DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"The Wheel of Time Companion" to be published November 2015

Werthead

• 3 months later...

from what I skimmed, not sure about it being murder.  "killed" is certain.

murder would be if she was the intended victim and if the body part was the intended target.  And murder to me implies he waiting for her; and also implies he taking first possible opportunity to kill her.  not sure when she entered the place.

What I would really like to see were some of RJ's first drafts of the many, many story lines.

Actually, what would be better, would be for Harriet to release these separately like Christopher Tolkien did for his dad;  The History of the Lord of the Rings  was published in four volumes. I would be first in line for a WoT equivalent if made available.

It was more than just Lord of the Rings.  Those books were a subset of another series; Histories of Middle-Earth, 12 volumes.  The History of the Lord of the Rings was volumes 6-9; and the 12th covered the appendixes of Lord of the Rings.

A Wheel of Time equivalent would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

@sabio

i always thought that Taim became a DF when he decides that Rand can not win the LB because his madness (when Rand discusses with LTT in the farm (Black tower), he was surprised because Taim was sincerely worried). And it is probably that Aginor convinced Taim to join the shadow too.

What I would really like to see were some of RJ's first drafts of the many, many story lines.

Actually, what would be better, would be for Harriet to release these separately like Christopher Tolkien did for his dad;  The History of the Lord of the Rings  was published in four volumes. I would be first in line for a WoT equivalent if made available.

I'm not sure there's enough info for that. Harriet has been talking about millions of words (well, hundreds of thousands maybe) in notes, and that appears to be correct, but a lot of that was verbatim lifts from earlier in the series. I've seen some of the notes and a lot of them are copy and pastes of the info revealed in the early books and then maybe a few lines expanding on them (which in turn are similar to what was revealed later on in the later novels).

If people have this idea there are absolutely reams of in-depth info about nations, cities etc that never appeared in the books, that does not appear to be correct. There's a fair bit of info not revealed in the novels, but not thousands of pages worth.

More interesting would be the info about RJ's earliest ideas, when the series was completely different to what we got later on, but that information seems to just be a few sides of A4 paper.

I would also be curous  if RJ had anymore notes on the Forsaken' background or if the BWB is it.  My guess is he probably doesn't because its the lost through history thing .So he might not of thought too much about that.

As far as I recall, only one relative of any Forsaken was explicitly mentioned::  Asmodean's mother.  either late Shadow Rising or early Fires of Heaven; Lanfear speaking to Rand.  Lanfear claiming that Asmodean severed his mother.

It seems doubtful to me that any Forsaken had a spouse or child/children.  the books would probably have mentioned them if they did.

Though 2 Forsaken had romantic interest in another character.

-Lanfear; Lews Therin

-Demandred; Ilyena

Though 2 Forsaken had romantic interest in another character.

-Lanfear; Lews Therin

-Demandred; Ilyena

Just think how much drama would be saved if they match this way, both Mierin and Barid might not become forsaken at all...

Lanfear was romantically interested in Lews Therin before she became a Forsaken and before Lews Therin went to Ilyena; yet the books do not tell the timing of Demandred's romantic interest in Ilyena.

Because there isn't really any evidence to suggest there was. The only time this is ever mentioned is when Lews Therin is ranting about the Asha'man and Forsaken. It is possible that what Lews Therin said was true, but in the same rant he wanted to kill all male channelers for being too dangerous and his 'personality' was that of the insane Lews Therin, so the veracity of the claim is questionable. 

Not true in AMOL Dem thinks to himself Lewis Therin had taken Ilyena.  So he had some interest in her and finally admitted to himself Lewis won her heart fair and square.

Ahhh! Right you are Sabio! 

I had totally forgotten aMoL to be honest. My bad. 

Archived