DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fishsticks

JenniferL

I used to like those, usually with macaroni and cheese. Now I think they taste like styrofoam, only squishier. And breaded. Little smokies or tuna go better with mac and cheese anyway. :P

...filet'o'fish burgers from McDonalds....which, interestingly enough, are not filetted.

And probably also not fish, either.

Hehe...I'll just quote his blog...

"I shared this pet peeve with the youth at my church and we decided, while on our rafting trip, to put McDonalds and Burger King to the test. When we asked the cashier at McDonalds what was in the mysterious Filet-O-Fish, I got a blank stare followed by an annoyed “I don’t know.” Excuse me, if anyone should be annoyed, it should be me. The Burger King people were a bit kinder. After being asked, a nice gentleman named Cory disappeared into the background to ask his boss. He returned with the answer “Alaskan Fish.”"

How do fish become sticks? Do the fish that they use to make fishsticks come from some sort of stick?

I've always been curious about these questions, and many other questions of course. I just figured I'd start with two, so I wouldn't overwhelm everyone. ;)

But I remember eating fishsticks with ketchup when I was younger. Good stuff. :)

We call that "krab" here in the US. Its marketed as a cheaper, not quite as good alternative to crab meat. What you silly Euros call fish fingers is what we call fish sticks. A piece of fish bits pressed into a stick, then breaded.

Man... Danya just can't keep out of trouble can she. :P

Fishsticks are probably made just like chicken patties and tenders are made. We take a bunch of chicken breasts, add spices and ground chicken skin, water, and blend. Then they are press formed through a machine, battered and breaded. Its not a pretty process, but it is all breast meat.

Now the contents of fish sticks probably varies depending on the quality and who makes them.

Kelly i think you're right I've seen fish fingers (fish sticks) over here and the fish looks a greyish mush :shock: , but other brands (birds eye for example) make then with proper pieces of filleted fish and they are nice...hmmmm...

Corki they are crab sticks :lol:

Archived