DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Female Warders

Ryrin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the attributes that make a good Warder?

Would female and male Warders have fundamental differences?  What would they have in common?

*I have to look harder to find pictures of female warriors that aren't naked or nearly so*

my warders need to have great taste in drinks...

to be able to barbecue meat and to slay spiders for me :tongue:

also they have to be able to prevent myself to get into trouble, and that goes for male and female *nods*

here, Ryrin, another female warrior pic ;)

dragon-age-inquisition-how-to-get-cassan

PS : for the dragon age fans, i would not try to get Cassandra as a warrior ... I'd prolly go for Oghren, Fenris and Cullen lol

I saw some, Fnorrll, that you would find awesome! Sorry, didn't keep them.

I was thinking about intuition. Women are said to have some. Would that effect the way a female Warder would protect her Aes Sedai? Would female and male Warders be pretty much equal because of the powers that bonding an Aes Sedai would give them?

*along with skills at grilling*

Great pic, Chae!

i think women are said to have "intuition" because they are more ready to act on emotions which, when coupled with the fact they are naturally "socially-smarter" than males, supposedlly results in making more intelligent social maneouvres. whether thats a result of actual nature, or how genders are taught to behave or act, or something of both is hard to tell. that would certainly help in a fight in a variety of ways - i think i'm more intuitive than most men in some part to how i was raised and ive found that helps in being able to anticipate and exploit how your opponent may act based on both a knowledge of their personality (if you have much of any) and just "knowing" what might make the most sense for that person to try to do in a certain situation and being able to act automatically against it.

i think that might make a female warder overall more useful when it comes to advising on more social or political relationships and getting out of dangers thereof than a male warder especially since, unless those involved are lesbians, the relationship would be more between friends which usually results in having more open and even dialogue and interactions instead of something sexualised and (maybe because RJ wrote it) seems to bear semblances of dominance and submission, as it seems with most male warders.

How did you find my picture? ;)

damn ... now u know i was stalking you on facebook

lolololololol :biggrin:

You can do that any time ;)

Back to the question: I never want to commit to what is a more masculine trait and what is a more feminine trait as there are too many exceptions. People might take female warders for granted, underestimate them, and thus give them an opportunity to shut down their opponents :biggrin:

Honestly I think the biggest difference is that even when us females are dressed up in battle armor and carrying a big pointy, sharp object most men will write them off as a silly girl who doesn't know what she is doing. Thus we have the element of surprise when in fact we do know what we are doing and cut their fool, macho heads off.... Most men don't seem to think that women are capable of defending themselves and running with the big boys.... It's why Elaine had women as her personal guard. The men discounted them as ceremonial and it saved her life more than a few times....

Archived