DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gustatory Delights

LadyWordsmith

My husband made fish and chips last night. He bought some cod from a recent fish market. I really loved it. The batter was light and that's what made it very good. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mouth is watering looking at that pie. Looks yummy. I can almost smell it too.

I don't have any pictures, but I made a really good chicken cordon' bleu the other night. I did some herb crushed potatoes and green beans.  It was enjoyed by all who ate it which surprisingly was not just hubby and me.  Hubby gave a ride to a couple and found out they are new to town and staying with a friend. So, we fed them dinner too. 

5 hours ago, Ryrin said:

Leftovers! 

Yes, but mac and cheese for 2 days straight when hubby goes on shift is no fun. It is one of my favorites, but eating just that gets rough. I am trying really hard not to have much in the way of leftovers. 

20 hours ago, Minuet said:

Yes, but mac and cheese for 2 days straight when hubby goes on shift is no fun. It is one of my favorites, but eating just that gets rough. I am trying really hard not to have much in the way of leftovers. 

I cook enough for 2 meals for the family, then freeze half for quick warm-up next week or so. Usually I will cook a few meals over weekends especially, to freeze half for a weekday when I don't have much time to cook.

That is what I should do. I did freeze some yummy spaghetti from last week.  I did portions for just me for when Hubby is on shift. He can't have a lot of stuff with tomatoes so it worked out nicely. 

On 7/18/2018 at 10:03 AM, Elgee said:

I cook enough for 2 meals for the family, then freeze half for quick warm-up next week or so. Usually I will cook a few meals over weekends especially, to freeze half for a weekday when I don't have much time to cook.

Now that's a smart thing to do.