DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attention all Members:

Far Dareis Mai

Guest Far Dareis Mai

There have been issues with the long meaningless threads created on the public board. This is no longer allowed.

From now on all SPAM related to increasing post count, little one word posts, stupid threads about nothing in general, and anything of that nature is to be done in the Hell board.

Those of you who hung out at the Home site know what I'm talking about, I expect you to guide the new members in telling crap spam from quality. Please treat this public board as you would the Inn of the Prancing Trolloc. Some spam is fine, 16 page threads of it is not.

Members who refuse to do this will be punished.

Have fun, and go to Hell! :D

easy split the treads that has been spammed, and the pure spam tread move them

hence making it easier for those who havent spent a lot of time on sg offsite when we had forums there...to distinquish what is defined as spam and what is not

then start a handfull of new topics like you want to see on this board, to get things going, and illustrate what you do want posted on this board

visible examples just the easiest way for people to understand what is defined as what

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Okay, I'll break it down in a rather cryptic way so that you can try and get what we are talking about here:

SPAM: Meaningless drivel that aims at no point, other than to post lots and the posts typically contain a couple words.

Spam: Witty banter, smart a$$ comments, general evilness, etc.

So if somebody actually creates a thread with a point (as in: Let's talk about being evil). I expect people to participate, with an appropriate dosage of spam. But if I check a thread and all I see is the SPAM content, I'm going to move it over to Hell, and you'll just have to learn through that I guess.

So, I'll start moving all threads over 12 pages to Hell, unless it's a game/activity, a picture thread, or something that is not SPAMed to Hell and is still being used for it's original purpose.

And yes, obnoxious ignoring of the rules will result in my deleting the threads--and some of your post count. I do realize that some of the newbies do not yet get what we're talking about, so that's why I haven't wielded my fiery sword of fury yet. :P

If you still have questions, you are more than welcome to always shoot me a pm, or Alaksuliel--our person in charge of the Newbies. :D

Guest Far Dareis Mai
What's the big deal?

The big deal is that attempts at conversation are being choked out by people who don't respect the people who create the threads, and SPAM them relentlessly. Members are avoiding this place because everytime they make an actual post that would illicit an actual response, they have to wade through 6 pages of crap SPAM to find the one response they were looking for.

What's the point?

Because this main board is the only board the rest of DM can see, and we'd like them to see something other than meaningless spam threads. If they want that, they can visit Fiddles. We are more than that, and so should be seen as such accordingly.

Why are your feathers all ruffled?

I wouldn't quite say feathers are ruffled. We are merely trying to point out the rules here, so that it saves the Ful's much grief later on. The fact that people sit around and argue about the rules (which are not going to change anytime soon), is enough to make anyone want to chop heads off with a dull cleaver.

Any more questions?

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Well I moved a lot of the long active threads over to Hell already, but since it's been happening so long, there are just more really long threads queueing up. So I think it's just going to take a little time.

Archived