DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[INTRO] Welcome PineTree!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: bah! I've been in enough RTSs to know that the archer dont actually cover retreats... thats usually a small part of an infantry detatchment or a mass cav strike to distract the enemy and becase the Cav can retreat away quickly.

Thats right 12th ... Rear guards in a fallback were always cavalry.. Why? Because the archers were the fastest off the field, because they were such a long range advantage. And because the cavalry could harry the opposing forces more effectively. Archers were only useful from long distance, once the enemy closed they were usually killed by the hundreds, because they had no armour and no close quarter weapons of much use against heavy infantry. And the French, if one reads history, cut the first two fingers off English bow men so they became useless, and who wanted a flamin archer as a prisoner that you had to feed..

:P unless they're cute but.... nvm... :wink:

yea Archers usualy pull back several times in a battle, they try to keep the enemy just within range and no closer, because bows lose they usefullness if you must shoot through your own infantry instead of over them... :P

works for me. easy to remember. tell you, my opinion seems to mean nothing in this Org.

the spiel is amazing, isn't it? you should be getting emails & PMs soon, too! not from me, since i'm still an RR myself. but do keep watching this thread; you'll keep getting welcomes here =)

um. only since forever.

*grins* ... the terminology is really confusing to an RR, but as a general rule - everything people say is a reference to something in the way the Band works. they are very committed to this Band they have created. you'll get it eventually. if i did, anyone can.

And the French' date=' if one reads history, cut the first two fingers off English bow men so they became useless, and who wanted a flamin archer as a prisoner that you had to feed..[/quote']

Which is why, legend has it, the two finger swear sign and the two finger victory sign was born...the English used to taunt the french by holding their two fingers up to show that they had still got them and could still shoot!

Archived