DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

*snip*

Bold - Tab wouldn't have been a bad peek, but there's no RTE could be a N1 peek.  Who cops the counterwagon to a successful mafia lynch?

Good point. I need to go back and look, and that won't happen tonight on my part, but I don't think she ever went after RTE on D1. Maybe I remember it wrong?? I'll look when I wake up. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*snip*

Bold - Tab wouldn't have been a bad peek, but there's no RTE could be a N1 peek.  Who cops the counterwagon to a successful mafia lynch?

Good point. I need to go back and look, and that won't happen tonight on my part, but I don't think she ever went after RTE on D1. Maybe I remember it wrong?? I'll look when I wake up. 

She never went after him, in the sense that she didn't actively join/support his lynch, but she certainly made it seem like she was attempting to read him.  Maybe she was just giving herself cover, but it looked pretty convincing to me.

I read back over BFG's ISO, and she was soft defending Taborline d1, and giving her the benefit of the doubt. D2, if anyone I would say RTE. But I'm unsure because I'm getting mixed messages

BFG: top/bottom reads?

You're not going to like them

RTE, Tabor, Sooh, Razen are likely town here. Relatively confident on RTE/Tabor, need to review Sooh and Razen beyond end of day yesterday.

Pretty much everyone else is in my POE, not sure how I'd arrange you all yet :(

Clov is making me uncomfortable, but I'm not sure how much of that is just paranoia.
You've been pretty townie, but the complete opposite reads thing is starting to make me edgy
Lessa is starting to feel too easy, I don't think her vote is as decisive as the train today suggests
I'm pretty comfortable with Kronos pending more interaction
Hallia is troubling me; last game she was obvious townie by the end of Day 1, and I'm not sure I see that here
Rhea is sort of null as well.

Right here you could say she's naming RTE/Tabor as stronger reads/peeks; partially because "relatively confident" and partially because she separates out Sooh/Razen. It would believe me to think they're her peeks.

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

"going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE" sounds like peek language, but then in blue it takes away from that statement and how it can be read??

I just barely missed your post. And I'm angry at myself, I just used wolfy for the first time in a while. Make. It. Stop.

Meh, I'll check it but I think Tabor and RTE are both Town here. Mafia Dice was gearing up to vote Town Tabor, and RTE is likely town through content. Of the 2 I'd say that RTE is marginally more likely to be a teammate, based on the FoS and the way RTE was holding off his vote (although that was a good catch on the timing of the votes :smile: )

When dice voted No Lynch there was no traction on him and the lynch was going to be RTE or Tabor, there was no need for him to do anything. Dice is hard to gain traction on normally as mafia, so there was no reason for him to think he'd be lynched. I failed last time in this situation and had Cory egging me on behind scenes. Votes have been slow all game, and I get that I'm part of that, but it's more reason for Dice to not have to worry about a CFD.

Again, she thinks they're both town, but RTE marginally more likely to be a teammate?

I wish there was more clear cut language, but that's all I've got, so we're probably gonna go at this the old fashioned way lol

@ Laine - Knowing Lessa's flip now, what would you say about Taborline?  You said that you didn't think they were both scum, so one would give info about the other.

Laine, in short I need you to talk to me about your reads on Dice and RTE...

If you could look into this? I saw some stuff, but you know I like people repeating themselves :laugh:

And also your current bottom 2/3 and why?

Currently changing my reads while reading over this stuff. My bottom three weren't necessarily "these are who are scum with Dice" but "these are the options who COULD be scum with Dice, but probably not all three because they'll solve each other." I'm feeling better about RTE as of right now reading back over end of day, purely because of the swing of votes (Sooh/RTE), who moved their votes so close together, if I'm calling her vote a townie move, why am I not calling HIS vote the same? As for Taborline, still suspicious of her so far, and Lessa is just scummy. I don't think they're scum together though, so I think one would tell a lot about the other. Need to ISO later. Okay, back to my reading (I may be repeating myself more in my catch up, if you don't mind)

As for my read on Dice, I don't know why the hell I was town reading him. Lapse of sanity? Looking back though, I can see where your pushes were coming from

I'm very scatter brained today, I hope you can follow what I'm saying okay.

Okay, here's what I got from her D2 posts:

1. Clov
-Still making her uncomfortable
+/likes my vote on RTE, effort to get discussion going, but /thinks maybe she's being too harsh?
/asks me to explain my POE/vote
+/says my post to Rhea may be what she was waiting for, finally says she feels good about me

2. Razen
+/agrees with part of his post, /points out a logical failure 
-says Lessa has a good observation about Razen calling Lessa's vote opportunistic, but +/seems annoyed by the comment?

3. Laine
-/pretty townie, but opposite reads makes her edgy
-Along with Hallia, top 2 places to look

4. Taborline
+/thinks helped cleared by Dice gearing up to vote her, but /says mafia spew is not strong point
-/only relatively confident
+/liked Tab's D1 posts when people were voting her
-doesn't have any issue with people voting her; says she understands them and the "that too" post was bad again
-says she is "NOT 100% confident" on Tabor, and Tabor COULD enter POE (would require something "pretty scummy")

5. Hallia
-troubling BFG, not sure she's obvious town
-not a fan of her vote on RTE
-Along with Laine, top 2 places to look

6. RTE
+/looks good because Dice didn't help RTE out, but /says mafia spew is not strong point

8. Rhea
-"sort of null"

9. Sooh
+/says she thinks Sooh is probably town, but -/needs to review her

11. Kronos
+says she's pretty comfortable with him, pending more interaction

12. Lessa - Ron Weasley, vanilla town - lynched D2
/asked for an explanation on her comment towards me, regarding EOD vote
-"Lessa looks not good" in evaluation of Dice post
-says that EOD doesn't convince her Lessa is mafia, but not convinced she's not
+/asked everybody to give a second candidate, tries rationalizing Lessa's behavior IRT to unovting

If anybody is feeling highly confident about somebody's chances to be peeked, I'm all ears, but I can't make heads or tails out of it.  I think there's an argument to be made for just about everybody left in the game, and there's something you can argue that suggests they weren't the peek.   I know if I'm the cop and get an innocent viewing of somebody, I'm never saying something like "<whoever> could be in my POE" or "I think <somebody> is a good place to look today", but I'm prepared how BFG would (or would not) put her peeks out there.

Razen, I'm having trouble shaking that mafia read of Tabor. I was also very sure we would find mafia in Lessa. And if Lessa flipped mafia, that would clear Tabor for me, as well as RTE. But being that Lessa flipped town.... I'm still scum reading Tab.

I'm currently looking back over the votes for Lessa from yesterday to see what I can get from it. As of right now, before going over things and based on d1, my bottom four in no particular order is Hally, Rhea, Tabor, Kronos. I'd like to narrow that down a bit more

OMG...I'm so confused right now. LOL

This seer/cop business is maddening. What was a peak and what wasn't. I just don't know. I've been looking back over it all and what you guys have posted so far and I'm more confused now than before!

That part that BFG said she was pretty confident on RTE/Tab....

BFG: top/bottom reads?

You're not going to like them

RTE, Tabor, Sooh, Razen are likely town here. Relatively confident on RTE/Tabor, need to review Sooh and Razen beyond end of day yesterday.

Pretty much everyone else is in my POE, not sure how I'd arrange you all yet :(

Clov is making me uncomfortable, but I'm not sure how much of that is just paranoia.
You've been pretty townie, but the complete opposite reads thing is starting to make me edgy
Lessa is starting to feel too easy, I don't think her vote is as decisive as the train today suggests
I'm pretty comfortable with Kronos pending more interaction
Hallia is troubling me; last game she was obvious townie by the end of Day 1, and I'm not sure I see that here
Rhea is sort of null as well.

RTE/Tabor her peeks based on this? I'm reading backwards through the thread, so I'm not 100% yet, but her "relatively confident" on RTE/Tabor could be significant. 

I'm thinking that is significant.

I will look at more. 

Two observations -

@ Rhea - What do you think about where RTE sits after Lessa's town flip?

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

What does this mean?

And I don't like how Hallia pokes at Rhea here for trying to cast doubt on RTE, given how things have transpired since.  Day 1, his vote was all about self-preservation.  Not exactly the most pro-town motivation out there, if we look at it from the just the D1 perspective.  Hallia seems very certain that RTE is town, I wonder why that is?  She isn't the seer.  And now that we know that Lessa was not Dice's teammate, I think Lessa's vote on RTE should be looked at more positively than we did yesterday.

Gathering all the votes on Lessa so I can look at them later.

There's the Town!Clov I was expecting.

Some very nice compilation work by Clov and BFG. Interesting interactions between Laine and Dice but I feel like Laine's alignment will sort itself out given enough time, and I wouldn't put her particularly high on my scum reads.

One thing that went horribly wrong for the scum team was chance via random.org. Nice try though.

[v] Lessa [/v]

Let me just say this.  Lessa looks really, really bad right now.  Scum!Lessa does exactly what would be expected - tries to help her teammate out by putting the tying vote on RTE and letting the lynch go random.  It could have worked too, if random.org hadn't decided on Dice.  I don't see any reason for Town!Lessa to have put a vote on like that at the last minute, especially when the person that would have gotten lynched without a random was scum.  Her explanation of why she voted RTE at the last minute also reeks. 

@Clov: I had not intended my vote to be last minute. I was in the process of going through the game and finding the post of RTE's that didn't sit well with me when I saw how close it was to deadline. As a post explaining why I voted RTE would have taken me much longer to type than I had, I thought it best to vote then, and if I lived through the night, explain myself at that point. I didn't vote RTE when I unvoted because I was uncertain of who to vote for and was reading through the thread

Deadline????  I don't buy it.  You sent it to a random lynch, so I have to ask, why did you vote RTE, knowing that the lynch would have gone random as a result?  With Dice flipping scum, it honestly looks to me like you were trying to prevent him getting lynched.  And the only reason you would have for doing that is if you were scum.

Vote: Lessa.

This is the post that BFG originally started fosing Dice for, for his narrative

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

/snip

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky. 

BFG how can it be either absurdly pro town or pro mafia? haha I feel like those are two extremes

Pro town because you try to draw attention away from the potential PR hunt, by focusing on the mafia side of it. Pro mafia because you're extending a conversation that could get 'dangerous'. Doubt you'd do something that risky as mafia though, so leaning town (bolstered from yesterday)

I guess that makes sense. But that's also not what bothers me. In a game where we're hunting for scum, why not mention scum and why say "special roles"? It's not necessarily the fishing that's bothering me, but her leaving out what should be the focus of a town member (finding scum).

Because I'm new to this game here and "Special Roles" is the term we use on my other forum as an all-encompassing term, that was all that was about.

You know how above I let her have some rope cause shes a noob? I think the noob card just got torn up. @Taborline  have you played mafia on other sites before this?

Were you asking me to explain, BFG? The only reason I brought it up was that it seemed like a clue, something to take into account as we move forward. And there being more scum than special town roles, that could be even more of a hint.

Lol ok. Why did you draw attention to the other potential PR when Laine said about mafia goons?

When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.

BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Now backtracks

I want to hear answers to my Qs from RTE and Taborline please

I don't think I understand WHY he didn't vote her. To some extend the post feels fence sitty to me: He calls out the bad post that I had originally jumped on, asks if I was calling Tab scum, notes RTE defending Tab, gives up on the noob card, and comments on her back tracking. Why note all of this and still not vote her? Especially after noting defense from RTE. If she's town and he thinks she's acting scummy (regardless of noobness), then I'd think he would be voting her here. I would have definitely pushed that lynch through if he joined it, tbh.

Dice/Tab posts in between the ones I'm quoting:

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

They could all be scum and be reading from scripts in this situation.

I'm confused by what you mean about a mistake, or what the mistake you're referring to is.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you've not got an opinion either way on Lessa yet?  Looking at the votes up to this point, hers is the one that I think was the most opportunistic. 

But I also don't like the way you've tied them all together.  I think you've made good points about all of them, but the last sentence is what throws me.  I just don't like the way that you've categorized all of them as possibly being scum for making points against you.

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

unvote  forgot to do it earlier

Taborline got an answer for me?

BFG

I forgot to put Laine down the bottom. Feel free to sue me. As for Taborline I said what i mean I want to hear from her. 

and if you are gonna type out my "narrative hows about you usae the correct words instead of your interpretation?  I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her.

you said this is the second time i was concerned....where was the first?

and what am i gonna ask RTE?  His FOS stinks and i noted that i think it stinks. Why would i ask anything?

im not gonna be here at DL  thats like 1am my time or something. Will be here a couple more hours but right now Im thinking no lynch actually. I have a couple people I think are good bets for town but thats it.  Im not getting why Lessa has ANY votes   think i missed something

(I highlighted the GREEN) The first part on Taborline feels like distancing, especially after that post that I had from above. He's basically gauging his vote on a response from Tab based on how new she is to the game. Feels like he wants to FOS her and keep her in suspicion without adding to her train.

The Lessa part is very sus, and after her last minute vote, it definitely adds to Lessa's case. (Though, being that Lessa was also on the Tab train with me, I think that her death would help solve Tab for me... I don't see both Lessa and Dice as mafia voting for a teammate together)

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG  I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of.  Taborline stood out a little  but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard  i do try to give newbies a go.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

vote clov  Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

this what ure talking about? its called a joke vote. You will notice I mentioned my Band warhorse? Well i was gonna vote Cairos cause Bunyan told me too initially.

ou're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked?  and my leans are Laine and you actually.

He's giving her a noob pass now. She hadn't responded any further at this point, and ends up going to no lynch afterwards. Why not push a lynch through on a townie (OR EVEN VOTE RTE?! when you have the chance as scum?). The actions aren't really adding up to me. I want to solve Tab/RTE/Lessa. I think Lessa would shed light on both parties, actually.

The second part feels like easy consensus town reads to me, helps me feel even better on BFG.

This started out as a case on Tab and looking at Dice's reads, but I'm going to have to [v]Lessa[/v]

OMG!...You guys! I went to work yesterday morning. I still have pink eye right....so the first hour I'm there I start feeling nauseous and then im vomiting. I go to the walkin clinic and see the NP who suggests I be seen right away in the urgent eye clinic. WTH? On my honor...I was in with doctors all morning and afternoon and then had to go to occupational health to update them on my condition so they could issue new work restrictions for me. I still don't know exactly what is causing the nausea, but now I am having horrible headaches. Occupational health has me seeing a doctor firs thing this morning. I was so bummed when I got home and missed the deadline! I went to bed before night was over. I'm so sorry! 

On that note...I am having a really hard time reading. I'm going to see what the doc says this morning and if this isn't getting better I will probably opt out. I don't want to!!!! I am really liking this game!

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean. 

In that case I think I will [v]Lessa[/v] for now and see how things shake out. I need to go back and read everything again and look at a few things. But I think that last minute tie vote pretty much cinches it for me. 

I will be back and let you all know what the doctor says.

Carry on!

Vote: Lessa

[v]Lessa[/v]

I'll be back about a half an hour before EOD to see if there has been any development, but I do think this is the way to go today. 

Meh.  Not really anyone on that seems interested in moving, and it appears this is just a foregone formality

Two observations -

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

What does this mean?

And I don't like how Hallia pokes at Rhea here for trying to cast doubt on RTE, given how things have transpired since.  Day 1, his vote was all about self-preservation.  Not exactly the most pro-town motivation out there, if we look at it from the just the D1 perspective.  Hallia seems very certain that RTE is town, I wonder why that is?  She isn't the seer.  And now that we know that Lessa was not Dice's teammate, I think Lessa's vote on RTE should be looked at more positively than we did yesterday.

The top is a great question Razen, but I wish you had held off to ask it.  I was wondering the same based on her presenting both of them as viable mafia candidates yesterday... thought we would get more out of watching her interact with RTE before saying anything.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bottom.  We know Hallia's not the seer, but I could see her assuming that RTE is pretty much cleared after Dice's flip - she certainly wouldn't have been the only one treating him that way.  I think knowing Lessa wasn't deliberately evening out the trains to save Dice gives MORE plausibility to the case for RTE being mafia, but he's certainly not one of my top candidates.  Do you think he might be?

Lessa (7) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline, Sooh, Hallia

Colors above indicate scumminess of vote, not necessarily alignment.

For the record, our D1 lynch:

Dice (5): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos

Some very nice compilation work by Clov and BFG. Interesting interactions between Laine and Dice but I feel like Laine's alignment will sort itself out given enough time, and I wouldn't put her particularly high on my scum reads.

One thing that went horribly wrong for the scum team was chance via random.org. Nice try though.

[v] Lessa [/v]

RTE- comes back after his vote with a reads list later (bottom 3: Rhea Hally Lessa); I don't see him pushing anyone else though, but I'm not bothered by him being the first vote here, and from d1 I'm still getting a town lean

Let me just say this.  Lessa looks really, really bad right now.  Scum!Lessa does exactly what would be expected - tries to help her teammate out by putting the tying vote on RTE and letting the lynch go random.  It could have worked too, if random.org hadn't decided on Dice.  I don't see any reason for Town!Lessa to have put a vote on like that at the last minute, especially when the person that would have gotten lynched without a random was scum.  Her explanation of why she voted RTE at the last minute also reeks. 

@Clov: I had not intended my vote to be last minute. I was in the process of going through the game and finding the post of RTE's that didn't sit well with me when I saw how close it was to deadline. As a post explaining why I voted RTE would have taken me much longer to type than I had, I thought it best to vote then, and if I lived through the night, explain myself at that point. I didn't vote RTE when I unvoted because I was uncertain of who to vote for and was reading through the thread

Deadline????  I don't buy it.  You sent it to a random lynch, so I have to ask, why did you vote RTE, knowing that the lynch would have gone random as a result?  With Dice flipping scum, it honestly looks to me like you were trying to prevent him getting lynched.  And the only reason you would have for doing that is if you were scum.

Razen- follows up p42 with Lessa though she never responds, agrees with Sooh that Hally needs to show what she's thinking, as well as a Taborline scummy mention;; I like that he's still trying to game solve and look at other options, but do I see him actually pushing other options? I like his follow ups and reasoning to be on this vote, so I'm getting a town lean from this vote as well

/snip

/snip

(I highlighted the GREEN) The first part on Taborline feels like distancing, especially after that post that I had from above. He's basically gauging his vote on a response from Tab based on how new she is to the game. Feels like he wants to FOS her and keep her in suspicion without adding to her train.

The Lessa part is very sus, and after her last minute vote, it definitely adds to Lessa's case. (Though, being that Lessa was also on the Tab train with me, I think that her death would help solve Tab for me... I don't see both Lessa and Dice as mafia voting for a teammate together)

/snip

He's giving her a noob pass now. She hadn't responded any further at this point, and ends up going to no lynch afterwards. Why not push a lynch through on a townie (OR EVEN VOTE RTE?! when you have the chance as scum?). The actions aren't really adding up to me. I want to solve Tab/RTE/Lessa. I think Lessa would shed light on both parties, actually.

The second part feels like easy consensus town reads to me, helps me feel even better on BFG.

This started out as a case on Tab and looking at Dice's reads, but I'm going to have to [v]Lessa[/v]

Alanna- very much trimmed down my vote on Lessa; also, not going to judge myself :rolleyes:

OMG!...You guys! I went to work yesterday morning. I still have pink eye right....so the first hour I'm there I start feeling nauseous and then im vomiting. I go to the walkin clinic and see the NP who suggests I be seen right away in the urgent eye clinic. WTH? On my honor...I was in with doctors all morning and afternoon and then had to go to occupational health to update them on my condition so they could issue new work restrictions for me. I still don't know exactly what is causing the nausea, but now I am having horrible headaches. Occupational health has me seeing a doctor firs thing this morning. I was so bummed when I got home and missed the deadline! I went to bed before night was over. I'm so sorry! 

On that note...I am having a really hard time reading. I'm going to see what the doc says this morning and if this isn't getting better I will probably opt out. I don't want to!!!! I am really liking this game!

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean. 

In that case I think I will [v]Lessa[/v] for now and see how things shake out. I need to go back and read everything again and look at a few things. But I think that last minute tie vote pretty much cinches it for me. 

Carry on!

Rhea- Do not like the reasoning for this vote at all, which has already been gone over: it just doesn't sense for all of Lessa/Dice/RTE to be mafia. After this, follows up with me looking at the unvote/vote from eod; back and forth with Clov about potential for RTE and Lessa to both be scum, Rhea comes off scummy with her responses

Tab- votes after going back and forth with BFG about her reads, this looks good for her because she really showed she was thinking it through and not just jumping on the train; also a fan of BFG drawing her out here and getting some reads from her, this is part of the reason I thought BFG peeked Taborline

Too everyone...

Most people have Lessa as top pick atm. I'm not convinced, but have nothing to argue it with (except that the thread's doing nothing else, except me, Tabor and Clov). Regardless, whose your second pick? Day still has at least 22 hours left, having votes sitting on one person and no conversation doesn't help.

Most people have Lessa as mafia for evening out the vote trains... why would she unvote, leaving trains at 4-4 instead of pushing momentum RTE's way by voting at the same time? Whose her partner?

Just noting this observation...

Next, this LINK: BFG's ISO on Hally, makes good points; Sooh also looking at Hally at this point, and Razen agrees. At this point I would love to pressure Hallia more; she hasn't been much of a presence this game and I understand RL has been taking up time, but the content isn't there either. This is a pretty slow game, so I'd like to see a little more from her.

I think Lessa needs to be resolved, or we're never going to get past that last minute vote. 

Does anyone else have an iffy feeling about Hallia?

[v]Lessa[/v]

I'll be back about a half an hour before EOD to see if there has been any development, but I do think this is the way to go today.

Not 100% a fan of this vote, and just going with it; at this point Lessa's getting lynched no matter what, but I do agree with the sentiment that we need to get past that vote before moving on.

Meh.  Not really anyone on that seems interested in moving, and it appears this is just a foregone formality

Then why vote at all? As town OR mafia, why vote here? Nothing is changing, and I'm pretty sure she's hit majority by now, this vote is just useless.

Two observations -

What does this mean?

The top is a great question Razen, but I wish you had held off to ask it.  I was wondering the same based on her presenting both of them as viable mafia candidates yesterday... thought we would get more out of watching her interact with RTE before saying anything.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bottom.  We know Hallia's not the seer, but I could see her assuming that RTE is pretty much cleared after Dice's flip - she certainly wouldn't have been the only one treating him that way.  I think knowing Lessa wasn't deliberately evening out the trains to save Dice gives MORE plausibility to the case for RTE being mafia, but he's certainly not one of my top candidates.  Do you think he might be?

I don't think he is either, at least not yet.  I can see why that assumption would be made, at least on the surface.  It is a relatively small leap to take.  But I don't think a self-preservation vote, even on someone who ends up as mafia, should be enough to pretty much clear someone the way that Hallia has.  It reads to me like she knows that RTE is town and that she's trying to use that to put suspicion on Rhea.  It's also one of those "noting" style posts, bringing something up because it looks bad but never following up on it.

Lessa (7) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline, Sooh, Hallia

Colors above indicate scumminess of vote, not necessarily alignment.

For the record, our D1 lynch:

Dice (5): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos

[v] Lessa [/v]

RTE- comes back after his vote with a reads list later (bottom 3: Rhea Hally Lessa); I don't see him pushing anyone else though, but I'm not bothered by him being the first vote here, and from d1 I'm still getting a town lean

Razen- follows up p42 with Lessa though she never responds, agrees with Sooh that Hally needs to show what she's thinking, as well as a Taborline scummy mention;; I like that he's still trying to game solve and look at other options, but do I see him actually pushing other options? I like his follow ups and reasoning to be on this vote, so I'm getting a town lean from this vote as well

/snip

/snip

/snip

Alanna- very much trimmed down my vote on Lessa; also, not going to judge myself :rolleyes:

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean. 

Carry on!

Rhea- Do not like the reasoning for this vote at all, which has already been gone over: it just doesn't sense for all of Lessa/Dice/RTE to be mafia. After this, follows up with me looking at the unvote/vote from eod; back and forth with Clov about potential for RTE and Lessa to both be scum, Rhea comes off scummy with her responses

Tab- votes after going back and forth with BFG about her reads, this looks good for her because she really showed she was thinking it through and not just jumping on the train; also a fan of BFG drawing her out here and getting some reads from her, this is part of the reason I thought BFG peeked Taborline

Too everyone...

Most people have Lessa as top pick atm. I'm not convinced, but have nothing to argue it with (except that the thread's doing nothing else, except me, Tabor and Clov). Regardless, whose your second pick? Day still has at least 22 hours left, having votes sitting on one person and no conversation doesn't help.

Most people have Lessa as mafia for evening out the vote trains... why would she unvote, leaving trains at 4-4 instead of pushing momentum RTE's way by voting at the same time? Whose her partner?

Just noting this observation...

Next, this LINK: BFG's ISO on Hally, makes good points; Sooh also looking at Hally at this point, and Razen agrees. At this point I would love to pressure Hallia more; she hasn't been much of a presence this game and I understand RL has been taking up time, but the content isn't there either. This is a pretty slow game, so I'd like to see a little more from her.

I think Lessa needs to be resolved, or we're never going to get past that last minute vote. 

Does anyone else have an iffy feeling about Hallia?

[v]Lessa[/v]

Not 100% a fan of this vote, and just going with it; at this point Lessa's getting lynched no matter what, but I do agree with the sentiment that we need to get past that vote before moving on.

Then why vote at all? As town OR mafia, why vote here? Nothing is changing, and I'm pretty sure she's hit majority by now, this vote is just useless.

Just thinking.. Hally's vote is ALMOST a vote in her favor; why would mafia commit to a town lynch like that instead of keeping their hands clean? Hallia: why did you vote on the Lessa train and what are your current reads?

I think Hally/Rhea trains would be good today; Rhea is in the perfect place on Lessa's train to ensure it stays there and I didn't like her reasoning nor subsequent questioning by Clov.

[v]Rhea[/v]

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Hallia (1); Razen

Rhea (1); Laine

Not voting (7):  Clov, Taborline, Hallia, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Kronos

Deadline for Day 3 is Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 AM MST/12 noon EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T09&p0=197&msg=Day+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

-RTE first began pushing Lessa as a suspect about six hours before deadline on D1, along with Dice and Rhea, because he felt she had a lazy vote.  He said that he would be willing to move to her if she emerged as a candidate.  He named her again about a half hour before deadline while saying that Dice was the bottom candidate he was least sure of.  I would feel better about RTE if he actually tried to swing the vote towards her, but she wasn't really viable for his preservation, and his vote did help seal a lynch on mafia.  

D2 he still had her as a suspect, so that's a good sign.  He didn't really seem to look at much beyond her, but if she was one of his stronger candidates BEFORE the EoD vote, I can't really fault him for moving on her early.  I'm relatively comfortable this was a genuine read.

-Razen called Lessa's vote opportunistic on the 28th and questioned Taborline for not having any opinion on her.  After a back-and-forth with Tabor about it, says that Lessa is the one most likely to be trying to find town cred.  He unvotes (not sure who it was on at the time...maybe Tabor?) and switches to Lessa.  Lists Lessa as one of his bottom scum reads an hour before D1 dl, along with Dice, while townreading RTE.  This was before the Dice train took off and RTE was sitting in the lead.  This post was probably the most anybody said about Lessa day one, and he came in early after the start of Day 2 with this post.   

Considering the bold, Razen would have to be completely deepwolfing it.

-Laine says that she can understand RTE reading Lessa (along with Rhea) as mafia but opposes his scumread of Dice on the 29th.  Shortly after, she reviews Lessa's vote on Taborline and says it doesn't look so bad.  Beginning D2, she says that Lessa is the worst looking from the RTE train and needs pressure.  Had RTE/Tab/Lessa as her bottom three beginning D2 and said several times that she would like the three of them resolved.  

That's not too bad IMO, and it would have been incredibly more suspicious if she had started with RTE, but now she's nominating Rhea and Hallia as the wagons for today.  Given her interactions with Dice and her sudden dropping of RTE and Tab - even with Lessa flipping town - I'm not liking her at all right now.

This is a good, old-fashioned case of we as a town need to figure things out for ourselves.  BFG never stated who her peeks were, and I think that we're going on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who she had peeked.  We can debate that all day, we're never going to get the answer.

For me, it's a case of sifting through what's been posted and trying to figure out where to go from here.

+1

As for RTE on D1, I felt like his defense of Tab came off as scummy, as well as calling Rhea and Lessa scum all of d1 but not really backing it up that much. Didn't like the trap-post about those being opportunistic jumping on Tab's train either.

I was going to quote but I can't bring myself to put in that much effort right now lol

Overall feeling a lot better about RTE

RTE used to get mislynched a lot as town for that sort of thing. Again, not saying it makes him town, but it is null, and the rest of his stuff looked good to me. The stagnant train looks good for him to, especially when followed by a CFD onto mafia.

How many mafia on the RTE train?

I think I can go with you on Tab being town if we get a Mafia Lessa flip. Other than that, I'm going to continue pushing there.

Razen, I'm having trouble shaking that mafia read of Tabor. I was also very sure we would find mafia in Lessa. And if Lessa flipped mafia, that would clear Tabor for me, as well as RTE. But being that Lessa flipped town.... I'm still scum reading Tab.

I'm currently looking back over the votes for Lessa from yesterday to see what I can get from it. As of right now, before going over things and based on d1, my bottom four in no particular order is Hally, Rhea, Tabor, Kronos. I'd like to narrow that down a bit more

This is something that really caught my attention. Can go with Tab being town and then back-peddeling on that the next day.

I don't understand the votes on Rhea really - so if someone could briefly state that it would be appreciated.

Archived