DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Medieval Mayhem (SCA and other medieval related chatter)

LadyWordsmith

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. It happened at a demo. Our Seneschal and I were fighting with different weapons to give the audience an idea of what we can recreate. When we started with two - handed weapons, I took it slow because it's not a style I work with very often. He attacked, I over-compensated and that was the end of that. We've been working on it since then but I got off lucky with no broken fingers or the like, just a huge bloody bruise beneath my fingernail.

• 2 weeks later...

i came across this thread by browsing a bit. If it's medieval clothing you'd like to look into, check the attachment i addad. 

I use this in my medieval reenactment group as a reference.

Should it not open, pm me if you like.

Cheers!

That's great!!!!!

... an AoA also allows you to wear weapons in the presence of the Crown.

I've never heard that before but the Outlands is a little bit behind the times. Or maybe I just don't ask enough questions.

As I understand it, who may carry weapons into court depends on the traditions of the individual kingdoms. There is not a statement in Corpora (currently) regarding the practice of bearing weapons into court. I do know that Ansteorra does not have a rule pertaining to it in Kingdom Law (just looked to verify I was remembering correctly) , but that the tradition is that anyone may wear weapons into court as providing with the Corpora statement regarding live weapons at events, which says simply this. 

Section IV 

Section 4 : Weaponry

A. The privilege to bear period weapons at events in Ansteorra may not be infringed upon unless the 
site owner prohibits it or unless a subject is deemed unsafe by the ruling noble, knight marshal, a 
representative of the Crown, or the Crown.

Yes, I like documenting information. :wink:

It's not really an issue for me, either way. :) I have no weapons to carry, anyway!

Meetings aren't usually fun, so yay, Ryrin! :-)

I have to plan to take my monsters to Red Tower next weekend. Luckily, there's no camping, we sleep in cabins!

Yay!!! General clothes are pretty easy. When you get settled and start wanting clothes to fit your persona... That's when the trouble starts! Haha

I am seriously considering taking up rapier as well as archery. It looks like so much fun!

Archived