DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The casting thread

Barmacral

On 8/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, DemandredFO said:

@imladsome those may be good choices especially for Thom and Tam I have a feeling some of those won't appear at all or will be killed after their first or second appearance. Like Morgase, who should probably be killed by Rahvin or in Rand's attack. Other probably will be combined, Like Liandrin, Alviarin and Galina will probably be one person, with extras playing others as needed.

Also if Adrian Paul is who I think he is, all I'll be hearing whenever Tam is There Can Be Only One.

Yep, that's who you think Adrian Paul is, and he was so much better than Christopher Lambert.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, imlad said:

Yep, that's who you think Adrian Paul is, and he was so much better than Christopher Lambert.

Wait, Christopher Lambert is in the show? Who is he playing and how will the writers ever resist mangling the book's plot however much they must to havr his character get in a sword fight with Tam?

Bah, if I cannot not have that, then at least let him play Lan just for sake of that one line he says to Tam in AMoL.

The meta value alone would make doing one of these worthwhile no matter the narrative cost.

5 minutes ago, Zorlon said:

Wait, Christopher Lambert is in the show? Who is he playing and how will the writers ever resist mangling the book's plot however much they must to havr his character get in a sword fight with Tam?

Bah, if I cannot not have that, then at least let him play Lan just for sake of that one line he says to Tam in AMoL.

The meta value alone would make doing one of these worthwhile no matter the narrative cost.

oh gods I hope they don't cast Lambert! He ruined the HIGHLANDER movies in my opinion (even though I loved watching those flicks). I prefer HIGHLANDER THE SERIES over the movies, and Duncan MacLeod over Connor any day. And that accent! *shudder*

Morgause needs to be a major star.  She isn't in the series enough to not use her as a chance to have a big drawing name for the role.  

I say Nicole Kiddman.  She's a major star, and almost everyone's dream actor for the role. 

Sony and Amazon have been willing to splurge on big names for important minor roles in the past.  And she could serve as a spokesperson for the series, and do interviews to promote it as well.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, DemandredFO said:

That's what we mean, Morgase will appear two or three times and then I advocate the approach of being killed by Rhavin or in the crossfire of Rand and Rhavin. The whole fleeing to the whitecloaks, assaulted by Valda and fleeing to Perrin is too complicated.

It's also a MeToo moment when you think about it.  Also, given the fact that they are going to have to adapt the material somewhat, depending on the actor you want you could expand the role.

All I have to say is that if when they announce the big three casting, I presume here, tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed. I think it's more likely if they announce Nyneave's casting tomorrow, maybe someone I vaguely heard of would do seeing as how complex she is. If they cast anyone Hollywood famous, like for roles that appear only a few times, they'd probably do it then. Also Rand better be the tallest one.

If my wishes about the casting would come true, the show would be bankrupt pretty fast. 

Lan = Mads Mikkelsen

Lanfear = Eva Green

Thom = Peter Capaldi (Hugh Laurie would be brilliant and he can sing, too!)

Ishamael = Billy Zane (I KNOW!) 

I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with what ever they come up with, though. Those are just the ones I pretty much have in my head while going through the books. 

• Community Administrator

I can see Rand, Mat, & Perrin. Just not Nyneave so much, but here's hoping her acting is good! 

Also, I've Never heard of these actors before. :wink:

Edited by SinisterDeath

1 minute ago, Polskija said:

So far I like what I'm seeing. Young actors/actresses that look the part. 

I'm especially happy for Madeleine Madden as Egwene and Barney Harris as Mat. 

Here's a short clip from Barney's IMDB: (WITH THE BLOODY HAT!)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6905444/videoplayer/vi1536015385?ref_=nm_ov_vi

Wow. That whole possession thing gives him an edge on playing Mat!

Image may contain: 1 person

I just had a brilliant idea.
I think the fans should send Josha (or Rafe Judkins to give to Josha), a ton of tiny little boxes with a little card that says "Think outside the box".
I think it would be a hilarious story for him to tell, him being all confused about why he keeps getting all these little boxes. :wink: