DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Medieval Mayhem (SCA and other medieval related chatter)

LadyWordsmith

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem. It seems as if there is a lot of discord in my Barony that spills over into drama on FB. I think it's just a few "troublemakers." I'm very new.

We even had this: Kingdom Social Media Officer here politely requesting that the society ideals of chivalry, honor, and respect be remembered. Please remember this is an open forum, and there are people watching.

that's generally the case. In my old group, we had 4-5 people ruining it for the rest. Most of our members are old members from that group, but we also managed to attract other people already. If you have a broad spectrum to cover (850-1400), you can get more people to join, build groups and participate during festivals

I have a problem. It seems as if there is a lot of discord in my Barony that spills over into drama on FB. I think it's just a few "troublemakers." I'm very new.

We even had this: Kingdom Social Media Officer here politely requesting that the society ideals of chivalry, honor, and respect be remembered. Please remember this is an open forum, and there are people watching.

Yucky. Facebook brings out the worst in people. Because we can't eject troublemakers, a few bad personalities will ruin the game and sour the group. I counter the drama by being the warmest and most enthusiastic person I can be.

Yes, Ryrin, that sucks. We counter act that by either forming a new group or playing as a part of a household (a unofficial group of like minded people). But don't just run into the nearest household, do some digging and ask around, first.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! Congrats, Thane!*toasts, too*

I broke my ankle at War a few weekends ago. It makes being a SCAdian difficult, but I'm doing it anyway.

I'm Consort for a fighter next weekend at our Kingdom Crown Tourney, so my broken able will be schlepping it down that procession! Haha, should be fun with my surgery on Monday, right?

Archived