DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

Chuckles, Why did you pick Tina as a "lurker"? I am pretty sure even without looking that there are others with fewer posts and less input given. You replaced Lessa right?

Hallia, Did I miss something? when did Dap get confirmed as town?

AH, you aren't confirmed town. I don't think you are town at this point. I was making a point that even if someone is town they can still be wrong.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I'm distracted ATM, but tonight ill give this a case

Talya I stopped going after you cos of your claim (that was you wasn't it? I remember it being you)

Now des I can get behind

vote despo

Also RTE, this is what Turin does as a mason

A lot more thoughts coming in a second, but uhmmm... When was Dap confirmed as town again?!?!?!

@Dap: I never said you were town, I have no idea where you got that from

Oh and I got a doozy for y'all as well :myrddraal:

Some very good points made above...

I wanna look at this from another angle...

(btw I used the search function for this so I'm not sure if everything's in exact date/time order, not so important anyway)

Firstly: Tiinker, Scummyman the White

Tiink started out on the Darthe train, also defending Talya quite a bit. Expressed his interest in hopping on a Basel train.

Another thing to note is AH's desperation to keep Darthe in the game.

I didn't notice any desperation in Heart to keep him in the game, just caution, and here was Tiink trying to poke suspicion onto someone else again. I've gotten a strong town vibe off Heart till now, I'm not saying I'm sure but I'll take posts like these to affirm my feeling for now. Similarily:

What about clouds hammer?

More obviously suspicious but you're right still up there.

Diggin' at Dap.... who I'm still pretty sure he's town.

Hm. Darthe was right though. Time to analyze lynches. EP, RTE, WBK are suspect imo.

Thoughts why?

Just on lynch positions. Easy enough to sign up to be on the lynch train near the end. 

I didnt think the Darthe lynch was a good idea but honestly, I'm glad it's over with. 

After all the arguments made, can you elaborate why did you think it wasn't a good idea? This just seems like a classic obtaining town cred after the lynch is already achieved pointless comment.

First, some banter among the mafia team, which we know now, but eh. Tiink was FoSing EP on a minor matter, an attempt to distance himself from another scum member... but look who else he casts his suspicion on. The question is, would a scumster make the blunder to mention all of his team in one like this? :P Maybe it's safe to say two of them could be mafia, one town.

...wait, how many mafia are left?? Do we know that?

Then, digging at Tig a little.

Ssssooooo.... that was it from Tiink, and I think maybe his "suspects" might be a good way to look at. You are a liar, Saruman, and corrupter of men's hearts. :P

EP post thoughts coming, not sure if I have time till I have to go to work but I'll try. :)

Nya that was the beginning of N1. I still think that it was a sign to the mafia so they could recruit him. hence EP may not have known that Tiink was mafia.  His coroner did NOT show him as recruited. iirc normally when a symp gets recruited it will show as Symp recruited to mafia. In Tiink's case I would have expected something Like:

Tiinker, Saruman Mafia Symp recruited to mafia 1x recruiter with GF possibility.

Ok well first of all I'd like to know why Hally thinks Dap is confirmed town, considering I never saw that and he's high on my scum list. Second, although I think Talya is town now, and pretty strongly so, she hasn't been confirmed yet either. So Hally, I haven't really gone after any confirmed townies so far this game (Basel and Darthe are the only ones truly confirmed, and neither of them pinged to me). Plus, I didn't start out this game with a list of who the mafia was, so the fact that I initially was suspicious of Talya, even tho I now believe her to be town, doesn't make me scum. At the time her actions pinged most to me, but overall I feel I have been making a lot of fairly good attempts at scumhunting. As for EP, I stand by what I said, I don't really like joke votes on him because for a long time he was a fairly easy lynch. I feel this way regardless of how he has played in that particular game, because I honestly try not to focus on EP that much since when town his actions often distract town way too much, and when scum he's actually pretty good at inserting wifom.

Now for the doozy: I have reason to believe that mafia targeted me with their kill last night. This is because I have a 2-shot commute ability, the second of which I used last night, and lookee what happened there was no kill. So why would the mafia would have wanted me dead? Conventional wisdom is that I was either too hot on their tails, or that I was sniffing up the wrong skirts and they thought my death would implicate some townies.

Now, considering what I've seen from a couple of people that were high on my scumdar recently, I'm pretty sure it was the former. Dap said vurry recently that he "wasn't so sure about me anymore", and AH recently surmised that the interaction between me and Dap may have just been "townie on townie" violence. Considering that I was their next target for a NK and they know I'm town, I think this was both an attempt at earning town cred on Dap's part, and a way of trying to clear Dap somewhat when I flipped town on AH's part.

So yeah, once again I'm pretty sure Dap is mafia, and that AH is his buddy (they had some minor distancing type posts yesterday).

Vote Dap

I'll have to add my other thoughts later on, we're about to start audit right now.

Rereading, this was staring me in the face.  How did no one notice Despo?

Quick thoughts, I'll try to add more later on:

Darthe's Miller claim: I think BG was saying it's either you telling the truth and that you're a miller, or you're lying and most likely mafia, so it's sorta a 50/50 situation, assuming we can't trust or distrust you. I think you (Darthe) were jumping the gun a bit by saying he had the percentages wrong, when you knew what he was basically saying. That being said, I also don't like BG's idea of "just speedlynch Darthe cause losing a miller isn't as bad as losing a vanilla". While technically true, we really shouldn't speedlynch ANYONE day 1, as that removes chances to get mas info for the rest of the game. Day 1 is for info gathering. I realize he never said speedlynch, but his immediate vote and stated reasons kinda imply he'd be cool with that. So basically, I don't really wanna touch Darthe's early claim atm, and slight FOS on BG.

I really don't like this quick train that's building on Basel. His vote didn't really stand out that odd to me at all, and there were a few others who cast votes on Cloud that aren't getting any attention really. Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train. I also really like what he said recently bout the Cloud "joke vote". A joke vote is usually just silliness alone, don't usually see them reference someone else's case, unless they put "case" in joke quotation marks or something.

Strong FOS @ Dice for his "so if we lynch player X and they're town, you okay with being lynched the next day?" comment. Extremely manipulative and attempting to direct future lynches.

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

This however, is prob the strongest ping for me so far in the game (although I have been skimming somewhat due to time constraints). Underlined emphasis mine btw. Just a really really scummy line. Throwing out generic "some mafia are probably involved in this discussion" just reeks of trying to stir the pot while not clearly coming down on one side of a discussion.

Unvote, Vote Talya

Now knowing that Tal is town, he happily follows EP on the voting for her, tunneling pretty exclusively.

(this makes no sense, its the same like if you lynched a townie cuz you found the person scummy makes you scum)

^^^^ makes me feel even better about my vote on Talya

Continues

(standing by his vote)

Ok..back from cloudflare hell. 

Quick thoughts on my first scum/town impressions.  These aren't strong reads..just after a very fast catch up on the game.

Town:

BG

Darthe

Cloud

Scum:

EP

Talya

Dice

I see I'm not the only one  

Just tried catching up really quick, was skimming tho so I'll have to reread tomorrow.

AH and Dice have def risen up my scumdar. Still think the case on Basel is weak. Ignoring Darthe's claim cause he tends to always wanna make day 1 just about him if he has some kind of juicy role, it's an EP-like move that I don't like so I'm putting it aside for now. Quit bringing it up Darthe.

I still think Talya's "there's prob mafia amongst all those involved" is EASILY the biggest ping of the game. Really surprised there isn't more heat on her.

Nudging on Tal still

(agree with this)

What up Tiink!

I'm still abreast of this game, will add some more detailed thoughts later but catching up on the other gigantic mafia game I'm in fried my brain a bit.

I still think more of you should look at Talya.

More of the same

(and this)

Darthe you are being very annoying

Not even annoying, a tool

This.

And I have seen a lot that intrigued me so far incidentally, guess you haven't been paying attention. Talya is still highest on my scumdar, once I get finished playing l4d I'll make a more detailed case on her

The bolded below shows Despo defending EP while trying to remain neutral.

VOTE EP 

Just because...

Comes in with a "joke vote" on EP. Not a fan of joke votes on EP, since he's such an easy player to get lynched because of his playstyle, and a mafioso on his lynch early can jump off after it picks up steam and claim they were joke voting, and try to buy townie cred that way. Not saying I think EP is town btw

Now this quote has been brought up a few times by others, and Talya has tried maintaining recently that she wasn't defending Basel... just freaking read the quote. She isn't just asking AH for reasoning, she outright says she doesn't think Basel's comment pings. That's defending mate. Please don't turn this into a squibbling match about what is and isn't defending.

The biggest reason why I think Talya is scum however, is the part in bold. Here's how I read that statement.

"There's a bunch of people arguing over something inconsequential. There could be mafia on either side."

Talya, if this isn't what you meant, let me know. But for now it looks like you were just casting out a generic "there's prob mafia out there guys" statement that is just trying to be as neutral as possible.

If you thought mafia was pushing the Cloud vote not being a joke vote angle, you wouldn't have said "amongst ALL those involved". Just looks like you were trying to look like you were scumhunting without actually committing to anything.

And this jives right along with your tendency to defend just about anyone that gets in the limelight this game, you don't want to actually come out in support of a lynch that ends up bagging a townie, so you'd rather try to earn townie cred instead.

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it. 

Defends Darthe, and I don't like the "he is out there and we know".... we DON'T know yet tho. We can only speculate. Could just be poor choice of words tho.

@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning.

Ah, well, the opening post was a garbled mess when I saw it. And I wouldn't expect him to claim anyway. I'm just saying a third party miller claim would be a great fake claim even if he weren't mafia. 

He could well be, but I would rather go for Mafia than go for third party at this stage. There is another option for Miller (and a town one)...if you think about it you might get there. 

You do seem to be pushing hard on this. 

Now, I have never said that I didn't think we should lynch a claimed Miller. I just didn't wanna speedlynch day 1. Imo, the perfect setup for today would have been to get pressure on a few people, get some info, then lynch Darthe right before the deadline, as that wifom just won't go away. Talya on the other hand, seems to not want to go for him at all for now. The only players that would benefit from a miller sticking around for a while is mafia, really.

@ Turin, When I read it it looked like a joke, I didn't see it as anything else. When people jumped on it I didn't see what they saw about it. However it doesn't mean I think Cloud is town. Heck, I would love to lynch him just for the Doc claim in the last game. I just saw something different from others. This game would be pretty boring if we all saw the same thing. 

Mafia straight up DON'T joke vote. Even if they think it's a joke vote, it's not, cause there is some kind of reason that they voted that person instead of just not "joke voting: at all.

Therefore, imo if you're defending Cloud's vote as a joke vote, you are basically thinking it unlikely that he's mafia at that point. And besides, why would you defend someone if you still thought they could be scum? The only people I EVER defend are people that I have townish reads on.

EBWOP, further note to Talya: it would have been more effective if you had chosen one or the other between defending me or attacking the case on Cloud. Doing both at once just comes off as awkward and contradictory, like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

don't know what EBWOP, don't like acronyms... :p however, not defending you and that you have jumped on the bandwagon in thinking I have makes you look like you are trying to jump on what others have said to get a lynch. I didn't choose to do either, I saw how things were. I asked AH to explain her 'ping' tis all...Couldn't see what she was getting at. So at the moment I'm suspicious of you in fact. 

Even Basel himself questions why you defended him, and suddenly you're suspicious of him? :rolleyes:

The only thing that caught my eye about Tina, was her bit where she said something similar to knowing Cloud was joking, at the end of the day, it's all about perception and you can't know how someone meant something only your interpretation. I'm hesitant on anything else, because at one point in games I always found her actions mafia and she was town, so a little cautious. I've been like that with Hally lately as well. 

As for people saying I'm sitting on the fence a bit, I find AH's statement on Cloud to be exactly that. Leaving something open if she wishes to choose and to say she thought something was there. I still found her vote on Basel a little over the top. There really didn't seem that much in her post and to suddenly say we would get most info from him...this I could understand after a couple of trains had gotten going, everyone had been chipping in, but they haven't. Then she brings me into that info...I see it as a bit of leap this early on day 1. 

Basel grabbing the idea I was defending him, because I asked for more from AH, made him look odd to me, he was really pushing it. (that's how it came across). 

Do we have a vote count, I can't remember who has what votes...

We need more people to join in...

The thing she brings up about AH in the second paragraph is deflecting, she never explains how she wasn't fence sitting, instead just chooses to try directing focus on AH's fence sitting. Not a good defense imo.

I didn't defend anyone though. I might not think that someone is the way to go at that time, or quite a few people at that point. But based on that Train (or whatever you want to call it) I didn't think there was enough info to say who was town or who was mafia, so I let it roll. I wouldn't (on just that train) go for any of them. It was Basel's reaction afterwards and the way he jumped on what other people had said, how he protested that I was defending him so much, go back and read it...You can hear feigned indignation in his post. 

Never defended anyone? Riiiight. :rolleyes:

And I never saw Basel protesting that you were defending him so much, that seems like you are greatly exaggerating a situation. Just because he thought it odd that you defended him as well as himself doesn't mean he was indignantly protesting your defense...

I was wrong in thinking you hadn't gotten much attention, a few have cased you this game, however not that many were voting you a bit ago.

All the stuff I laid out, as well as general sensitivity you have show in response to some cases against you, as well as your omgus flip flop on Basel, all tells me we might have bagged scum day 1.

Vote Talya yall

Bet they didn't plan on her being revealed as town so quickly.

(doesnt really make sense)

I also wanna point out that Ley has yet to check in, after a whole day we really should be either trying to poke him or replace him or something.

Thorkin has posted once so far.

Dice has posted vurrrrrry little actual game content lately, worrisome considering that he was starting to pop on multiple people's radars (including mine).

Nolirion and Hally have also posted too little for me to really recall anything of there's, so it would be nice to hear from them a bit more too.

Other than that, my scum list for now is:

Talya

Dap

Dice

Got pretty strong reads on those, and a fair number of others on my scumdar.

AIMITTN, I got something a bit juicy I think.

Two of the people on his scum list are town.

(how do you know dap's town?)

You say it was obviously meant for consolidation however there were others here waiting for answers from him, if you were caught up up to that point you should have seen that. There were those not voting him yet posting, you could have left it to one of them to throw the hammer. Yet you hammer him say nothing about it being for consolidation and leave. That is why people suspect you because of your hammer.

This is my case on cloud

I know I'm town. I can't easily find your quotes as I'm on ny phone. I believe there was a point that you talked about be willing to lynch either talya or Kronos and that you preferred talya. If I can get my WiFi working I will try to find it.

You have again sidestepped the main question tho. What is your case on Cloud and why are you now pushing his lynch? It looks to me like you just flat out do not now want to see Kronos lynched. Why?

I had more on Talya than I do on Kronos, I only have like one or two comments from kronos that were iffy. Stop twisting my shit. I didn't say I preffered Cloud over Kronos I'd push either or. Why do you want Kronos so bad? Tunneling?

I'm leaning Kronos as the possible third mafia.  He and EP both mention they think he could be scummy, and that they're going to do a case on him, but they never quite get around to doing it.

Vote DaPianoPlayer

Little minicase on him inc

Starts to build cases on another townie

(:rolleyes:)

my response should be in blue unless the codes get messed up 

Official Vote Count:

Kronos(1): Turin

Dice(1): Heart

Despo(2): Hally, Dap

Tina(1): Chuckles

Not Voting (17): Peace, Nya, Noli, RTE, Tina, Cloud, Ley, BG, Tigs, Pank, Talya, WBK, Dice, Despo, Thorkin

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

L-10

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 3

Chuckles, Tina has more posts than about half the game. Also Why are you defending Despo? I am sure he can do a fine job of it himself.

Personally not feeling the Despo lynch. And most people will know how much I like to lynch him. I think he is a bit off in his cases so far but at the moment I'm leaning slightly town. Des, you used up both of your commutes already? overeager beaver.

Ok, gotta dash very soon but here's a short sumary of Mr Witchyking EP's history:

Started off casing Talya quite a bit, saying she was subtly defending peoples and such... also cast a bit of suspicion on Kronos...

Says he also has "a good town read on Heart and I agree with almost everything she has said so far."

...DM format comments...

More prodding for Talya or Kronos lynches, says he will be pushing on them both next day.

After the Night kill scene - thrown off casing Talya because she claims the kill of Tiink, mentions Kronos again as someone he wants to go after, tried building up something on Cloud too because of his hammer the day before...

I know I'm town. I can't easily find your quotes as I'm on ny phone. I believe there was a point that you talked about be willing to lynch either talya or Kronos and that you preferred talya. If I can get my WiFi working I will try to find it.

You have again sidestepped the main question tho. What is your case on Cloud and why are you now pushing his lynch? It looks to me like you just flat out do not now want to see Kronos lynched. Why?

I had more on Talya than I do on Kronos, I only have like one or two comments from kronos that were iffy. Stop twisting my shit. I didn't say I preffered Cloud over Kronos I'd push either or. Why do you want Kronos so bad? Tunneling?

Gets snippy at Turin, and says Kronos is the way to go, but also that the gut feeling isn't strong enough to really make a move... trying to back off Kronos now that Turin brings him up too?
Anyhoo, he OMGUSes Turin...

Aaand shortly after, snuffed it :)

Soo, summary thoughts: he and Tiink both FoS'ed Kronos, I'm not sure what to think of it - it coooouuuld be that he's a scum mate, I'm thrown off the thought a little because both of them mentioned him in their suspects list, but then again, EP did seem to back off actually doing anything on his "suspicion". So maybe Kronos is indeed someone to look at?

And I'm getting a Town vibe off Turin too now... I still say he's playing aggressive, but maybe that's just my own experiences XD

...sooo....did I get all of it?

DARN IT I'M SO LATE FOR WORK

Nya that was the beginning of N1. I still think that it was a sign to the mafia so they could recruit him. hence EP may not have known that Tiink was mafia.  His coroner did NOT show him as recruited. iirc normally when a symp gets recruited it will show as Symp recruited to mafia. In Tiink's case I would have expected something Like:

Tiinker, Saruman Mafia Symp recruited to mafia 1x recruiter with GF possibility.

Oh, true, Tiink was sympathiser not outright mafia.... *headdesk* AAARGH well at least I tried >.<

EP was mafia. I think he was over protective of Kronos.

Vote Kronos

Thork, AH's post is only full of HER opinions. Be careful of following anyone too much. Just because someone is town doesn't mean they are right.

For AH...

I think that is a common tell.

I'm really surprised to see others, other than me, bring up the third voter theory considering its been a bogus joke theory since I started it a year or so ago to get reactions. People it's bogus.

funny, that I remember it from games years ago, still it doesn't mean too much at all, if anything it probably was more apt back then. 

I'm starting to get the feeling the Cloud train is losing steam. I'm going to switch to my second choice. Unvote, vote Talya.

It hasn't been going anywhere for ages, and now you only notice. 

Despo, if you read what I said later, I said I didn't think Cloud was town, so it applies to the whole thing. I didn't go for anyone, because at the time that was the only thing that had happened. Those who thought they KNEW who mafia were were lying (unless on their team). I waited to see what came out of it all. You and Dap are going to be disappointed in the result when my lynch comes. Ho hum. 

I'm not sure what you meant by you didn't get it. (not the hint) but the stuff I said. I'm now vanilla, so what was the point. Plus I had Desp, Dap and EP on my case, everyone else was adding me to the mix, because there were sheep and following along. So I got it out there to save wasting a day of back and forth and then having to reveal.

This was my role (in case you didn't get it last time) - Send a name each night to find Saruman, when I did find him I would then have 25% chance of killing him, but either way I would then know who he was and could have revealed it the next day...simples. 

Funny that EP said he would go after Me or Kronos in the night, RTE and Tigs said exactly the same but about Cloud and Basel. Basel is gone. Haven't seen them come out after cloud. Haven't seen much of Tigs. 

Ah oks. Yeah totally missed that as a hint. Ho hum and I'm more likely to think of Garfield :P

I suppose I understand you wanting to avoid the cases on you building, but at the same time that felt a tad premature as a reveal. 

And I got the role--it was in my skittles list. I think I forgot to add the "now a vanilla" to that though... *fixes for next post*

Interesting observation...

Very good info and point, Turin. It's getting increasing harder to log onto DM at work as they are blocking things containing

"Gaming" and "Forums" when they can but I'm home and can use the quote function now. Sorry for the delay.

Anyhow, back to being on point. I totally agree that we need to hear more from people like me that have not posted as much.

It's hard to get a read on anybody when they don't post so. *twaps himself* We may have to place a vote on them until they

show up and respond and then, if satisfactory, then we could always remove said vote.

I'm up to Page 20 on my reread but have there been any claims that I might have missed?

Yes that was the other thing, how did despo know I was town?

And did I get viewed or something?

(Tonight I shall case and read, this is why skimming is bad kids )

I was asking hally how you knew I was town, cos she said that 2 out of the 3 were town.

Also you are not the droid I am looking for, hence the less suspicious

Chuckles, Tina has more posts than about half the game. Also Why are you defending Despo? I am sure he can do a fine job of it himself.

less defending despo and more trying to break down the case to see it makes sense

and thats why i called tina out, the last day and night she's been fairly quiet so id like her to post more 

Turin did a great job yesterday and I´ll follow his lead. I didn´t find Kronos´s vote yesterday scummy, like many of you did. But the way EP fos´d him without intention to actually lynch him looks like mafia trying to distance from another mafia. 

Tiinker´s list is interesting - EP, RTE and Kronos. We don´t know if Tiinker could see the mafia qt or not. If he could then maybe he wrote their names to signal. Nothing to base a vote on but if Kronos is mafia then we should take a look at RTE. 

Chuckles is voting me because I´m lurking? Well, I usually do during the night but I have been active before that and, as has been pointed out already, there are a lot of people that have less posts than me. BTW. I´m not a pro.  :laugh: I have been playing for some time though. 

Des - you don´t know if they tried to kill you. 

Now, this is interesting. If there is a GF role, and this being an Advanced Mafia game it isn't out of the question, then theoretically make those

"confirmed" as Town not beyond question.

Just wanna point out the wild inconsistency in Dap's view on me:

You are totally mafia

That was right after a post of mine, on page 25 I think if yall wanna check

Less sure of despo than I was

AH still seems off

Can't remember who else this game. Night

Was really backing off even before this, but this was posted towards the end of night

Sorry I'm distracted ATM, but tonight ill give this a case

Talya I stopped going after you cos of your claim (that was you wasn't it? I remember it being you)

Now des I can get behind
vote despo

Also RTE, this is what Turin does as a mason

Back to apparently being confident I'm scum again lol

Yes that was the other thing, how did despo know I was town?
And did I get viewed or something?
(Tonight I shall case and read, this is why skimming is bad kids )

I was asking hally how you knew I was town, cos she said that 2 out of the 3 were town.

Also you are not the droid I am looking for, hence the less suspicious

And then I'm less suspicious again? Yet his vote is still on me... LAWLZ!

Also, I don't believe your explanation in the first part. I think you thought you caught me "slipping" even tho you were skimming.

As for the last sentence, if that's you trying to breadcrumb a role reveal, STOP IT. Breadcrumbing = antitown. And if your "reveal" is that you have to look for someone like Talya had to, I will not only not buy it, but I will call the BBB to demand a recall of your sloppy product.

@Mod: Does my vote not count for some reason?

Archived