DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everything you need to know about joining the WT Org (the split stuff)

JenniferL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

There is. We are considered the '8th Ajah' part of the White Tower, so that dispells any myths about there being a Black Ajah.

Join the usergroup for the WT and you'll see us tucked away inside, but hopefully that will change with time.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I just joined dragonmount yesterday and I've perused a few orgs. I joined the WT because it said you didnt need to be approved, so went ahead and did it. Plus my friend said its a great time in here. But i was wondering about the whole warder-bond thing. I know what the concept of it is(I've read a few of the books), and I looked at one of the bonding ceremony kinda thing posts for some people. But I'm just curious as to what exactly needs to happen. Like, how do I become a warder, and what do I have to do to be Bonded? I havent sent an email to that email address you mentioned for the newbie books or whatever either. COuld someone clear this up for me?

Becoming a warder is the same as becoming a Novice; just email the Mistress of Novices. You'll earn points just like a Novice and you'll be assigned a mentor!

Bonding is a very different thing here in WT than in the Books. Its much more about friendship and is seen as a decleration of a close relationship with someone. To Bond someone you post an annoucement; in this annoucement you can declare oathes to the person you are Bondings or act the bonding out. (Oathes are my personal preference) Once this is done you are Bonding.

But I would again say that Bonding is much more about friendship. You should bond someone you are close to and not just bond for the sake of it =)

I hope I managed to answer you questions!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lor ;)

Yeah that answered my questions, thanks. Only now it raises one more quickie: Since bonding on DM is more of a friendship thing, is it still only between a Warder and an Aes Sedai? or can you just bond to whoever you want, regardless of org affiliation?

You can bond whoever you want, sure! I would recommend feeling the other org out for how the feel about "bonding" before posting it in their forums, but most people around DM are (at the very least) familiar with bonding. In fact, most of them have some equivalent (the Band does Banding, for example and the Kin has Kinship bonds). Just feel 'em out before you go bond crazy. ;)

Oh, and you do need to e-mail me so I can get you a mentor and all that good stuff. ( thedmmonster@tiffanyfranklin.net) Your mentor will be a great reference for these kinds of questions, especially since most people around DM belong to more than one Org. :)

Come and post by the Warder boards, for one thing. *laughs* Beyond that, make sure to email Kynwrik and U4ea to let them know to get you on the proper list. And feel free to chat with the rest of us, too, and we'll help you get all settled in.

howdy, everybody! I'm Deathdealer, or Footman to members of the Band. I'm here to join up with the Warders, as I can't channel a lick. Hope to get in the good graces of everybody. If I can't do that, then I hope to get under everybody's skin and slowly take over their bodies. Or at least somewhere in between for a happy medium.

*laughs* May the Light bless us and keep us...

Welcome to the WT! :D You can't have mine, I think Peanut (the baby growing in there) might have a problem with it. Call it a hunch. ;)

Make sure you drop me an e-mail at thedmmonster@tiffanyfranklin.net. I usually do my updates on Sunday, but I'm thinking the boredom of sitting at home this week might attack me in the next day or so, so it could be sooner.

*blinks* What? It's an issue and I've already cleaned the house...

Archived