DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

57 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

The reason I think you’re predictions are very good is: 

A) We know Elaida has been cast in S3 and is a big-time Amazon actress, so she will play a significant role. 

B) They left us at the end of S2 with the beginnings of a real feud for Perrin, Bornhald, the Whitecloaks, and the Wolves — and with Fain fleeing and having a feud with Matt (thank goodness that’s finally getting back on track)

C) We got a little bit more of Aiel, the intro to Ji’eh’toh & the Carn’a’carn. We’ll definitely get more there. 

D) Moggy and the rest of the Forsaken being freed is the big cliff-hanger. Moggy is a creep with power who isn’t going to miss when she takes her shot at Rand. She’s gonna take a shot in S3 or their writing is bizarre. But we also need to meet more of the Forsaken. 

E) We know we have Camelyn and the Lion Throne as a set. I would think, then, that they’re going to have Rahvin & their going to change the Morgase plot to be a lot shorter - but their will be Elayne & Egwene & Avi & Rand relationship drama. And we will get Elayne’s brothers. So I too think we’ll get the iconic Matt fight in Camelyn. 

We need to see and care about Morgase before we see her corrupted by Rahvin otherwise there is a loss of emotional connection there. Having seen how dark they went with the Egwene storyline in Falme I am very excited to see much more creepy Rahvin compulsion on Morgase and others is played. I do not think this will be the likable Ishy vibes at all. 

8 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

We need to see and care about Morgase before we see her corrupted by Rahvin otherwise there is a loss of emotional connection there.

Agreed. And I think there's no better way to do that than via Elayne. Elayne brings her friends to Camelyn hoping her powerful mother will right the ship. Morgase at first seems inclined to help, but is compelled away from that decision by Rahvin. Could be really fascinating tv. 

2 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

I didn't take it as her 'naming him' but rather as an expression of her individual belief. In terms of what that does to the Rand/Avi relationship, I need to reserve judgment. But it will have ripple effects.

Fair enough. How do you feel about her individual belief that he is car’a’carn. To me, it doesn’t make “book-sense”. I don’t see how she, or any Aiel, would straight-up believe that at this point. However, this is the show and maybe they are foreshadowing? Maybe she is a dreamwalker and has already seen him 

Spoiler

arrive from Rhuidean with the markings

and recognizes him.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Fair enough. How do you feel about her individual belief that he is car’a’carn. To me, it doesn’t make “book-sense”. I don’t see how she, or any Aiel, would straight-up believe that at this point. However, this is the show and maybe they are foreshadowing? Maybe she is a dreamwalker and has already seen him 

Reveal hidden contents

arrive from Rhuidean with the markings

and recognizes him.

I mean in the books they have come into Randland to find him, that is why they are in tear, they declare him as that in tear, they declare themselves as his people. I don’t see how her expressing out loud what any Aiel looking at that would think was a massive stretch. 

32 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

I mean in the books they have come into Randland to find him, that is why they are in tear, they declare him as that in tear, they declare themselves as his people. I don’t see how her expressing out loud what any Aiel looking at that would think was a massive stretch. 

Car’a’carn? They declared him Chief of Chiefs right there in the Stone did they? No they did not. It’s more than semantics, they were looking for and believed him to be He Who Come With the Dawn. 
We will have to WAFO to see if they change the Rhuidean Prophecies in the show. Maybe HWCWtD isn’t a thing and prophecy says you will know the Car’a’carn when you see the fire dragon atop a rower . That would make sense.

Just now, Joe B said:

Car’a’carn? They declared him Chief of Chiefs right there in the Stone did they? No they did not. It’s more than semantics, they were looking for and believed him to be He Who Come With the Dawn. 
We will have to WAFO to see if they change the Rhuidean Prophecies in the show. Maybe HWCWtD isn’t a thing and prophecy says you will know the Car’a’carn when you see the fire dragon atop a rower . That would make sense.

I mean he who comes with the dawn is the same thing the same person, or at least has the potential to be the same person, he needs to pass the trial, but I think we are getting caught up with semantics here, all the titles mean chief of chiefs. 

26 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

I mean he who comes with the dawn is the same thing the same person, or at least has the potential to be the same person, he needs to pass the trial, but I think we are getting caught up with semantics here, all the titles mean chief of chiefs. 

They turn out to be the same person, but it is more than semantics. Arriving from Rhuidean at dawn doesn’t make a person Car’a’carn. We will just have to disagree.

It does seem like more adaptive changes are on the way in this regard. From an interview at https://decider.com/2023/10/07/wheel-of-time-showrunner-rafe-judkins-dragon-reborn/

“Well, we talked about Aviendha’s character in this moment. The important thing for her is seeing the proclamation of Rand and what he is and what that drives for her into the next season,” Judkins said.

Does this mean they wrote this way to set-up character development? 

1 hour ago, Elder_Haman said:

Agreed. And I think there's no better way to do that than via Elayne. Elayne brings her friends to Camelyn hoping her powerful mother will right the ship. Morgase at first seems inclined to help, but is compelled away from that decision by Rahvin. Could be really fascinating tv. 

and I expect them to expand on Elayne thinking Rand killed her mother, which fizzled out in the books 

5 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:

We need to see and care about Morgase before we see her corrupted by Rahvin otherwise there is a loss of emotional connection there.

I think we’ll see and care about Morgase with about the same number of minutes we were given to see and care about:

Uno, Ingtar, Masema, Hopper, Barthanes, Siuan, and what was that Yellow sisters name again? Is she still alive? 😉 

Or do you think they’ll somehow magically have more minutes for minor characters in S3? 

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

My take on it is that Avi believes Rand is the Car'a'carn and she will be advocating for him when they return to the Waste. She will be challenged by other Aiel, probably the Shaido but also the wise ones. Her arc will be sticking to her beliefs, I'm guessing.

9 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

I wonder if it’s going to look just like the wastelands around Fal Dara…or in Lanfear’s T’A’R…or around Falme…

might you be referencing how they’ve repurposed the “WT Hall Set” for about 3 other things & it was super obvious. 
I guess a million dollars just doesn’t buy what it used to… 

12 hours ago, Joe B said:

They turn out to be the same person, but it is more than semantics. Arriving from Rhuidean at dawn doesn’t make a person Car’a’carn. We will just have to disagree.

It does seem like more adaptive changes are on the way in this regard. From an interview at https://decider.com/2023/10/07/wheel-of-time-showrunner-rafe-judkins-dragon-reborn/

“Well, we talked about Aviendha’s character in this moment. The important thing for her is seeing the proclamation of Rand and what he is and what that drives for her into the next season,” Judkins said.

"he who comes with the dawn" isn't the designation of everyone who comes with the dawn. No matter how hard Couladin tries to push this interpretation.

It is part of Rhuidean prophecy. It is foretelling that person with dragons on both hands will come with dawn and that this person will be Car'a'carn.

2 hours ago, Ralph said:

That is such a fluffy interview that really goes into nothing, really hoping that we get some more detailed discussios at some point, I do disagree with most of Rafe's comments here. 

There is a writing conflict coming that they won’t bother to address but this far we’ve not had much bonding between Lan and Rand and, in fact, Rand has a rocky relationship with Moiraine.  Rand has had little sword training, really hasn’t said anything about his sword being his connection to Tam, and at this point doesn’t even actually had a sword.

Rand is about to be swept up in Aiel culture this coming season but this is also where they are going to introduce his sword training?  It will be fairly incongruous.

17 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

Rand is about to be swept up in Aiel culture this coming season but this is also where they are going to introduce his sword training?

I think it will begin early and continue throughout. Remember that book Rand often clashes with the Aiel over his preference for the sword and he never adopts the spear. But I suspect Lan will start training him and that the Rand/Lan relationship will be the buffer between Rand and Moiraine, who he will begin to distrust as wanting to control him. Remember, he's not had any time to chat with Moiraine after Siuan did what she did and he is going mad.

The season could end with Rand fighting Couladin, sword to spear, and killing him with a sword. That would be a satisfying arc to make Rand into a competent swordsman by season's end and give him a nice payoff. 

7 hours ago, Elendir said:

"he who comes with the dawn" isn't the designation of everyone who comes with the dawn. No matter how hard Couladin tries to push this interpretation.

It is part of Rhuidean prophecy. It is foretelling that person with dragons on both hands will come with dawn and that this person will be Car'a'carn.

Again, it is more than semantics. He isn’t Car’a’carn until the clan chiefs say so. I don’t care how pedantic this for y’all…I will die on this hill…at this point in the story, ain’t no Aiel saying “that’s my Car’a’carn right there” especially without the dragon tats. 
Of course, the show may change adapt things with the Aiel, because “the stone that never falls will fall to announce his coming”.

43 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

There is a writing conflict coming that they won’t bother to address but this far we’ve not had much bonding between Lan and Rand and, in fact, Rand has a rocky relationship with Moiraine.  Rand has had little sword training, really hasn’t said anything about his sword being his connection to Tam, and at this point doesn’t even actually had a sword.

Rand is about to be swept up in Aiel culture this coming season but this is also where they are going to introduce his sword training?  It will be fairly incongruous.

It is mentioned in TSR / FoH? that Rand spends an hour a day or so practicing the sword with Lan in order to prevent himself from getting swamped by the adoring Aiel, because they are repulsed by the sword. So I've thought since we didn't get it in Season 1 on the way to Aridhol that Rand wouldn't be learning the sword until the Waste.

50 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

It is mentioned in TSR / FoH? that Rand spends an hour a day or so practicing the sword with Lan in order to prevent himself from getting swamped by the adoring Aiel, because they are repulsed by the sword. So I've thought since we didn't get it in Season 1 on the way to Aridhol that Rand wouldn't be learning the sword until the Waste.

I don’t remember that but it would make sense.