DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

1 hour ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Forgive me if this was discussed previously, admittedly I haven’t had time to read every post in the thread. Do we think mins viewing of mat stabbing Rand means that he will be the one to deliver the fateful wound instead of pain? Presumably being reunited with the blade and possessed by it in some way? 

so I watched that scene multiple times…it’s another “clever” fake out. If you watch closely she doesn’t actually see Matt stab Rand with the dagger (the face of the person is turned away), she does see Matt lower Rand to the ground. They’re making you think it’s Matt, it’s really Fain. 

I’m confident that what they’re doing is showing you that just like with Aes Sedai telling the truth, Min’s viewings aren’t infallible even though they always happen (i.e what she sees isn’t always what she thinks she sees). 

22 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

so I watched that scene multiple times…it’s another “clever” fake out. If you watch closely she doesn’t actually see Matt stab Rand with the dagger (the face of the person is turned away), she does see Matt lower Rand to the ground. They’re making you think it’s Matt, it’s really Fain. 

I’m confident that what they’re doing is showing you that just like with Aes Sedai telling the truth, Min’s viewings aren’t infallible even though they always happen (i.e what she sees isn’t always what she thinks she sees). 

Ohhhhhh! Thanks for your response and for bringing that to my attention. I just watched that episode for the second time and still missed it. I was already going to watch the first 3 episodes again after this second watch but now I’m looking forward to applying this observation to it. Much appreciated!

29 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

Which matches the books, there are moments in the Dragon Reborn where she thinks that one of her visions has been "beaten" only to then see it come true. 

On 9/6/2023 at 11:48 AM, Scarloc99 said:

Which matches the books, there are moments in the Dragon Reborn where she thinks that one of her visions has been "beaten" only to then see it come true. 

Not in The Dragon Reborn - much later when she thinks Moiraine is dead so her vision of Moiraine marrying Thom cannot come true.  

7 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

I just realized something watching the "Everyday Negroes" recap of E3. Logain's talk with Rand about being able to see a glow around men who channel occurs right after the scene of the damane choosing out women from the crowd.

Smart writing.

And that particular damane came with Suroth and wasn't apart of the attack.  So it makes he seem even more special.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

Not in The Dragon Reborn - much later when she thinks Moiraine is dead so her vision of Moiraine marrying Thom cannot come true.  

Yes the Tinker who she sees is going to die, then thinks has avoided that fate thanks to Perrin, only to see her die anyway. Or it might be Perrin that thinks he has beaten the vision thinking about it? 

3 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:
On 9/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

Yes the Tinker who she sees is going to die, then thinks has avoided that fate thanks to Perrin, only to see her die anyway. Or it might be Perrin that thinks he has beaten the vision thinking about it? 

We do not see Min's POV at that point, only Perrin's.  She does briefly say that the tinker's scalp injury during the earthquake might fit the vision but it is not clear whether she believes it or is just calming Perrin.  When she is (much) later musing on a vision that she now thinks cannot come true it is due to thinking Moiraine dead.  That is after meeting Rand in Caemlyn.

On 9/7/2023 at 12:15 PM, Skipp said:

And that particular damane came with Suroth and wasn't apart of the attack.  So it makes he seem even more special.

I find this setup that seeing a glow around other channelers is a "talent" pretty cool. 

A few other things I hope they address: 

1. Are there "learners" vs "sparkers" ? This was essential to the Seanchan damane/sul'dam dynamic, so I hope it still stays and I suspect the lack of talk about this is a setup for later discovery. 

2. Alanna seemed to know Nyn wasn't embracing the source during the kitchen tutorial...so how do they know another woman is embracing the source? Can they see a glow, feel it, etc? 

3. Nyn appears to be able to see weaves, despite not being able to embrace the source. In the books, unless she was Angry she couldn't see weaves... I like this change too, it didn't quite make sense to me in the books. 

• RP - PLAYER

If Uno is dead, then he is not going to feature in the rest of the series. Probably, weird soul swapping notwithstanding.

So if someone else had died, they would also have needed his airtime to introduce that character. So Uno would not have featured at all. Here he can feature, and serve a plot point, and then at least has a reason for not being included later. Given that they wanted to kill someone in the scene, using a well-liked side character makes sense rather than a generic NPC and omitting the said well-liked side character. 

In my most humble opinion at least.

20 hours ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

If Uno is dead, then he is not going to feature in the rest of the series. Probably, weird soul swapping notwithstanding.

So if someone else had died, they would also have needed his airtime to introduce that character. So Uno would not have featured at all. Here he can feature, and serve a plot point, and then at least has a reason for not being included later. Given that they wanted to kill someone in the scene, using a well-liked side character makes sense rather than a generic NPC and omitting the said well-liked side character. 

In my most humble opinion at least.

I hate that they killed Uno, but I agree that as far as killing characters go, his is of lesser consequence other than being a fan-favorite.  Would it have been fun to at some point see him teaching Elayne to curse?  Sure, but major plot points are not altered by his absense.