DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The casting thread

Barmacral

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honesty think that going with a "lead character" is a bad idea.  That's not the type of story Wheel of Time is.  There isn't one single character where the story focuses. 

They should avoid having a single "main character" and do the show like Game of Thrones, where there are multiple primary characters, with different story arcs that are all treated as main characters.  I mean, if they focus so much on having Moiraine as the fucus of the show, they might end up deciding to cut out many important things that don't focus on her.   

That is Mads Mikkelsen. He played Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the TV show Hannibal. While there are other good choices, Mads just has those hard planes to his face, and he can be considered by many women, but not all women, to be handsome. He really looks batshit dangerous and that's what Lan is!

I do like Lan having ice blue eyes. How important is that to you guys though? Can they change his eye color with contacts or cgi?

First post back on these forums in forever, but that's tv show hype for ya.

One character I've not seen mentioned yet, obviously not a presence in the first season unless they want to get all the forsaken introduced early (which I'd be down with, way too many of them appear as one-off "end of book boss" then nearly immediately die, which doesn't exactly make the Shadow look good/threatening) but anyway I'm talking about Asmodean, of course. And who else to play him but Tom Ellis:

8 hours ago, nessarra said:

That is Mads Mikkelsen. He played Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the TV show Hannibal. While there are other good choices, Mads just has those hard planes to his face, and he can be considered by many women, but not all women, to be handsome. He really looks batshit dangerous and that's what Lan is!

I do like Lan having ice blue eyes. How important is that to you guys though? Can they change his eye color with contacts or cgi?

I think he looks great!  How tall is he? Leave his hair down and add a hadori- just about perfect. We are told his face is "all hard planes and angles" AD NAUSEUM, so that's really important to his imposing looks. To me, the ice blue eyes are also important. Just a look from those eyes should be enough to make your legs turn to jelly. He's such a hard man that we should be surprised that he could have such deep feelings for Nyaneve.

If they choose not to stress the ageless Aes Sedai face too much, I think Kathy Bates would be fabulous as Verwin Sedai.

I know nothing about film making, but I wonder if they can use filters to diminish the look of wrinkles and blemishes like they can in photography. Then they don't have to rely entirely on makeup, although film make up artists can do wonders!

• 1 month later...

I think the first casting will be for Moraine, Lan and Siuan Sanche. I believe the series will begin twenty years before the Eye of the World begins, when Moraine and Siuan Sanche realize that the Karaethon Cycle prophecies have begun and the Dragon is about to be reborn.

You could probably have better known people for the recurring roles who don't appear that much to draw viewers. Also, if they're using the wolf brother stuff then you should have a better known to play Elyas to help the audience understand. Not saying Jeff Bridges but a name would help people suspend disbelief far enough for the wolfbrother stuff

On 6/4/2019 at 4:42 PM, DemandredFO said:

You could probably have better known people for the recurring roles who don't appear that much to draw viewers. Also, if they're using the wolf brother stuff then you should have a better known to play Elyas to help the audience understand. Not saying Jeff Bridges but a name would help people suspend disbelief far enough for the wolfbrother stuff

Forgive me.  No one has said it yet:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

xD

22 hours ago, DemandredFO said:

@MaedelinI don't know what that means except with all the punctuation you mean to be insulting so 

Abusive language isn’t tolerated here. Please edit it. Thank you.

Edited by Verbal32

On 5/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, SGT She-Wolf said:

Can I have Jeff Bridges as Elyas? Please???

Try someone who can actually speak with an appropriate accent.  He is from Tear (Spanish)

OMG You know who would be perfect?  The Most Interesting Man in the World!

Image result for most interesting man in the world

22 hours ago, DemandredFO said:

@MaedelinI don't know what that means except with all the punctuation you mean to be insulting so 

I wasn't trying to insult you.  I was quoting the line from The Big Lebowski.  It was meant as a joke and it wasn't taken that way.  I'm very sorry.

Edited by Verbal32

You don't need to apologize, he was being the jerk.  I've edited his posts and the ones where he was quoted.

@DemandredFO an apology to Maedelin would be a solid idea, as the comment was quite literally a movie quote and in no way offensive.....even in context of the movie.

That's a good idea as long as they're as fair as Li is. She looks like a great Moiraine. She was good in "The Meg" (not my kind of movie but hubby has watched it a few times). Based on that and her eyes, I think she could project Moiraine's serenity and wisdom. I think the hardest part about playing Moiraine will be having her strong presence even though she's of short stature.

Here's a great picture:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0508356/mediaviewer/rm106180864

@Dagon Thyne Can he act? I don't remember Elyas being from Tear. Do we learn that early on, or later?