DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What happened to Tam's sword?

torrente

I missed what happened to Tam Al'Thor's sword . . . it seems it was replaced by the fire-sword in book 3 but what happened to it? I haven't read all of TGH . . . I don't mind TGH spoilers, go ahead.

No spoilers after book 7 please.

*SPOILERS SPOILERS*

----

---

---

------

--------

------------

Rand stabbed Ba'alzamon with it and it melted down to the hilt and left his hand with one of the two Heron marks on his palms that he was destined to have. After that he uses the firesword, then uses Callandor for a bit. But now he uses Laman's sword and exchanged its jeweled hilt for a regular one.

*SPOILERS SPOILERS*

----

---

---

------

--------

------------

Rand stabbed Ba'alzamon with it and it melted down to the hilt and left his hand with one of the two Heron marks on his palms that he was destined to have. After that he uses the firesword' date=' then uses Callandor for a bit. But now he uses Laman's sword and exchanged its jeweled hilt for a regular one.[/quote']

Yeah this was my impression of what happened . . . I think RJ really needed to emphasize that the sword was gone . . . but anyway thanks.

Especially if you read the end of The Great Hunt were it says it was melted down to just the last foot of blade and hilt. I think that is a dead give away about what happened to it.

Yeah, I haven't read the 2nd half of TGH so that explains that.

Why would you go on to book 3 without finishing 2, or at least reading an outline to see what happens (not that I recommend such a thing for TGH)?

Anyway, if you haven't even finished the book, then you have no right to say, "I think RJ really needed to emphasize that the sword was gone." He did emphasize it. It's not his fault that you didn't read it.

Why would you go on to book 3 without finishing 2' date=' or [i']at least[/i] reading an outline to see what happens (not that I recommend such a thing for TGH)?

Anyway, if you haven't even finished the book, then you have no right to say, "I think RJ really needed to emphasize that the sword was gone." He did emphasize it. It's not his fault that you didn't read it.

Cool point taken. Actually I read book 4 first, then book 1 and then 5 and 2, then 6, then 3, then I finished 6 and now I intend to continue in chronological order though I must finish 2.

Yeah I read it in that order because I took Book 4 on impulse, and I started to read chronologically but I wanted to go back to where it all started in Book One.

Truth be told, I read a few pages of Book One years ago and was bored, probably because there was no indication of what was coming up and I thought the whole book might be about that two rivers festival they had. But when Book 4 seemed a lot more fantasy oriented I ran back to Book 1 and yeah it's one of my favourites.

I am now reading TGH and I just finished where Rand fights that seanchan lord with the heron sword. Probably my favourite action scene in the series to date . . . I just like the ideas of blademasters dueling for their respective lands. Awesome.

I even like Nynaeve in the latter half of TGH, probably cos I hate the Chan so much, and she really gives it to that bitch suldam.

I will finish this book today probably.

torrente, I feel your pain, mate. I get the books out of the library. I have read them all through once starting at A New Spring and going from there. I am now rereading them but my library has waiting lists for most of the books. I read New Spring followed by book 1. Then book 3 and then book 2. I am now back on track with book 4. If I hadn't read them through once before I would be totally lost right now.

• 1 month later...

I think I understand why RJ use's the thing with Rand and Tam, But I have always been of the oppinion that Blood counts less with Parentage than Love and care. One might be of another man and woman's blood but those who raise and love them are their true parents. A bit off topic but there it is.

Darth_Andrea

• 3 weeks later...

Cool point taken.  Actually I read book 4 first, then book 1 and then 5 and 2, then 6, then 3, then I finished 6 and now I intend to continue in chronological order though I must finish 2.

luck on the random approach 8). never read the first 2 till after 6, cos i didnt have them. it all works out :)

im gonna bet that Tam will barely recognize rand at first cause of how much he has changed. like his face is angular, dragons on forearms, silk clothes etc.

Tam probably got an ear full from Perrin at Zarine's rescue party.  Tam earned the sword so he's been around the block.  I agree, though, that he might not be best please with how his son has turned out.  That's a dad's viewpoint.  If my son could channel, that would be OK.  Sleeping with a curvasious seer woman?  I don't think so!  Hanging out with Sea Folk and Aes Sedai?  NOT!  Broke my heron blade fighting one of the forsaken?  Right!  What'd you do Rand, put it in hock to buy jewels for the princess?  And you're chasing after an Aiel woman, too, huh?  She'll cut your throat while you sleep, you wool headed buffoon!  You just better Travel your butt back to the farm this instant!  The place is still a mess from when Moraine brought all of those trollocs to get you to run off with her and Lan!  What?  He's married to Nynaeve?  Well, wait til the Women's Circle hears about THAT!!!  8)

Archived