?

The idea is based on the Red's approachng Taim event, yes.  :D

I have 2 red characters - I could play one being bonded, and one bonding - sounds like this could be fun *grins*

Jeh, the cleansing of the Taint would be an Ajah wide thing, I would say (that is, if the members of the BT approve. This is your "baby", after all  :D) - your idea sounds good to me, personally.

Muirenn, who was stilled in the WT/BT skirmish, is still bonded to Dalinar.  Because she was no longer Aes Sedai, her bond was not released with the others. :)

Apart from that, I think the Amyrlin, Shevara (former Red), would probably give the order for the Reds to go and offer to bond Asha'man.  She would likely take one herself, since she is unwilling to have others do what she is not willing to do also. 

I'm good with my Asha'man, Serge, either bonding or beind bonded.  Whichever y'all need more of! :D

up can train in retro and get the effects thus

also i belive even if it is not said so in the books that the reason taim said yes (though the reds dont know it) is because rand told the other tower that they could bond an equal amount of intiates to that the BT had bonded sisters, and if he did this he must also have told the BT this so taim wouldnt go up in his frills when the AS arived

that Taim allows the reds from the tower i belive is just his own game playing on the orders from rand and not what was actualy ment from rands side...ie taim twisting on things to his own deligth

as the release was never rped cant something circumstancel happen there or some such that could develop a trade deal say as a reasurance both sides that there will be no more attacks

say bt release those who wants to for exchange of someone willing to take their place, while equaly they give up as many slots that get bonded to the WT

an exchange deal to reasure both sides to keep in check, and also help grow understanding of eachother and better the comunication (as those bonded surely could contribute something to their semi new home)

I'm going to say Asha'man only for now.  If we don't have enough Asha'man by the time this comes around, we'll see about opening it up to Dedicated.

As of now, it will not happen for Dedicateds.

tg = unbonded warders yard char

warder = bonded warders yard char

the ranks go

trainee - tg/warder

not

trainee - tg - warder

the two are equal in rank the difference in term is the bond

so you can not say tg = dedi, and warder = ashie

the rigth thing to do would be say

soldier = begining trainee

dedi = advanced trainee or newly raised TG (as you get raised TG at ws 6 now, but can not bond till ws 8)

ashie = TG

Both sound pretty good to me :D Guess things really are moving along in the PSW ^_^

So here's some input from a previous DL...

*starts handing out refreshments first in case this takes a while*

1) Bonding

Take some tips from the last attempt at bonding between the Divs. Like Arath mentioned, it was great fun while it lasted, but there were (at least I reckon) too many restrictions to make things freely enjoyable, which is why it died off. Anyone bonding (or being bonded by) the other tower, should be aware their character will be under the rules and regulations of their new home, and the Dog Clause (which is to say Aes Sedai bonded during the watchers RP are the BT's B#$%#'s , and Asha'man bonded by Red are the WT's B'^#%%'s in a likewise manner)

Of course, the watchers RP had a lot of teething problems, being the frist major RP between the two Divisions. The other fact was that there was no clear layout for everything before the RP went ahead. As mentioned by Ata, the Realease of the Aes Sedai bonded by the BT never occured. As I wasn't hear at the time I can't say for sure (so correct me here if i'm wrong people), but I'm assuming a large part of that was there was still no agreement between BT and WT about the full details of the release in (I know for a fact it still hadn't been sorted when the Watchers RP first started. Heck, things were still being argued over when the first post was made, and by then it was too late to stop things >_<)

To be honest though, I doubt there will be such a problem with BT characters posting at the WT in respect to activity(assuming the afore mentioned Dogs Clause is adhered to:P). To be honest, you've got TWO divisions to play with. You and your Aes Sedai can have your RPs, but you've also got Access to the Warders for RPs as well. (Honestly, there's got to be at least one or two Warders/TG wanting to go toe to toe with an Asha'man >;-)) The question does still remain though about continuality. Are Asha'man still allowed to 'timewarp' RPs at the BT, whilst their character is at the WT? For the above reason I'd tend to steer away from it. Although with low membership numbers this could lead to a deserted BT if too many people want in on this :P

Since I don't know anything about the RP plans and details at the moment I'll stop here for now. :P

2) Cleansing the Taint.

Sounds good to me. I haven't seen the RP outline (no staff access anymore :'() But I doubt there will be any problems following this RP. Can't wait for it! :D  Curious to see about the BT/WT/SG involvement though ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has any progress been made with either RP event?  Covai brought up some really good points regarding the bonding.  We should really create an inter div discussion after the respective Div leaders discuss it so things are agreed upon well in advance.  I like Covai's dog clause as a general rule.  It would really be cool to have the two Divs working together in some manner.