DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warder's Gameshow Week - Spend Your Points!

WolfbrotherKronos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

A poem for Blank!

Silence

The day is dark - the sun not yet risen

Yet out of bed am I

I'm not tired, so skillfully I listen,

To all the sounds I'm surrounded by.

The birds have not yet started to sing

and all around me seems silent,

But yet when I really listen,

Sounds all around me will spring.

The soft step of a cat in the winter snow

The wind rustles in the trees

The creak of floorboards sometimes grow

In the hall outside the door.

I often wonder about silence

and if it is really there.

But really I think not

Noise is everywhere

And I took a really long time - for that I'm sorry :sad:

But to make up for it - a short story starring Meridian and Blank!

Crossovers

Meridian sat onboard her ship, the Jade Dream.  Sitting in the co-pilot seat, Meridian had a wonderful view of the planet Corellia.  The Jedi Council had sent her here to investigate the anomaly that had been detected several kilometers outside of Coronet City.

Zelka, the pilot and Meridian’s apprentice, sat in the pilot seat, fiddling with buttons and configuring a landing.  They had tried to get a visual on the anomaly, but it was creating some sort of a magnetic field that messed with their instruments.  As they got closer to it, their navicomputers would go out of commission.  Meridian had faith in the piloting skills of Zelka and herself – and they had the Force.  With the Force guiding them, they would land safely.

They hit some turbulence as they came into Corellia’s atmosphere.  The computers began to go haywire and the lights began to flicker.  As one, the two Jedi reached out to the Force and placed their hands firmly on the controls. They would have to do this without computer guidance.  They could feel every wind that blew their ship centimeters off course.  They made the slightest adjustments.  And before long, the ship landed safely. Both pilots sank back into their chairs and relaxed.  Until they saw the swirling vortex in front of the ship.

“That’s it.” Meridian said.

The anomaly looked like a black tornado on its side, but there was no wind to accompany it.

“What is it?” Zelka said, a confused look marring her features.

Meridian frowned. “I’m going to get a closer look.” Zelka gave Meridian a disapproving gaze. “I’ll be careful…and hey…it’s me!” Meridian continued and gave Zelka a wink.

Zelka’s gaze didn’t shift, but she said. “May the force be with you, Master.”

Meridian returned the sentiment with a reassuring smile.  Zelka was afraid, and would need to learn to control her fear.

Meridian left the shift and approached the vortex.  Visually, it seemed as if gravity was pulling things to the center, but Meridian couldn’t feel the pull. She stepped closer and reached out with the Force to probe the swirling cloud, and as she did it began to spin faster and move closer to her.  The vortex responded to the Force! Meridian pushed back with the Force, trying to keep the vortex from overtaking her, but it soon surrounded her making everything black.

Blank smiled and turned the page in her book.  She was in the White Tower’s library and she loved it here.  It was always peaceful and quiet. She had read The Travels of Jain Farstrider several times, but it was always worth a repeat. A sound interrupted her thoughts.  She heard what sounded like a crash from a few aisles away. Blank frowned – it was a library after all.

Blank stood and went to see what was the matter.  A woman in brown robes lay tangled in a pile of books.  Blank pursed her lips reproachfully. The woman uncluttered herself.

“Where am I and who are you?” the woman asked Blank.

“I am Blank – Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah – and you are in the White Tower Library.  You should show some respect you know.”

The woman stood and brushed herself off before picking up some books. “I’m sorry – I don’t know how I got here.  I’m Jedi Master Meridian.  Last I knew I was on Corellia.  What planet is the White Tower on?”

Blank blinked. Planet – that was a strange word – and where in the Light was Corellia?

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Blank asked, forming the delving weave and weaving it on Meridian. The results came back clean – she was healthy. Blank wondered at Corellia – she would need to interview this woman – find out all about her world and write it down.  Blank could feel the excitement building. “You have a story to tell – let’s hear it.”

Meridian followed Blank to a table.  Blank formed a privacy weave so no one would hear them and she listened to Meridian’s tale. It was quite the tale – traveling past the sky into space – traveling the stars – mystical swords made of light – a swirling vortex that transported her to this world.  What caught Blank’s attention the most was the Force.  It sounded a lot like the One Power.

Before Blank could ask more, a White Tower servant entered the Library. “Trollocs – in the Tower Grounds!”

Meridian looked at Blank. “The Force has brought me here.  I must fight against this enemy of yours.”

Blank didn’t really understand but she nodded and stood.  Both women ran towards the Tower grounds.  Blank noticed that Meridian had pulled out a metal cylinder from the folds of her robes.  They arrived in the courtyard.  Warders fought and Aes Sedai flung the power at Trollocs.

Merdian grimaced. “Ugly little buggers aren’t they?” She asked and Blank nodded. “Look out!” Meridian had noticed one of the Trollocs with an axe trying to sneak up on Blank.  Blank ducked and Meridian reached out with the Force and pushed the Trolloc back.

Blank almost gasped.  She knew she had witnessed the Force at work, but yet she hadn’t seen the weaves form.  It seemed as if this power was different than hers. Blank did gasp when the metal cylinder in Meridian’s hand expanded into a blade of green light. Meridian nodded at Blank and Blank embraced the power.

Side by side, Aes Sedai and Jedi fought. Meridian’s lightsaber was a green flurry of blows and Blank sent out balls of fire to stem back the tide of the trolloc hoard.  They kept an eye on each other – saving each other a few times. With their help, the trolloc advance was routed and both Jedi and Aes Sedai faced each other.  Suddenly the vortex appeared in front of them.

“It appears that I must go.” Meridian said. “I was glad to meet you, Blank, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah.”

“And I was glad to meet you, Jedi Master Meridian.” Blank suddenly felt sad and she could see that Meridian felt the same.

“May the Force be with you.” Meridian said.

“May the Light illumine and protect you.” Blank responded

Meridian called upon the Force and the vortex spun faster as it had before.  In an instant, Meridian was gone.  Blank frowned moementarily and then smiled.  Doubtless few would believer her tale, but she knew.  There were other worlds out there – hopefully, she could find them.

Meridian awoke and she was standing back on Corellia.  The vortex was gone, but she stood with hands splayed in front of her.

“Hello…” Zelka said quietly behind her.

“Oh…hi.” Meridian said. “How long have I been here?”

“A couple of minutes.  Whatever you did, the anomaly is gone. What happened?”

“Nothing – absolutely nothing.” Meridian said with a grin.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Elgee locked this topic

Archived