DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Let's welcome our new civilian, Harry

Hayl3y

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Songstress... you must read them. The millions of adults around the world who have read them and continue to re read them proves that they're not just for kids.

Well see, the main reason I haven't is because of the obsessiveness of some of the fans.

That and I'm a bit of a hipster at heart, and I'm totally cool with being a huge A Song of Ice and Fire geek because I loved the books before the TV show made them a huge part of pop culture, but I hate coming late to a big party like Harry Potter :wink:

nope can't delete posts in the BT.

corrected a type.

if I had 190 points to give I'd surely give them :smile:

mmmmmnommynoms duck....

Cats can't even type 'typo' lol. That's because cats always do exactly as they mean to do. They are like furry small wizards.

I know that feeling Tress. There is a show here called Comedy Nights and everyone watches it except my family. Now I am so fed up of hearing about it that I take pride in not seeing it :P . But weird moment was when I saw a popular phrase (babaji ka thullu...no idea what it means) on a Harry Potter page on Facebook. Blood and ashes, that thing was there too, on a HP page!

But yeah try reading the books, they are not bad...but I would say that as I grew up on movies and books are better

nope can't delete posts in the BT.corrected a type.

if I had 190 points to give I'd surely give them :smile:

mmmmmnommynoms duck....

Cats can't even type 'typo' lol. That's because cats always do exactly as they mean to do. They are like furry small wizards.

LOL... and it was a tappo besides.

*purrrrs and steals the potter kids hogwarts letter*

Songstress... you must read them. The millions of adults around the world who have read them and continue to re read them proves that they're not just for kids.

Well see, the main reason I haven't is because of the obsessiveness of some of the fans.

That and I'm a bit of a hipster at heart, and I'm totally cool with being a huge A Song of Ice and Fire geek because I loved the books before the TV show made them a huge part of pop culture, but I hate coming late to a big party like Harry Potter :wink:

just do it in secrecy and shame like I did with those twilight movies.

just do it in secrecy and shame like I did with those twilight movies.

*snerk*

Rowling had an excellent PR machine.

I think she did an amazing thing in that she made reading 'ok' again. I grew up in a town where I had to fail a maths test on purpose so I wasn't put in the top set. Seeing young people enjoying learning and literature is amazing.

But.

It was never new and amazing for me. I'd never stopped reading stories. Even if it did make me a weirdo and a swot. I'd seen it done far better.

Ooooh someone dies?

Read weirdstone of brisingamen. That was my eye opener gateway book.

One day I'm going to go on a walk to Shutlingslow.

you got ten for joining.

you will earn points for starting your own threads and getting them properly derailed, signing up for the 100 questions for points thingy and playing other games like mafia and stuff, by sucking up better than you have yet or by amusing someone who can give you points, by signing up for various classes and experiments and things as they come up and sometimes just by asking.

Archived