DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

April Projects!

U4ea

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking at some gardening sites and it says that I'm in Zone 7 for plants if that helps. Lor is in Zone 8, and Jade is in Zones 4-6. I'm not sure about everyone else, but here is a map to help:

http://www.eastendcommunity.com/plants/USA_zone_map.htm

Here is another site that has a large list of flowers and what zones they are good in:

http://www.virtualseeds.com/flowerzoneinfo.html

I think it would be best if everyone could send flower seeds that will at least stay alive when we plant them. :D I'm not sure if you would like us to post what seeds we would like, or just let whoever is sending them decide. Its up to you Lor, just let me know, I'm good either way. :D

*pokes Kelly back and blushes* Ummm..the Flowersinger works here really well cause I don't actually have to touch the darn things...or remember to water them *laughs* but I love to try to grow them....

Ok Ok Ok ..i will plant swap..and must color..*grins*

And it just wouldn't be right not to be springy now would it?

Now I said all that here..do I have to pm too? *sighs*

sign me up for the coloring contest and the seed exchange! I absolutely love flowers and coloring! ^^ I prefer color pencils, though, lol. u can get some pretty awesome colors when u mix them a certain way. I made ne pic that had a kind of pearl effect *eg*

edit: oh, I'm in Zone 8. The flowers I like (calla lily) are Zone 9 & 10 though :( It said that "other sones dig root after hard frost and store in a frost free area." we don't get a good frost, this is Louisiana! The last frost we had was in the beginning of February, does that mean I can't plant them? ((Yet I also like the blue Iris Siberica and they are for my zone but I'm not sur ewhich one I like best, lol))

Actually, Pol, I'm in Zone 8, too, and I have Calla Lilies (they're my favorite, too!) growing in pots on my back porch. They don't start growing for another couple of months, though, so you'll be fine. They're a July bloomer, so as long as you get them in good soil in the next month, you'll be fine. :)

I'm not picky about flowers, as long as you're not terribly surprised when I name whatever you send me after you. LOL ;) I'll leave this open 'til Tuesday, then I'll get the e-mails out. That's a week, right?

I'll put up a list of who I've got on my lists when I get back to my desktop. I'm on the laptop watching the race, so... LOL Ya'll will just have to bear with me. ;)

Alright, here's what I've got so far as far as lists go:

Seed Swap:

Lor

Ursula

Kiara

TwinFlower

Poledra

Jhaenara

Kelly

Spring Exchange:

Lor

F Horn of Valere

Ursula

TwinFlower

The Coloring Contest is open to anyone, so I'm not going to keep a sign up list. Just mail 'em to me (PM for my addy) and I'll keep a record of who I've received the entries from. Enter each of your kids, if you have more than one. LOL I don't mind!

If I'm missing anyone, please flag me down! Thanks!

I'd like 'em by mail if I can get 'em! I have this scrapbook of goodies that ya'll would just laugh over if you could see it. It's my DM scrapbook' date=' so everything I collect when I meet people (that includes the program from Frenchie's concert Saturday) goes in there. I'm thinking I should probably drag it to D*Con this year. LOL Or something. My brag book... ;)

[/quote']

Lor came to California, and I got a great Seed Exchange package!! :wink: I didn't get to see Lor, though. :(

Lor, honey, I don't know where to put them all, but I'm gonna work on it. :D I am going to have the best herb garden around. Thank you, thank you. :D

*grins* you got 'em already!?! LOL I knew mailing them from CA was a good idea. LOL Whoo-hoo!!!

I grabbed every herb I could find and tossed some flowers in there, too. ;) So I'm glad you like 'em! :D

and I came home and got my Spring Exchange from Ben! *dances around* I love coming home to presents!!!

SpringExchange06.jpg

I may have to back out of the seed exchange, unless everyone doens't mind waiting again next month, lol. I'm almost half way finished wiht the craft things and may not get done fast enough toa lso get plants int he mail, lol

maybe I need to sit out of them next exchagnes, no matter how tempting they are. I know how much I love getting presents so I always like to send them to others :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived