DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Danger in Demons Cove GAME OVER Villains win

BFG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Iron to weigh in - isn't he conf town now?

I am weighing in as soon as I finish the post, btw. I was about to finish my reads list when I got caught up in a search of Nynaeve's posts. I want to remind myself who she was suspicious of, to get an idea of which players might have felt most threatened by her and would have wanted her dead. Hopefully turns up results. 

My current feelings about everyone: no order is applied other than the order from the first page; these are just my opinions. I'll order them all with colors and fancy stuff in the next post. I'm finally back on my laptop (thank goodness, the mobile version was driving me NUTS) so I can do that again! 

1. Wifi- I agree that Wifi probably wouldn't have thought to fake that inscrutable math equation if she were scum. And since posting weird stuff is apparently a town tell for her, I read her as town right now. 
2. Turin- I'm not sure yet. I want more to go on before I make a call. 
3. Hallia- Slight town read, more a gut feeling than anything. 
5. Clov- Still don't like this guy. I still see his actions as those of a puppet master. 
7. Kat- Meh. I can't seem to read her at all this game. 
9. Tress- Where the heck is Tress? This lurking thing is a bad sign. 
10. Sooh- Seems extremely defensive of Wifi in the first few posts of D3. That's a ping for me even though I happen to agree that Wifi isn't mafia. The only justification I see for this kind of defensiveness is if she earned a cop read like Talmanes and didn't announce it, which I find unlikely after the fiasco of Tal waiting too long to claim. 
12. Dice- One of Nyn's dying wishes was to leave Dice alone. I respect that. 

Unfortunately my attempt to read who might be threatened by Nyn didn't yield much. Her main suspects were myself and Talmanes. Both confirmed town. So I am starting to think that she was killed simply because of how good of a player she is, which is threatening by itself. And since pretty much everyone knew she was town, it's almost the same as Alanna's death N1. 

I don't understand your Sooh read, Iron. You're basically saying she's right, and for the right reasons, and that makes her suspicious to you.

I don't get why it would have to be a cop result. If she's confident about somebody YOU are confident on, that's a GOOD sign. We're probably a phase removed from lylo. People need to defend their town reads.

DAY 3 VoteCount

WiFi (1): Hallia

Hallia (1): Soot

Clov (1): Dice

Not voting (6): Clov, Ironeyes, Katiora, Niniel, Tress, WiFi

tur_1473112800.png

I like my new name. Makes me think of 

d14455cafbe648ec6aeaabc15cbf6ac35b0ef1e8

and that makes me happy :D

[v] Wifi [/v]

I see nothing moving me. Looking at who was in that lynch she is most suspect.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Wildfire isn't mafia.

You pushing there is suspicious.

Sooh, why do you think it is suspicious for Hallia to be suspicious of WiFi?

It seems a big part of your read is that she wouldn't have done those maths if she already KNEW how many mafia there are. I think that it would be a good way to look like trying to solve without making hard reads. I know she has posted some thoughts about potential teams but I must admit I got a bit lost in them.

I pushed Nini, and no one thinks she, now Turin, is mafia. So no.

I'm not ruling it out. I'm still not sold that Niniel was definitely telling the truth about not seeing the PM posted, and I would have liked to see more content from her. I really didn't pay much attention to Turin, but I want to resolve Dice and him being willing to move there looked good to me.

Turin had a couple of posts where I went ??? yesterday, and that's usually a town sign for him.

I want Iron to weigh in - isn't he conf town now?

Unless there was some sort of manipulation going on (I said GF before, I guess there could have been redirection), yes.

Yes. He is probably >95% clear. The only questions would be about a GF/tailor possibility or a redirect of some sort. A mafia flip will be required before that is worth more than tinfoil though.

I see this as being more of a possibility now:

Clovr

kat

tress

dice

I believe Ironeyes was cleared by Talmanes lynch and flip. Clovr I am more convinced of than anyone that he's mafia. He reminds me of the experienced players that can act so townie that they make it to end game but are wolves. tress has flown under the radar for the most part so . Kat also flying under radar. Need to ISO kat and tress for more info...might replace with hallia/turin????. Dice has been less active than he normally is, though still kind of pushy, soo kind of a scum tell for him. Sooh I believe to be town. Turin and Hallia are both null to me still...they could go both ways...though I am leaning town for them both right now, even if hallia is voting me. :dry: Hallia is also an experienced player who can town:talk her way to end game ie spirited away. Just saying.

This is much more clear for me to read. Thanks.

vote clov

now totally sold on clov kat team

theres nothing in the PM to suggest anyone HAS a role. If there was a doc for example wouldnt they have protected laine and nyn?

Maybe they tried? it seems at this point that abilities are given as prizes and by the MOD answer we have gotten it appears that any ability can go to anyone.

That being said I think it was NOT as obvious that Nyn was the only mafia nk option since Ironeyes was mostly confirmed by Talmanes flip.

So we got

Wifi

Hallia

Dice

Kat

Turin

Sooh

Tress

Clov

I want to go over your list in more detail later but only on mobile at present(Family weekend). Just a few quick thoughts.

WiFi: you say she couldn't fake the maths but you think Clov is a puppet mastering mafia. You don't think he could have suggested it to her?

Dice: is your read based exclusively on Nyn's request?

I'm gonna be out for a bit. I will try to be on more tonight.

At present still most suspicious of Dice. I don't see him actually following onto Pral like he did D1 using the "he was online but not posting" thing.

[V] Dice [/v]

So we got

Wifi

Hallia

Dice

Kat

Turin

Sooh

Tress

Clov

I want to go over your list in more detail later but only on mobile at present(Family weekend). Just a few quick thoughts.

WiFi: you say she couldn't fake the maths but you think Clov is a puppet mastering mafia. You don't think he could have suggested it to her?

At present still most suspicious of Dice. I don't see him actually following onto Pral like he did D1 using the "he was online but not posting" thing.

[V] Dice [/v]

Considering you think Ironeyes is 95% clear and he was the other option D1, why is this your reasoning?

I don't understand your Sooh read, Iron. You're basically saying she's right, and for the right reasons, and that makes her suspicious to you.

I don't get why it would have to be a cop result. If she's confident about somebody YOU are confident on, that's a GOOD sign. We're probably a phase removed from lylo. People need to defend their town reads.

Fair point, I forgot that we were that close to LyLo. What got my suspicions up was simply the way she worded the post quoted below. It reminded me of Talmanes' stubborn defense of me during D2, which in turn got me to wonder if this was a case of PIS. 

[v] Wifi [/v]

I see nothing moving me. Looking at who was in that lynch she is most suspect.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Wildfire isn't mafia.

You pushing there is suspicious.

So we got

Wifi

Hallia

Dice

Kat

Turin

Sooh

Tress

Clov

:blush: 

[V] Dice [/v]

First question: I suppose that is a possibility, but it's such a random idea that I don't think it would naturally occur to them. I just can't picture in my head a scene where Wifi and Clov are discussing ideas in their QT and one of them says, "Well why don't we fake a numbers analysis but make it not make sense at all to make Wifi look town?" Rather, what I meant by Clov puppet mastering is that I see him trying to set himself up as town leader. Nyn really had that spot covered until now, but he was certainly competing for it. 

Second question: Yes, because I have little else to go on. I don't remember Dice well enough from my earlier mafia days to use meta, and his posts so far have either been one line or look like my little brother's text messages (little grammar and much abbreviation). So honestly I can't even tell what his stance is at some points... :sad:

vote clov

theres nothing in the PM to suggest anyone HAS a role. If there was a doc for example wouldnt they have protected laine and nyn?

Maybe they tried? it seems at this point that abilities are given as prizes and by the MOD answer we have gotten it appears that any ability can go to anyone.

That being said I think it was NOT as obvious that Nyn was the only mafia nk option since Ironeyes was mostly confirmed by Talmanes flip.

NO doc worth their salt protects ironeyes last night. hes been scummy as all game  people are still not sold on him despite tals view. Mafia killing him would be stupid.

Also theres only 1 prize. Tal won it D1 so we know mafia didnt get it and that it was a cop view.  

So nyn WAS the OBVIOUS kill. She was never getting lynched this game.

vote clov

NO doc worth their salt protects ironeyes last night. hes been scummy as all game people are still not sold on him despite tals view. Mafia killing him would be stupid.

Also theres only 1 prize. Tal won it D1 so we know mafia didnt get it and that it was a cop view.

So nyn WAS the OBVIOUS kill. She was never getting lynched this game.

wrt Ironeyes you saying that the green read from a confirmed dead townie with a cop view is irrevelant? Mafia can't afford to have confirmed (or even mostly confirmed) townies left alive as end game approaches. Nyn pushed 2 townie lynches in two days. She could have been mafia. I find it odd that you would say she couldn't be lynched.

Also, you seem to be making a huge assumption about there being only one prize. explain your thought process there.

Are you setting up to discredit a doc claim later on?

Archived