DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT's Up: Favorite Characters

WolfbrotherKronos

Hello friends and Welcome to our White Tower WoT's Up event!

This thread is to discuss favorite characters.

What character just makes you squee whenever you you see the chapter is from their PoV?

What character just makes you cringe?

I'll post my responses later as I'm at work right now...

Squee - Mat. At the moment, he just does all the silly stuff. I love all the trouble he gets himself into. In the two or three books where he was sick he was a real annoyance though.

Cringe - Faile. Agh. I liked her for a whole of... two? of the chapters she was in? The first two. And then it just spiralled downhill.

Squee (lol i like that) - Lan, ofc. He's dark and dangerous, but so cute with Nyn at the same time.  :biggrin:

Cringe - Faile, definitely. There are so many times I want to slap her. Maybe things will improve, but i don't like her temper at all for the moment.

Moiraine & Siuan: both of them were willing to risk and lose their lives for a cause larger than themselves. They were tenacious, following their cause for years, seeing it to the end. Siuan, also because she was able to adapt to the changes in her life from being Amyrlin, to being stilled, to helping Egwene, to falling in love with Gareth.

Gareth: he was a brilliant military man, loyal, honorable. He gave respect to everyone no matter their station in life.

Galad & Valda & parts of Egwene

Galad: his rigidity; Valda- raping and imprisoning Morgase; Egwene: when she was full of herself.

Gawyn: for being a hot headed idiot.

Favourite is Mat: I love the fact that everyone thinks he will never take anything seriously, but is right there when he's needed.

And Thom: I always wonder when Thom found out who Moraine was. We know he recognised she was Aes Sedai straight away, but how long did it take him after finding out her house that she was also the kings niece (was it niece? something like that anyway)

Love Verin, and actually am quite fond of Nyneave and Egwene (after she earns a backbone--can't stand her in the first few books).

Cannot stand: Min. She's obsessive and overall rather useless and spends all of her time away from Rand whining and the only good thing about her is that for a while she helped Rand somewhat hang onto humanity. 

Love Verin, and actually am quite fond of Nyneave and Egwene (after she earns a backbone--can't stand her in the first few books).

Cannot stand: Min. She's obsessive and overall rather useless and spends all of her time away from Rand whining and the only good thing about her is that for a while she helped Rand somewhat hang onto humanity.

On Min: I think she had the potential to be a really neat character, but then just kinda became static.

Squee: Almost any Aes Sedai except Siuan (and the Wonder Girls, though Egwene's ok). I suppose I'm prejudiced :P

Cringe: Nynaeve and Siuan, mostly. They're bullies, and think everyone but themselves are idiots.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived