DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OFFICIAL LOGO RELEASED - 2021 RELEASE CONFIRMED

Looks good to me! It's a nice design, I like how it spirals out, and the little effect with the W and M is neat. The font seems very much "generic modern fantasy font" and they're not really taking any risks with this, but no complaints here.

I'm hoping that this is a prelude to more preview/teaser content, maybe even a trailer to come soon. But who knows!

49 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

it's just a logo. it doesn't mean anything, either way.

we already were pretty sure that it would air in 2021, but it's good to have confirmation.

Sorry but I disagree with it doesn’t mean anything, a Logo is a major part of the marketing for the Show. Non Fans are going to start seeing it and many will become intrigued and one big factor WOT has going for it is a quite unique name. 
People are going to start asking what in blue blazes is a Wheel of Time? And will start searching.

I think the logo looks great - really like it.

The music is fine.  Don't hate it, but not particularly stirring either.  Hard to tell from such a short clip though.  Will know better when we hear the whole thing on the first episode!

Waiting patiently for an actual date.  We know it will be here in less than 6 months...

Absolutely love the logo! A brilliant, elegant, yet simple way to reimagine the infinite serpent (as a single, coiling loop which nonetheless appears to be devouring itself) and give a much-needed update to the static, 80's-lookin' book logo with the serpent woven inside the spokes of the wheel (which we all know and love, but I think needed a retooling for a modern TV retelling, IMO) and they nailed it.

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the snake's scales are smooth and orderly on one side and disarrayed on the other, a la Saidar / Saidin—great touch.

Now can we get some clever internet sleuth to calculate how long after a logo-drop Amazon usually takes to release a trailer?

On 7/1/2021 at 5:27 AM, Harldin said:

Sorry but I disagree with it doesn’t mean anything, a Logo is a major part of the marketing for the Show. Non Fans are going to start seeing it and many will become intrigued and one big factor WOT has going for it is a quite unique name. 
People are going to start asking what in blue blazes is a Wheel of Time? And will start searching.

i've been working in the detergent industry for a while. One of the first thing they told me is that what sells most about a detergent is the color and smell.

which, from a chemist perspective, is totally stupid. color and smell are caused by additives, they are only a few parts per million in the final product, and they have no impact whatsoever on how effectively the detergent will actually be at washing anything.

yet the average customer does not know chemistry, and they only can judge visual looks and smell.

well, i think the logo is the same thing. yes, it is a major part of marketing. yes, it has a large effect on getting people interested. especially people who don't know anyting about the show. yes, the people producing this show should put a lot of effort into it.

but as far as telling the quality of the show, the logo is meaningless.

as i am not the average viewer and i have already a deep knowledge of the wheel of time, the logo doesn't tell me anything new.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Beidomon said:

Looks like high value. I certainly couldn’t do that in MS Paint. But the dragon isn’t eating its own tail…. Maybe “in this turning of the wheel” the dragon doesn’t do that. 

It's "figuratively" eating it's own tail when you look at it from top-down, which actually works within the scope of infinity.

Logo looks good.  As I've read elsewhere...it's a bit reminiscent of the GoT house logos, in that it's a silvery medal medallion on black background.  Nothing wrong with it, but I'd have preferred the snake entwined wheel symbol. 

The music seems fairly generic.  One can hope they'll pull off the epic-level opening sequence GoT did.

That said, we're in the home stretch folks!  Can't wait to see Jordan's world brought to life.