DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's pipe?@& spoiler from the last page of the last book.

Sururi

I almost believe the last chapters in the last book are written in hurry and skipped so many explanations or wait was it intentional?( dont think so).

For example, can you 1.explain how in the light did Rand light his pipe? He tried to use saidin or saidar but did not work then he just wished and it happened. 2.Did he happened to be sth. Like DO or creator by mixing the 3 powers? 3.So is he almost immortal like ashamans and aes sedais? First I thought he changed hall nature of the powers so that aes sedais and ashamans would use the same way but it seems that nynaive and others which tried to heal him used their same old power in the same way.so he must have only changed his power.

Edited by Sururi

I believe BS said RJ wrote the last pages and intentionally left it vague.  Since that was RJ's style to not tie up every lose end or explain everything.  Most assume it has something to do with his stepping out of reality for a time to battle the DO and more than likely he burnt himself out using all of that power.  Even for Rand it would of been impossible for him to change the powers or create a new power.  Chances are that the stepping out of reality allowed him to pick up a way to manipulate the pattern.

I wouldn't say "spoiler" and put the spoiler itself in the title. Perhaps if you edit it to say "Rand's pipe", that would be better.

And RJ did write the last parts of the book, we know that for sure. He intentionally left it vague. RJ doesn't like hand-holding his fans :p Plus, it leaves us with some excitement and speculation as the series ends!

Edited by Jagen Sedai

1 hour ago, Jagen Sedai said:

I wouldn't say "spoiler" and put the spoiler itself in the title. Perhaps if you edit it to say "Rand's pipe", that would be better.

And RJ did write the last parts of the book, we know that for sure. He intentionally left it vague. RJ doesn't like hand-holding his fans :p Plus, it leaves us with some excitement and speculation as the series ends!

Thanks for the advice :)

And even if he burnt himself, did he burn also his new body? I got a hint from that he combined all three forces including the dark power and they become a new one, maybe this new power does not require any channelling...

You know, it occurred to me that it's very possible Rand is like Aviendha's children from her vision... We know they're going to be able to channel always; they're always connected to the Source; perhaps that is now Rand's situation....

13 hours ago, Jagen Sedai said:

You know, it occurred to me that it's very possible Rand is like Aviendha's children from her vision... We know they're going to be able to channel always; they're always connected to the Source; perhaps that is now Rand's situation....

Good point

I always felt that Rand's new power was literally the power of the creator, just like Moridin literally uses the power of the Dark One.

There is plenty of evidence of Rand being able to literally create and alter realiity. 

1; Him restoring the DO's prison and fully sealing the bore

2; The apples in the apple tree in the prologue of TGS magically appearing even though the tree was dead and barren.  

So, he lost his ability to touch the One Power, but was given access to an even greater power.  Now he can just think of something and it becomes reality.

The reality around him shattered again into ribbons of light. Nynaeve’s face shredded, coming apart like lace with a loose thread. The ground disintegrated, and the fortress ceased to exist.

Rand dropped from bands of Air that had never been completely there. The reality the Dark One had created, fragile, unwove into its component parts. Threads of light spiraled out, quivering like the strings of a harp.

They waited to be woven.

Rand drew breath, deeply, through his teeth and looked up at the darkness beyond the threads. "I will not sit passively and suffer it this time, Shaitan. I will not be captive to your nightmares. I have become something greater than I once was".

Rand seized those threads spinning about him, taking them—hundreds upon hundreds of them. There was no Fire, Air, Earth, Water or Spirit here, these were somehow more base, somehow more varied. Each one was individual, unique. Instead of Five Powers, there were thousands.

Rand took them, gathered them and in his hand held the fabric of creation itself. Then he channeled it, spinning it into a different possibility.

Rand learned how to weave the Pattern itself while battling the Dark One.

Edited by solarz

9 hours ago, TheSociopath said:

The one power is literally the power of the creator.

No, it's seperate.  The Power Rand was using could be used by either gender, like the True Power.  I think that Dark One and Creator both get their power from the True Source, but their own versions are wholly seperate than the One Power as the world knows it.