DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warder's Gameshow Week - Spend Your Points!

WolfbrotherKronos

Point Totals (Those Under 100 Points may join with a partner):

Cindy: 270-10=260
RTE: 130
Myra: 100 - 10 = 90-10=80
Basel: 50

Elgee: 30
Ryrin: 30

Blank: 20
Turin: 10

Gifts Offered!

10 Points: A drawing by yours truly - you may specify if electronic or by hand

10 Points: Kronos writes you a poem

30 Points: Kronos writes a short story that includes you as a main character.

50 Points: Kronos creates a thread to give out gifts for people on your or someone of your choosing's behalf (will be in the Ajah or Warder's board)

70 Points: Kronos gets prettied by the Reds

100 Points: Kronos follows you around and comments on your posts always finishing with how awesome you are (you get to choose how to say it)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to start off with a poem pretty please :)

A Poem for Myra:

Nature's Song

Ripples pass over the surface of the water.

A bird sings its melodious song.

Fish swim in the river, along with an otter.

Out here, it feels as if there is no wrong.

Out here there is no sound of gears.

No cars, boats, that pass every day.

Out here there is a stillness of years.

But it's song is louder all the same.

Short Story for Ryrin:

Ryrin and Elgee's Excellent Adventure

Ryrin awoke to a soft tapping on her chamber door.  It was almost silent - as if the person on the other side didn't want to wake her, but had important news nonetheless.  Slightly annoyed that someone interrupted her sleep, Ryrin stood.  She shivered in the chilly room, and picked up her blanket, wrapping it around her shoulders as she approached the door.  Upon opening it, she saw Elgee standing with a piece of paper in her hands and wearing a concerned expression on her face.

Elgee handed the slip of paper to Ryrin. "I found this on my desk. I thought maybe you could help."

Ryrin took the paper and examined it.  The paper itself was unremarkable - a simple slip of white vellum.  On one side, she found a riddle written with a barely decipherable hand.

"To Find the Chalice, Listen to Me,

All in One, One in All, That is the Key."

A puzzled look came over Ryrin's face.  It was rather vague.  What Chalice and why was it important?

"First," Ryrin said. "I think we should go to the Library and research important chalices.  If this isn't some aspirant prank, it must be important and we should find something.  Are you sure this can't wait?"

Elgee's look of concern reaffirmed that she'd rather find out sooner rather than later.  Ryrin nodded and both women headed to the Library.  Thankfully, it was warmer in there than in the chambers.  They searched through books, but it was Elgee that found something.

"Look here." She said excitedly. "The Chalice of Kronos - it is said to grant the holder invulnerability and significant power.  In the wrong hands, this could be dangerous.  It's rumored to be in the Tower Basement.  We need to find it and make sure it is safe."

Ryrin nodded her assent, and pointed to a sigil beneath the drawing of the Chalice. "The Sigil of Kronos - we should look for that."

The women headed downstairs, searching for any sign of the Chalice or Sigil.  They arrived at a door, that had previously been unseen by either of them in all their time at the Tower.  On the door was a large keyhole and above that was the Sigil.  There were also runes on the door.

"The runes read that the door only appears during Warder Gameshow Week...we are fortunate." Ryrin said and Elgee nodded.

"All in One, One in All, That is the Key. What does that mean?" Elgee said.

Ryrin shook her head.  She didn't know.  She found two chairs and passed one to Elgee.  She sat down to think, staring at the keyhole as she did.  It was then she noticed something different.  The keyhole had a switch.  She moved up to it and pressed down.  It didn't move, so she used the power and still nothing.

"Can you help me?" Ryrin asked and Elgee complied.

When both women touched the switch, the door swung open and they fell into a brightly lit room sprawled on the floor.  They both stood and dusted themselves off.  The room was plain with the exception of a statue of a man and a pedestal that contained the Chalice with a bell jar over top of it.  Ryrin approached the pedestal and suddenly the statue began to move, walking towards them.  The stone disintegrated as the man approached.  Both women tried to embrace the power, but were unable to.  Something prevented it.

The man before them stopped and looked at both women.  His shaggy hair almost hid the golden eyes that seemed to pierce them as he turned his bearded face to look at each one.  Then he spoke, surprisingly in a tenor voice. "When the Sword Captain Glows - My Chalice You Will Hold."

Both women blinked and then grinned.  The riddle was obvious.  To get the Chalice, they had to pretty Fnorll.

Archived