DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you DO?

Karana Majin

Guest Karana Majin

It's time for me to get my feel of the general pulse of DM. And there's lots of newbies, so it's always good to have one of these every now and then.

I'll start. When I'm not the Head of the Brown Ajah in my online fantasy world, I'm a high school science teacher. (Physics and Earth Science)

I have a master's in engineering and I am thinking about getting back into consulting on the side for extra money. Oh, and I have applied for a job as a lecturer at the local university, as the high school kids (and principal) have been getting on my nerves lately.

Next?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a high school student. But I'm taking Chemistry, not physics, so I'm not the one whose bothering you. I'm a ballet dancer, and I've been taking ballet for seven or eight years. I was just in Godspell, which is my favorite musical.

I'm a PHP programmer. I may be moving to Vegas near the end of next month. I just got a *really* good job offer out there.

I'm going to school for something medical, haven't decided what yet. I'm working on my prerequisites and have decided that the anatomy course I am in is like drinking from a fire hydrant.

While in High School I ran Track and Cross Country competitively. I was also on the Ballroom dance team. I haven't had much time for either sport recently, though, between full-time work and school.

That's me :)

I am a High School sophomore. I also take Chemistry (one of my favorite classes ever). I enjoy watching sports (especially football) and listening to rock music. I also enjoy reading fantasy and spending time with friends.

I want to become a fantasy writer.

Guest Barmacral

Currently I'm in second year of university for history. However, I plan to transfer somewhere to go into either Computer Engineering or to become an electritan. A past time for me is doing Historical Re-enacting, which is where I go camping at a public event dressed in period appropriate clothes, fight in battles and answer any questions the public has for me. The big thing about it is just looking good.

I'm a construction manager for money. When I'm not doing that, I'm either reading(winter), or helping run Summer Camps for kids, running a Low Ropes Challenge Course, or watching my friends kids run about at their various sporting events.

When not the Marshal-General of the Band of the Red Hand (ORG Leader), I am a second year university student. I am reading a Classics (Latin and Ancient Greek) degree. I am not too sure what job I want to do exactly once I graduate next year, but I hope it will be in the City of London, so I can earn some cash.

When not studying, I am an avid sports fan. I play rugby union and cricket, and have dabbled in hockey and football as well as fencing over the years.

Currently? Ummmm...

Follow the lines of text:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/sonofbattles/kaitava.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/sonofbattles/kait4.gif

WARNing:thisRRFiddlesBlind&UpsideD.

SIGLink:SMatt BarmX PPNeph(pkgCHIL) BRIKitTIG CPHorn MKad EMULoki FRToy CRey RRStef n00bessy

t? NewbieBN

BotRH FTW ~ MAFIAGAME@FIDDLES

And now just listen to me:

I live in Vancouver, BC. I always have & I always will. I've also lived in the following by extention: GMT & any NA-timezone, the UK & any MT-timezone, Japan, Africa, Mexico, Hawaii, Malai, China, HK. And I have confused myself with that list, too.

I just finished my first year at UBC. I was in Arts One, Psych 100, & Geog 100. I've been recommended for English Honours, and by extention of that will be connected to: Interdisciplinary Studies, Academic Advising, the AUS & the AMS, the Exchange Offices, etc.

I have no idea yet what I'm taking next year besides English Honours. I told them in my application letter that I'd decide after I was approved, on the day before school kicks up again. School starts officially on Sept.5 in Vancouver.

What else ... you don't care about work affiliations or other university ties, do you? If you do, email me: aiur_2001@hotmail.com & I'll send you a resume. Or two. Or three. I forget how many versions I have now; I can't remember filepaths too well yet =P

Are you joining the ACCA, battousai? My father's a member - after failing the ACCA entrance exams five times in a row.

hmmm...not too familiar with this organization, mainly cause its in the UK. Since I'm from Canada its slightly different here. But right now its still a long way till I graduate, so havent given it much thought yet. :?

Guest Cadsuane

I have a BS in psychology, and I do large-scale research and program evaluation in various areas of education, mostly early childhood or students with disabilities and other special needs. Most recently, a statewide initiative for young children and their families.

I am also a part-time interior design student, as of last August. ^_^

I am Zyrshnikashnu, but everyone seems to call me Zyr. Not sure why, really.

Here on DM, I'm an Attack Leader at the Black Tower, head of the Black Ajah in Shayol Ghul, and a member of the Illuminators.

The people at BT and SG are constantly bugging me to do this or that with PHP, because they can't be bothered to learn about it. :P

In life, I'm a senior in high school in New York State (class valedictorian, baby!). I'll probably be attending the University of Rochester for the next four years. I'll be majoring in Computer Science and I might minor in some sort of studio art.

Have fun stealing my identity.

Guest Cadsuane

I hate New York State high school transcripts!! I have to code them for one of our studies, and they are a pain in the tushie. Your govermnent and its fancy regents exams. *shakes fist* :evil:

:wink:

when i am not over in fiddles or d&d, i am a mom of two (or can hubbies count...) and a student. i am studying occupational safety and health so that the companies i will work for won't have to worry about big, bad OSHA. :roll: what i would really like to do is take this degree farther over into the epa than we are currently able to go, but i don't think i have that kind of time.

*wishes for more reading time*

Archived