DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Medieval Mayhem (SCA and other medieval related chatter)

LadyWordsmith

Haha, no. I was walking up to the pavilion to help the Sable Swords with a newcomer feast. It had rained. I moved off the road to get out of the way of a car.

Yeah, there was mud there. I slid and broke my ankle.

Didn't break my mug of... get this... WATER! though.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!!

We had a fun demo and I want to learn the medieval games.  I bought Mancala and the Fox and the Goose.

We went to the newcomer's meeting yesterday and then out for ice cream.  My husband is joining!  We both like archery and thrown weapons.  Our Anniversary camp out is over Father's Day at one of our favoriter places.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on an SCA camp out next weekend.  We haven't chosen a period yet so my husband needs something simple fast.  I made this using pinking sheers, a T-Shirt and leather cord.  I'm going to make a couple more.

shirt_zpsubzdwmso.jpg

Here is the Youtube Video:

This was actually a sort of musical. Signing, dancing, acting, fighting, all included. Most of the extra's had clothing that looks ok from a distance. I'm proud of 'my guys', seeing we absolutely rocked that joint, and basically looked best (as for the singing, i dunno :ph34r: )

• 2 weeks later...

Those photos are amazing! Clearly much fun was had.  :wink: 

We are hosting our kingdom Heraldic and Scribal symposium this coming Saturday. Just finished putting together a schedule of classes. Getting excited.  :smile:

How did that go?

• 4 weeks later...

It went really well! We had nearly twice the number of anticipated attendees despite the holiday weekend (we told Kingdom we'd be okay. They doubted. Everything turned out just fine.  :mat:

Lots of fun classes, and the sideboard was tasty. Afterwards a bunch of us went out for dinner and then over to the lake to watch the fireworks. Our city pays for a really nice display every year, and it's big since they can shoot it off over the lake in the not-quite-middle of town. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived