DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you DO?

Karana Majin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alys, you'll get a kick out of this then. I had a request for an OSHA inspection of my warehouse, and while they were here, they checked out my forklifts for any saftey devices that had been removed or disabled. I moved the headlamps and turn signals to make them more visible, and the inspector never even checked the grommets or threaded holes to see if they had ever been used. The power of lack of experience in the RL at work, eh?

Zyrshnikashnu; I pity the winter you had this year. When does road repair season open up?

*uses mommy voice* did you be sure to get written consent from the manufacturer to make those adjustments???

the thing most people don't realise about OSHA is that if you check the top 25 citations they issue every year, most of them are the same from year to year. be sure you fix any of those areas, and, most likely, OSHA will walk out the door without giving you a citation. most of the things continually cited are the ones that cost less than $10 per employee. *mutters about stupid people*

funny that you should mention forklifts... that is the program that i am updating currently... *sigh* at least it doubles for work and school. our "thesis" is to write a mock safety manual for an imaginary company that has every possible hazard imaginable...

LOL, oh how I pity you. What classes of trucks does it cover? I've never really had a problem with OSHA, once every year or two they stop by and take a peek, about the same as the EPA, just means a day I get to spend playing shadow. Isurance inspections are by far worse than anything the government does, those guys can spot a bump in the floor 30 yards away.

the one i was writing? LP, but since the reg covers massive amounts of be safe... let me roll my eyes again. it took 8 hours to research and type and double check and be annoyed. fiddles didn't help much on the time scale.

if they come in every year... does that make you guys vpp or highly hazardous?

Guest Stefania Sedai

I have a BA in psychology (which helps me to understand you people) and I work with people with disabilities (which helps me to further understand you people). I'm married and I have a 3 and a 4 year old. (Alys, you and I should swap pics). I will hopefully soon be pursuing my Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling.

When I'm not making the sure the Blue Ajah isn't falling to pieces, I'm an A-Level Student doing History, English Lit and Philosophy and Ethics. I have 2 weeks of holiday now, followed by five weeks of school, followed by exams and then I am done. :D I can't wait!

In September, I am hopefully going to University to study History. After that, I would like to work in Museum Work or Archiving =)

I am Mother to 5, grandmother of 1, My olser 3 kids are from my first marrige and I have 1 step-daughter, our youngest son will be 12 in May.

My Husband and I own and run a Alarm Company Called Security I.D.E.A.S.

My Ideas of Fun is speedskating on a smoothe surface or a night out dancing to anything but HipHop or Rap or Country Music, If I could find a club that played 70 disco and 80 pop I would be happy :-)

When I'm not Hu the stableman, I'm a 60 year old retired computer programmer. I'm also a hotrodder, salt flats racer and bass player (blues and rock.)

Right now I'm on the road in Needles, Ca., on my way back toward the salt flats via central Nevada.

Ohhh...I'm also the webmaster at http://www.chevyasylum.com

May the Light illumine your path

Hu

I'm a senior financial analyst for a fortune 500 company. I've got degrees in accounting and business. I did it the hard way. I had a football scholarship out of high school but got kicked out after my first year. Way too much partying. I did the navy for five years then went back to school. Got married and had a kid along the way and I'm now pretty much your average overweight middle aged ex jock.

I was wondering when all the older folks would show up after all of those students in the beginning of this thread.

As for me, my official title is Senior Network Consultant, which really doesn't describe what I do at all.

I occasionally still go out on the road to clients to fix whatever dumb mistakes their original network designers made, but more often than not I'm in the lab, banging my head against a piece of software or network hardware (router, switch, firewall, IDS, IPS, UTM, you name it) that just won't do what it's supposed to do. Then I normally write training materials so that other people can keep their foreheads more or less intact. Every once in a great while they actually let me out to teach as well.

In my spare time, I'm a single guy who plays softball, darts, Warcraft, Thursday night bar trivia, reads a lot more than is probably healthy for him and is a huge Red Sox and Patriots fan.

In terms of education, I have bachelor's degrees in Political Science and History, which just goes to show you that what you do in college has absolutely no bearing on real life....

Dear God, this sounds like a personal ad, or something you'd read on a dating site.

hmm.. I'm a student too :x and I chose the wrong subject and the wrong school.. History in my local Uni College.. what I wouold have done if I was smart (something I'm not of course) I would have started a bachelor in either English, History (the real kind, not the fake kind i'm studying right now) or religion.. or maybe litterature.. and administraton and management.. hmm.. I dont know what I wanna be when I grow up :(

apart from that I have a bf.. been with him for almost 7 years now.. *sigs*

and ths summer I'm applying for a job at the norwegian embassy in Washingtn DC.. hopefully I'll get it..

I work sucurity for a U.S. nation retail chain.

I arrest bad people who try to steal. 8)

Ever see the little punk kids that run around wreaking havoc? I get to be mean to them and sned them away with the police. :twisted: Makes my day!

Archived