DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I want to raise my Skill score...

Jagen Sedai

I'm trying to figure out which classes or lessons I can do to raise my OP Skill Score (I know females can raise it by 3 points), or if one is an AS, can one can do RP threads (in which the OP is used) and this raises the score? I couldn't find this info on the WT website.

I was also looking around the boards, but no luck >_>

It's certainly something that was allowed, to raise Skill by 3 points maximum. It's mentioned on the WT website. But not with any details. I've not personally seen it done and I don't know any more about it than that it's possible. Hopefully Kat will know more.

I’ve never seen someone do it. I suppose I’d want to see why they want it (is there a weave they want to do but can’t because their score limits them? Character development of pushing through to do something they didn’t think they could? Rp planned that would realistically push boundaries and make it happen?) 

not it sure the practical part of what would been to be done ic for it. I know upping weapons score is mapped out but I have nothing on upping OP. 

I think, and i'm probably wrong, I'd offer that it allowed people to .. "take" some control of their OP scores since a) No one could choose their OP, it was assigned and b) it rewarded those that would teach classes to new people and would actively use the one power in their threads and not just story and drama.

Honestly.. I think it would be revolutionary nice to submit a "wish list" for an OP score, instead of assigned. The strict rules on OP/WS/Talents is reflective of a much more active time where things were abused. Being able to raise a SKILL by 3-5 would be... amazing.

I'd tend to agree that members abusing the privilege was part of it, but suspect there was more to it than that.:smile: It probably also had a lot to do with a) making Staff's job easier by having a simple way to create and assign scores and b) did away with any chance of accusations against Staff of favouritism and similar because it's completely random.

It's not so much that people don't do it any more. That makes it sound like a deliberate choice. There just hasn't been anyone who's wanted to, again with activity being low, so it's fallen into disuse. I think the last time was around 2007.  

At this point in time, given how few people there are, I'm sure that if someone can justify their wishes to Kat, she'll be as flexible and accommodating as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Not until I finish the last book and can read the discussion thread. I'm about half way through it or just over. I'm time limited this week as my other half was taken into hospital last Friday and is now on sick leave, so until he's recovered and back at work next week, DM's taking a back seat. I'm only checking in here for vital jobs/required responses. I haven't forgotten about it though.

Thanks, ladies. Appreciate the patience and understanding. And you're right, Jagen, it's very exciting.:smile: I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. The story's moving at a much better pace. 

• 4 weeks later...

I remembered you could get a Weapons Score (WS) for your Aes Sedai if you did a training RP with one of the warders. Not sure about OP skill score though. I had always assumed OP skill limitations are part of what you have to shape your character around :)

Well, yes. Life kinda happens in that regard. :) I get the busy life thing. I'm barely finding time to post these days myself. 

But yes, absolutely! I have all new WT characters, though Cairma is certainly floating about.

@Sherper agreed, it's def. more fun to RP around your character's OP limitations

@Arie That's exciting - new characters are great! I still have Saline (red) and Lillian (white) who can join in Cairma's open thread in the Yard but I feel like I also had a warder trainee character who will fit the situation better. Do you know if we have to go through a process to join RP's or can we jump right in where we left off?

Need to catch up to what's acceptable since been gone for years

you and i Both. (Cairma and Conor don't even really have official WS's. XD)

Carraidhin is Red, and I have a Novice.... who's going Blue. But she could use a positive influence to not walk out of the tower.. because yeah. entitled a little. XD I'll be happy to take on a jump on the open thread. and start something too. 

If i can finish this massive to-do list I have for the day.. (of which i'm at the 80% mark.. given the list, it's impressive) I'll try and get something up for you, and reply to Jagen. 

Probably with the relation to old Rps and New, a transitional RP is probably good once your character Bio's are re-approved. :D @Chaelca

Edited by Arie